The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hmm, i like phillip glenister, and his rough tough veneer in Life On Mars was quite good, however this will be glenister playing himself and the guy is a newbie to this at 52 years old. only 3 years younger than clarkson who has been doing this genre of television for, 25 years? hammond and may have been in this for 10+ years and i still consider them novices in comparison to clarkson. yeah this show will be a farce. swallow your pride BBC and get the real guys back. you are just going to kill your franchise, which may already be dying.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah it's not like he's already presenting a car show on the telly or anything.

ok for a year. hardly an automotive veteran, the show is ok, but there is really no passion from him for cars compared to the guy who actually does the car restorations.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The previous 3 presenters, were & are journalists. Which is something you study at a University level, it's a high degree of training on using words and the media to convey thoughts and ideas to an audience.

There was always a lot more to it than just 3 guys messing around in cars.

And the replacement line-up is a motorbike racer, an actor and a model . . . hmmm.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Jeremy Clarkson on Twitter:

"I took this today"

CEQwf1FW0AAuz-s.jpg:large

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is that hamster, may and jezzer standing in the background freezing their asses off next to a judges panel?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not exactly a copyright/trademark lawyer but I don't think there's anything stopping them from making the same format of show. The particular details should be "different enough" but they can certainly make a show where they have guests on, drive cars, get laptimes, have a stunt pro driver, etc. There's nothing protecting any particular format of show.

Seventh

Golden Squire
The previous 3 presenters, were & are journalists. Which is something you study at a University level, it's a high degree of training on using words and the media to convey thoughts and ideas to an audience.

There was always a lot more to it than just 3 guys messing around in cars.

And the replacement line-up is a motorbike racer, an actor and a model . . . hmmm.
This. Not to mention that they're all serious gearheads who can absolutely drive their asses off. Part of their appeal is that they don't just gush about Ferraris and Veyrons - even when they're doing something like a hot hatch comparison, it seems extremely genuine when they're praising something while flogging it around the track. (Hammond in the Ford Fiesta/Focus a couple of seasons ago comes to mind.)

As someone already mentioned, chemistry is huge. Even when they're just shooting the shit doing the news it's still engaging because they're good at what they do. For comparison, watch the first 30 seconds or so ofthis awful-as-usual crap from the USA version. I have a feeling that's what we're in for with the new "team". It'll be a fun train wreck for us to shit on for the first few episodes, that's about it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, the car in question is a Corvette... American muscle. Could this "new" series be based in America? Hell, maybe Netflix?

LUST LUST LUST LUST!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not exactly a copyright/trademark lawyer but I don't think there's anything stopping them from making the same format of show. The particular details should be "different enough" but they can certainly make a show where they have guests on, drive cars, get laptimes, have a stunt pro driver, etc. There's nothing protecting any particular format of show.
Depends a lot if they signed any sort of non compete clause that hasn't expired yet more so than copyright/trademark I would think.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Haha! Nice little update... I cannot wait to see what the new show is going to be. Hope it is on Netflix so they can be completely uncensored

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never get tired of those guys fucking with each other's property. had me laughing. is the name of the show going to really be called. "Clarkson, Hammond and May LIVE!"?

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Netflix Could Land Clarkson, Hammond May, Call New Show 'House Of Cars': Video

Last week, we speculated Jeremy Clarkson would land at Netflix-and now we have new info suggesting that's exactly what's going to happen.

The Mirror is reporting that he and co conspirators Richard Hammond and James May-along with former Top Gear producer Andy Wilman-are close to a deal with the streaming service to host their next endeavor. The name is said to be House of Cars, a play on the company's smash hit House of Cards.

Obviously, landing the trio would be a huge win for Netflix.

ALSO SEE: Has Jeremy Clarkson Gone Back To Work Already?

And while there's no indication of what would be different about the new show, since Netflix isn't bound by broadcast standard, viewers might get to hear their frequent profanity in all its glorious detail, as opposed to the bleeps which punctuated their exchanges on the BBC.

Another potential upshot for fans if the deal goes through? If Netflix follows the formula it has with its other series-and there's no reason to expect it won't-the entire season will be available at once. Who wouldn't want to spend an entire weekend binge watching the three musketeers play with the planet's most desirable vehicles?

For now, Clarkson, Hammond, and May are busying themselves preparing to host their upcoming series of live dates, creatively titled Clarkson, Hammond and May Live!

With the BBC set to begin a new era of Top Gear with a fresh cast, and the knowledge that the old crew isn't quite done yet, it's a good time to be a fan of automotive enthusiast programming. Stay tuned for more info.