The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I cannot comment on what is a greater crime or not in the UK and I am not going too. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
aww come on, the show is over so we might as well piss on its ashes and have a good old shitty derail while we are at it

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Make it so!

rrr_img_93656.jpg

Devlin

Golden Squire
i think i would be more upset that my wife was banging jeremy clarkson over me being slugged by jeremy clarkson, but thats just me. so you think because this was a legal issue its why he was fired? ok then lets say clarkson and this guy were walking around smoking a giant bong and it was photographed and all over those trashy Brit newspapers the next day. marijuana is still illegal in the UK right? i imagine thats considered a more serious crime than simple assault. what do you think would happen?
Do you really believe smoking pot is a more serious crime than assault?

Really?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you really believe smoking pot is a more serious crime than assault?

Really?
uh what? are you asking me if i think the penalty for drug possession is more serious than simple assault or are you asking me some kind of moral question if i think drug possession is a bigger deal? yes to the first question, no to the second. oh and grats on missing the point of my question. chanur thinks that clarkson got fired because of some legal issue that the BBC was liable in some way if they let a person who hit somebody in a bar fight after work back on television. i asked him if clarkson was found smoking dope would it have been as big a deal because typically drug possession is considered a more serious crime than misdemeanor assault.

it doesnt matter, he cant answer that question and you are just trolling. besides, clarkson will answer the question himself when he, may and hammond are back on tv before the end of the year and the top gear franchise is dead and most of its crew are filing for unemployment checks.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
everyone who owns a television has to basically pay a tax every year specifically to pay for the BBC and it's programming.
Not quite, you only have to buy a license if you watch TV as it is being broadcast, whether on a TV set, a computer or any other device. I do not own one as the only programs I watch are downloaded - usually US broadcasts of serial drama.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Not quite, you only have to buy a license if you watch TV as it is being broadcast, whether on a TV set, a computer or any other device. I do not own one as the only programs I watch are downloaded - usually US broadcasts of serial drama.
Good to know they're becoming more lenient because they used to be very unflexible about that. You literally had to prove that you were unable to receive broadcasts.

In a court of law it is.
In order to get to a court of law you would have to have been stopped in possession many times and even then I'm not sure the magistrate would be too impressed.

1st time - warning
2nd time - fine
3rd time - arrest
After the arrest there are another further group of options, a court case wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list.

Devlin

Golden Squire
it doesnt matter, he cant answer that question and you are just trolling. besides, clarkson will answer the question himself when he, may and hammond are back on tv before the end of the year and the top gear franchise is dead and most of its crew are filing for unemployment checks.
You think because you like Jeremy Clarkson that he should be given carte blanche to hit people at work without losing his job and I'm the one trolling?

Personally I don't mind him or the show. Do I think it's a shame? Of course! Do I think he should be fired for hitting someone from work because they didn't have his dinner ready? Fuck yes.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
did stalin produce that image?
rrr_img_94116.jpg

...what I'm suggesting for Top Gear is that, as with Doctor Who, the lead character doesn't ever leave - rather he simply "regenerates". My proposal is that for the start of the next series they simply take some of the footage that's already been shot with Jeremy, possibly from that fateful day in Yorkshire, but after a couple of minutes his image suddenly goes all weird and via the use of computer trickery and possibly a swooshing noise I would appear in his place - except I would not be known as Alexei Sayle, I would be called "Jeremy Clarkson", and forever more whoever plays the role will be known as "Jeremy Clarkson", even if they are hopefully one day non-white or a woman.
Alexei Sayle: it's time for a Marxist Top Gear | Books | The Guardian

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So this week May and Hammond all confirmed leaving Top Gear. So did the previous producer Andy Wilman.

Quote from May

He said: "Me and (Richard) Hammond with a surrogate Jeremy is a non-starter, it just wouldn't work ... it has to be the three of us.

"I don't think you could carry on with two people and put someone in as the new Jeremy because they are not going to be the new Jeremy.

"That would be short sighted and I don't think it would work. Virtually impossible."
Top Gear - Mirror Online

But Top Gear will be back on TV, with a complete new cast and production crew. Going to torrent the first episode, as it is probably going to be epic. BBC has to go all in to keep the series going, considering the massive change, and I have a sense it is going to be terribad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i wouldnt even watch non clarkson UK top gear if it was scarjo, natalie portman and kiera knightly all dyking out on each other in brand new super cars.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
i wouldnt even watch non clarkson UK top gear if it was scarjo, natalie portman and kiera knightly all dyking out on each other in brand new super cars.
I like top gear with Clarkson, but I would watch this, record it and watch it again before even bothering to watch another Clarkson show ever if I had to choose

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I like top gear with Clarkson, but I would watch this, record it and watch it again before even bothering to watch another Clarkson show ever if I had to choose
as spank material sure. But for high paced comedic action entertainment? Nope. Gimme clarkson

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It looks like the new hosting team is coming together, some are calling it a dream team??:

BBC's lining up new Top Gear team of Jodie Kidd and Philip Glenister | Daily Mail Online

BBC chiefs have reportedly picked their new dream team line-up for Top Gear, including model Jodie Kidd, Life on Mars actor Philip Glenister and Channel 4 presenter Guy Martin.

The show's bosses, who are desperately trying to secure a new presenting team for the long-running programme, are said to be in 'advanced talks' with the prospective trio.

The news come amid growing speculation over the future of the BBC 2 show, after James May and Richard Hammond appeared to rule out a return without Jeremy Clarkson.
So I know Jodie Kidd as a model, she also set one of the fastest laps on the "star in a reasonably priced car" segment.

Don't know the actor, but I do know Guy Martin from having watched Isle of Man TT racing a few times.

- - - -

My 2 cents on this line-up is that they seem way too diverse a group of people. I can't see chemistry and a friendly 'best mates' style rapport going on with them. It's almost like someone tried to find 3 extremely different people.