The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

dizzie

Triggered Happy
so wait, this didnt even happen while they were working? this was after hours? if thats the case then this should have never been mentioned.
Cast and crew were at a hotel in order to shoot the next day. Think JC and the boys flew in from Surrey (where they were shooting earlier in the day) just to grab a meal and then crash out for the night. Although they delayed the helio cause of pub.....

Hope Netflix picks them up, can't really see Clarkson being himself on a network (ad's, complaints etc). Netflix is ideal and it would be a money spinner for them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Cast and crew were at a hotel in order to shoot the next day. Think JC and the boys flew in from Surrey (where they were shooting earlier in the day) just to grab a meal and then crash out for the night. Although they delayed the helio cause of pub.....

Hope Netflix picks them up, can't really see Clarkson being himself on a network (ad's, complaints etc). Netflix is ideal and it would be a money spinner for them.
so we lost one of the greatest tv comedies because of some shit that happened after work? thats just insane

Northerner

N00b
We've lost nothing, likely gained really.

BBC fucked up and in a classic way. Pick on the "talent" all you want, they've got a right to get fed and looked after a bit and some moron missed the last call for food where they were situated.

No big deal until you get into a fight about it. At that point you'd best be the guy that gets paid millions a year or you should shut the fuck up. Or not! But suck up the consequences if you do buck the man.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
3d-wat-gif.jpg

no idea wut i just read above.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
i dunno, i would let the viewers decide. if they care if clarkson had a scuffle with one of the top gear producers they can vote with their lack of viewership.
I'm surprised at how many people want the guy who's famous and making millions to be able to get away with assaulting someone he's worked with for 10 years, simply because of his fame, money, and working on a show that's liked.

I never thought I'd see the day where people acually supported the rich and famous being held to a different standard because of their fame and wealth.

And once again, remember Jeremy is the one who reported this to the BBC. The producer kept his mouth shut and thought he was fired.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm surprised at how many people want the guy who's famous and making millions to be able to get away with assaulting someone he's worked with for 10 years, simply because of his fame, money, and working on a show that's liked.

I never thought I'd see the day where people acually supported the rich and famous being held to a different standard because of their fame and wealth.

And once again, remember Jeremy is the one who reported this to the BBC. The producer kept his mouth shut and thought he was fired.
rich and famous blah blah blah, if you get into a fight with a co-worker at a bar after work, would you be upset if you were fired?

Fury

rich and famous blah blah blah, if you get into a fight with a co-worker at a bar after work, would you be upset if you were fired?
So tell me Astro, where's the line that you'd be okay with him getting fired? Clearly berating someone for 20 minutes and assaulting them to the point that someone else had to step in and seperate him isn't enough, so what is? Broken bones? Eye gouged out? Using a knife to stab him? Gunshot? Beating puppies to death and eating them? Where do you draw the line?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So tell me Astro, where's the line that you'd be okay with him getting fired? Clearly berating someone for 20 minutes and assaulting them to the point that someone else had to step in and seperate him isn't enough, so what is? Broken bones? Eye gouged out? Using a knife to stab him? Gunshot? Beating puppies to death and eating them? Where do you draw the line?
heated argument followed by a brief scuffle at a bar after work. holy shit. stop the presses.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There is your new Top Gear host, Oisin Tymon! ya think they mentioned his name enough times in the article?
so he suffered a 30 second "unprovoked" physical attack and all he got was a fat lip? Oisin Tymon should be happy he doesnt work for Ray Rice. one good thing Oisin Tymon, now you dont need to worry about losing your job anymore.
I like Top Gear as much as the next guy but you cannot act like Clarkson did. The producer should have sued the fuck out of the BBC for the hostile work environment then laughed all the way to the bank.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It is not on your own time though you fucking mongoloid. The company is still paying for that trip, the hotel, the food, the per diem, etc what ever the BBC does. I travel for work all the time and you better fucking believe what happens while I am on the companies dime matters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It is not on your own time though you fucking mongoloid. The company is still paying for that trip, the hotel, the food, the per diem, etc what ever the BBC does. I travel for work all the time and you better fucking believe what happens while I am on the companies dime matters.
the company pays for all that stuff, but they dont own him. lets say this wasnt about a fight. lets say that clarkson banged the dude's wife and it was found out. would you still be expecting him to be fired?

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
They don't have another option.

Otherwise it looks like "Government endorses hitting junior employees".
The BBC isn't run by the government, in fact the current UK government is generally regarded as being hostile towards the BBC.

Clarkson on the other hand is pals with the prime minister, or was before this all blew up. Cameron has dropped him like a hot potato as the election is looming. Here's the crowd of people who he hangs out with (and it's not James May or Richard Hammond)

Upon arriving at the party Morgan is said to have quipped "'I've never seen so many people who hate each other together in one room."
Chipping Norton set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
the company pays for all that stuff, but they dont own him. lets say this wasnt about a fight. lets say that clarkson banged the dude's wife and it was found out. would you still be expecting him to be fired?
Depends on what the terms of his contract is. There are tons of morality clauses in any major employment contract. Likely not for sex but definitely for something illegal like what happened here.

Fury

Building a strawman to deflect away from the facts? Come on Astro, I like you mate, but JC clearly went full bore primedonna over not getting a hot steak, and isn't getting his contract renewed because of it.

I think it's too bad, because I like Top Gear quite a lot, but it is what it is.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Depends on what the terms of his contract is. There are tons of morality clauses in any major employment contract. Likely not for sex but definitely for something illegal like what happened here.
i think i would be more upset that my wife was banging jeremy clarkson over me being slugged by jeremy clarkson, but thats just me. so you think because this was a legal issue its why he was fired? ok then lets say clarkson and this guy were walking around smoking a giant bong and it was photographed and all over those trashy Brit newspapers the next day. marijuana is still illegal in the UK right? i imagine thats considered a more serious crime than simple assault. what do you think would happen?

Goatface

if they wanted to keep him, they would have found a way and taken the heat. even if that meant paying the guy a chunk of cash, as they are surely going to loose more than that in the next couple of years.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
i think i would be more upset that my wife was banging jeremy clarkson over me being slugged by jeremy clarkson, but thats just me. so you think because this was a legal issue its why he was fired? ok then lets say clarkson and this guy were walking around smoking a giant bong and it was photographed and all over those trashy Brit newspapers the next day. marijuana is still illegal in the UK right? i imagine thats considered a more serious crime than simple assault. what do you think would happen?
I cannot comment on what is a greater crime or not in the UK and I am not going too. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.