The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Just caught back up.

Yeah, Hammond is an idiot for not slowing down at all after crossing the finish line.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was a fantastic episode. felt just like old time Top Gear. girl Stig is fine. every time they go to NYC i always think of this scene.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've never seen the city empty like that before. That would be awesome. It always sucks driving in NYC. Some times it just sucks a lot more than other times.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I've never seen the city empty like that before. That would be awesome. It always sucks driving in NYC. Some times it just sucks a lot more than other times.
you get over towards the village around 4am on a weekday and you will see some deserted streets. they probably filmed that scene on an easter or christmas morning where most people are chilling at home.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I loved this episode, although I am sensing one theme starting to arise.... Clarkson does something really fun and car oriented, Hammond and May go on wacky hijinx side story. I can see how they were forced into this with Hammond medical situation, but I keep waiting for him to pull May close and say "We win by fighting for who we love!" and kiss him.

I'm down with female Stig, and I know if they had done the keeping her anonymous thing it would have been pretty blantant copyright issues, so I can forgive that.

Love the "Fastest man on earth who..." segments.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I loved this episode, although I am sensing one theme starting to arise.... Clarkson does something really fun and car oriented, Hammond and May go on wacky hijinx side story. I can see how they were forced into this with Hammond medical situation, but I keep waiting for him to pull May close and say "We win by fighting for who we love!" and kiss him.

I'm down with female Stig, and I know if they had done the keeping her anonymous thing it would have been pretty blantant copyright issues, so I can forgive that.

Love the "Fastest man on earth who..." segments.
i have no idea who those people are other than Hoff. i just skip to their laps and go on with the rest. i thought the corporate race thing was interesting. its actually a pretty original concept, but i can see it going horribly horribly wrong. i think that will be a one time thing.
the dude who lost in the final race was super serious and he had no fear. i could see him making a bad turn piling into those co workers causing a massacre.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
They weren't actual randoms in those cars, it was pro drivers. There's a reason they avoided showing them from camera angles outside the cars. As far as the celebs, Brian Wilson and Hoff are the only two I've known so far.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Start/Finish girl was the best part, but at least I enjoyed some parts of this week's ep.

I was hopeful when amazon said "bigger and better," but every episode feels "cheaper and phoned in."

gt.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I think that was my least favorite episode, the whole fire engine thing was just pure cringe with out Hammond and Clarkson offsetting Mays "resonable" contraptions.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Just watched episode 9 with the Pond Bug. It was a rehashed idea with the amphibious car stuff, but I gotta say that thing was pretty cool. A combination of small/mini car and jetski is pretty fucking cool.

gak

<Gold Donor>
A lot of people push the porsche macan on forums so I was expecting to be blown away this episode. I didn't expect the overload errors and forcing itself into limp-home mode.

So the lawyer-speak for the Tesla when they were back in the studio- Was Clarkson saying the X doesn't check back far enough when it changes lanes, so if someone is overtaking you quickly it will cut them off ? And even worse, was he saying the auto-drive forcibly turns itself off when it senses that occurrence ? If so, that would be funny if they programmed that in- "Can't blame us when the truck rammed you from behind, our logs say the auto-drive was OFF 1 millisecond before impact..."

car.jpg

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just got caught up on this last season. The finale had me laughing harder at their shenanigans than I had in years. Clarkson's "brake test" on James had me fucking dying.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
poor Hamster. dude has shit luck.
TV star gassed and robbed in villa
TV star Richard Hammond and his wife were gassed before they were robbed in their holiday villa in the South of France.

The host of Amazon Prime’s popular show The Grand Tour and his wife Mindy were floored by anaesthetic gas before a team of robbers stole from them and their 15 guests who were all staying together in a San Tropez villa.
Mindy, 53, revealed she woke up as a team of burglars pilfered cash and jewellery.
The Express columnist described it as a “horror story” and revealed: “I went downstairs and into the hallway. The door into the living room was shut but I heard a male voice behind the door.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sophisticated burglary. Those are not your average meth heads.