The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I've heard it called 'Deli belly' for years.

Also with that other news link above, I'd heard the term pikey for years also, it means someone who is cheap . . . then they roll out some idea that it's apparently also a reference to travelers.

Oddly just this morning, I was checking something on the net about the phrase 'nitty gritty'. I had heard that it was thought to be a reference to slavery.

To explain we have a new guy just started at my work who is from West Africa. One of the staff used the phrase 'nitty gritty' in conversation with him. I cringed - slavery reference, good idea.

But from what I was reading on the net, there's been people saying that it's a slavery reference, but it isn't.
whaaa? never heard that nitty gritty was offensive to anyone. as for pikeys, they calll themselves roma, in the US they are called gypsies, worldwide they are called crooks and bums who dont contribute anything to society. fuck those guys.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I feel like this is Tumblers fault somehow. I'd say we should ruin Tumbler for ruining our stuff, but how do you ruin something that's already worthless?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Snatch is the first thing I think of when someone say's Pikey!

Goatface

supposedly they will announce their ruling by tomorrow

they also postponed the top gear live shows in norway

Top Gear Live regret to inform ticket holders for next week's shows in Stavanger, Norway that we will be postponing all 4 performances, with rescheduled dates for later this year to be confirmed within the next fortnight. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause fans and we will endeavour to contact all ticket holders directly to inform them of the change of dates.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
According to a report compiled by BBC Scotland boss Ken MacQuarrie and submitted at the weekend, Clarkson verbally abused Mr Tymon for 20 minutes, before physically attacking for at least 30 seconds .
This is why we can't have nice things

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It is thought Clarkson may sign for American network Netflix, which is becoming increasingly popular with global TV audiences.

And this is why we might just have better things! Unrated Top gear? Yes please.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Would be good business to sign him, James, and the midget to another show, especially Netflix. The show is one of the most watched shows in the entire world (and was the most watched show at one point). I do not see anyone who can fill Clarkson's shoes.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It is thought Clarkson may sign for American network Netflix, which is becoming increasingly popular with global TV audiences.

And this is why we might just have better things! Unrated Top gear? Yes please.
Man, now I gotta get Netflix, I was just about to sign up for that HBO streaming service too.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I think Clarkson has been looking to get off this show for a bit. I remember seeing a tweet from last year during an extended break where he said something like 'let's put it this way.. looking forward to doing a new show' and that he was kind of fed up with the producers of Top Gear.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's just been pushing the limits hoping to get fired for awhile now, maybe because he couldn't voluntarily leave due to his contract or something.
It sucks in the short term, but maybe leaving for Netflix or something will be the best in the long run. Get to see him not have to dance on eggshells so much.

Goatface

have to wonder he has not done a "Clarkson: ______" release in several years
hope another network can pick up his war documentaries and keep making them

Silence_sl

shitlord
I think Clarkson has been looking to get off this show for a bit. I remember seeing a tweet from last year during an extended break where he said something like 'let's put it this way.. looking forward to doing a new show' and that he was kind of fed up with the producers of Top Gear.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's just been pushing the limits hoping to get fired for awhile now, maybe because he couldn't voluntarily leave due to his contract or something.
It sucks in the short term, but maybe leaving for Netflix or something will be the best in the long run. Get to see him not have to dance on eggshells so much.
Their contracts are up at the end of the month, so all he had to do was not sign. Someone at BBC has had it in in for him for a while now, though.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every single news article referencing this Clarkson incident also references and links him with the most insane shit like the Falklands number plate. What does that have to do with Clarkson? TG staff / producers procured the cars, do they think Clarkson went out personally to find the damn thing? The whole India "trots" comment was absurd as well. Every fucking person who has been on that side of the world calls getting the shits while travelling "Deli belly". It's like saying the sky is blue. It's just a fact of life.

This whole situation just pisses me off to no end. Someone has clearly had it out for Clarkson for a long time.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm sure it would be a big hit, but you have to agree there's a lot of stuff he could do with the BBC behind him that a regular network isn't going to bring. Stuff like the excursions all over the world, driving a car off of a Royal Marines landing craft onto a beach and shit like that.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His contract expired this year. I don't see why not just negotiate more power away from the producers or just refuse to sign a new one and pull Hammond and May with him, theirs expires just the same. I also don't want to think of Clarkson as the kind of guy who beats someone up just so he doesn't have to sit through half a year of a contract anymore.

If the fight really went down as described, then sacking him really is the only option. The major issue I see is that that producer couldn't possibly be working with Clarkson anymore. Can't really complain that celebrities get away with everything, then demand one really get away with this.

I'd really hope someone denies that this is what actually happened.