The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Surprised they still cut shit out and edit for the US broadcast. They said they were going to cut down on that stuff, which they did, but but they could have edited it better to cut other stuff and not parts of the interviews/news/challenges. watched the UK cut and the US cut synced and estimate about 7 minutes cut

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
BBCA is ass. i only watch that shit for old kitchen nightmares episodes from Fox because they can curse a little bit and only bleep out the fucks.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Surprised they still cut shit out and edit for the US broadcast. They said they were going to cut down on that stuff, which they did, but but they could have edited it better to cut other stuff and not parts of the interviews/news/challenges. watched the UK cut and the US cut synced and estimate about 7 minutes cut
The UK version is not designed around commercial breaks since it is on BBC (no adverts), so they probably need to edit it to make room for commercials.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should just cut out the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car to make room for commercials. I don't give a fuck what some Brit celebrity thinks about anything.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
The UK version is not designed around commercial breaks since it is on BBC (no adverts), so they probably need to edit it to make room for commercials.
I am fully aware of that. They were cutting 30+ minutes an episode a few years ago to accommodate commercials and be under 59 minutes. Then they went to the 1hr 20min episodes saying that they would cut next to nothing or just filler to accommodate the commercials. I have no quarrel with them editing or cutting stuff (they still keep all the pertinent, couldn't say that before), but if they are doing the 1hr 20min episode, tack on the last ten minutes to make it hour and a half or cut filler to make it and hour and a quarter.

i still enjoy the show but it is a little pet peeve

geffe71_sl

shitlord
They should just cut out the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car to make room for commercials. I don't give a fuck what some Brit celebrity thinks about anything.
I enjoy some of those segments, it depends on the star. If its a boring person, I usually fast forward.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't want a single second of this show cut, glad I download the full UK torrents of it.

Also if I skipped the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment I'd have missed out on the glorious Scottish Fap-Mats of this last episode.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Any attractive Scottish chick with a nice voice is a winner. The Dewars commercials give me pants tent every time. Karen Gillan is a perfect example of hot Scot

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their conversation about hand brake turns was amazing. Just all the stories of their youth and using it to drop panties. "I'd already warmed her up with some rally driving."

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This was an awesome episode. I'll just say it... Top Gear UK = one of the best shows ever.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was an awesome episode. I'll just say it... Top Gear UK = one of the best shows ever.
So brave!

But yeah, great episode start to finish. Classic Top Gear. People get so hung up on the specials and big trip episodes they ignore how great it can be when it's just the guys talking cars and reviewing them. With the help of Matt LeBlanc, Eric Clapton, and Bruce Willis....

Also, I'll be using "terrible rubbish" in conversation now. Also also, every time they refer to it as "horsepowerS" or "torqueS" an angel gets it's wings.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this was indeed a classic episode. it even exceded an hour. that mexicant car is a piece of shit as it is. maybe in a few years it wont suck. i do like that new Kia Ce'ed. do we get a US version?