The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'd like to see them do a turbo car challenge. Like, buy an older cheap(ish) turbocharged car, like a 944 turbo, Evolution 5, Mustang SVO, Corvair Turbo, Saab 900, Supra Mark 3, RX-7, etc, then build the crap out of the car and the turbo systems and see what kind of hijinks they could get up to.

Then you could do something similar with newer cars, since damned near everything is turbo'd these days, but you can do more things to them reliably since they're computer controlled. Think of the Powwaaaaaa..... :D

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Episode 5 may have been the worst of the bunch. How is it possible that Alfa was worth £60k? Seemed like a total waste of an episode.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Episode 5 may have been the worst of the bunch. How is it possible that Alfa was worth £60k? Seemed like a total waste of an episode.

There was no "The American" in it, how could it possibly be the worse one. :D
I thought the episode was entertaining anyways, celebrity brain crash needs to go or tweaked though, first couple times it was funny but now it's a broken record.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
This week's episode was really good IMO. Probably my favorite of the series so far.

The Mustang and Focus RS bit was decent, but the end video was awesome. May getting to drive an actual GT40 MK2 and a Ferrari P2, you could tell that Clarkson was actually jealous.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So I didn't know where else to post it. If you want the best of automotive shows these days and TGT isn't what you had hoped. The internet will provide. Roadkill and Might Car Mods did a crossover Christmas special. It's pretty damn good.I still love the Top Gear guys, but there lack of actually working on the cars gets old. The tinkering nutjobs of youtube are way more entertaining.

MCM video is first, watch their build. RK video is their build followed by the challenges.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Roadkill seems to have run out of ideas and the distance now after Finnegan moved makes it hard to do what they used to do.

But I still liked the crossover, and that Subarute is gr8.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I feel like all that cash is making them not have to think so hard about what is entertaining, the battleship thing was cool but I can't help but think what they have done in the past that was cheaper and more entertaining.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I caught up on the namibia special and most recent episode.. the special was good, felt more like their old journeys and style, but not a 'all time best' one. Still, probably the best thing they did of the year.
In the last episode, when they were doing the electricity generation stuff, it reminded me that they haven't ever mentioned or talked about Tesla as a company as far as I know. I think May reviewed Tesla's original roadster back when it first came out, but the Model S and Model X are remarkable improvements for the company.
I used to agree with Clarkson about electric cars and hybrids, or at least the Prius, but now his justifications for why everything needs to remain 'petrol' seem like he's just making excuses. As a car AND tech enthusiast, I think what Tesla is doing is great for the future of cars and I'd love to see them review the newer cars they are making.
I'd imagine the high end battery (p100d) version of the model S would do decent around their track, and they all crush 0-60 times due to the nature of electric engines having all their torque available immediately.
The model 3 coming out this year is going to be very affordable (start around 25k I believe) and will really start to push the viability and popularity of electric cars, imo.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good episode, didn't think the american could get more annoying and then he proves me wrong. Seriously fuck that guy, they even edited his comments down and he was still a shit show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Good episode, didn't think the american could get more annoying and then he proves me wrong. Seriously fuck that guy, they even edited his comments down and he was still a shit show.

The American is annoying as fuck, but I think that's their whole point of him is to annoy Americans with the stereotypes he's using. And it's working as we keep talking about him in this very thread.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Most imporant edit for the top: He's OK, broken knee.

'The Grand Tour' host Richard Hammond injured in car crash

Richard Hammond 'airlifted to hospital after fiery crash in mountain race'

Richard-Hammond.jpg

He flipped a $2m supercar.

414F9A9600000578-4591508-image-m-156_1497112380006.jpg

414F9A8F00000578-4591508-image-a-154_1497112361909.jpg

2017-06-10.png

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He's always getting fucked up. He's the same guy that nearly died on another Top Gear stunt.

Here's footage of the first big accident.

He definitely has a knack for fucking himself up. Just shows you that it doesn't take much. Especially with this latest one. That accident looked petty, but the rolling down a hill is what wrecked him.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still haven't watched the 2nd half of the first season. The first few episodes were so underwhelming, that I just couldn't sit through more.

In the same breath, I loved the latest season of Top Gear with Joey, the black guy and muslim looking guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude is super competitive and as a result he gets careless.

Pretty harsh comment. The jet car had a front tire failure (caught on film from onboard camera), which basically shredded itself at speed sending the car out of control. Nothing Hammond did wrong. The article linked above says this recent crash is under investigation and the cause is unknown. Calm your tits judgey mcjudgerson.