the greatest streak in sports history has come to an end

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Brock Lesnar is without a doubt the best fighter in WWE. He actually trained as a MMA fighter for 2 years and competed successfully in UFC. And as far as wrestling goes, he had over 100 wins and 5 losses as an NCAA wrestler and won the NCAA heavyweight championship in 2000. All these other guys on the roster went to "Wrestling schools", light on the practical wrestling, heavy on theatrics and showboating.

Put any of those clowns in a ring with him (HHH, CM Punk, Cena (LOL), Orton) and they'd be lucky to last 3 minutes, 2 of which they would spend running around the ring just to avoid grappling with Lesnar.

Having said that, it was stupid to break that streak to a part timer like Lesnar who might be there for another year or two, instead of a workhorse who has been there for several years and helped build the company - someone that Undertaker could help put over so that WWE can start developing a new generation of superstars because their current one sucks and they are still coasting on the coattails of old farts from the 1990s and the Attitude Era.
i agree, i'd like to think that they've come to some sort of new deal with Lesnar that will have him featured as a more regular part of the show going forward. who knows tho.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck the undertaker

Macho man stopped the rapture

I miss the Danger zone
frown.png

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
USA's undefeated 2 world war winning streak is still the greatest streak in sports.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
In this thread I learned that people actually bet on wrestling. Holy fucking shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In this thread I learned that people actually bet on wrestling. Holy fucking shit.
Yeah, that is a little mind blowing. You're quite literally betting on the outcome of a fixed fight. Anybody who bet on Lesnar made the most ridiculous bank though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rocky marciano world heavyweight boxing champ. no losses in his career. cal ripken all time consecutive games played, orel hershiser 59 consecutive scoreless innings pitched. these are sports. only thing gayer than grown men in pantyhose having a tickle fight is a ton of grown discussing the tickle fight on message boards.

jesse ventura after reading this thread

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
De La Salle HS football team probably holds the record for greatest winning streak. 151 games, 12 perfect seasons.

Grown ass men pretending to beat each other up is just sad. It was totally awesome when you were 12 though I guess.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
rocky marciano world heavyweight boxing champ. no losses in his career. cal ripken all time consecutive games played, orel hershiser 59 consecutive scoreless innings pitched. these are sports. only thing gayer than grown men in pantyhose having a tickle fight is a ton of grown discussing the tickle fight on message boards.

jesse ventura after reading this thread
Maybe so but at least we stopped sneaking into movie theaters when we were 15.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
De La Salle HS football team probably holds the record for greatest winning streak. 151 games, 12 perfect seasons.

Grown ass men pretending to beat each other up is just sad. It was totally awesome when you were 12 though I guess.
Did you go there or live near by? I ask because I grew up in Lafayette and went to Acalanes. They always beat our asses.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
only thing gayer than grown men in pantyhose having a tickle fight is a ton of grown discussing the tickle fight on message boards.
i'd say a grown man who throws hissy fits over people poking fun at his name on an internet message board is far gayer.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Did you go there or live near by? I ask because I grew up in Lafayette and went to Acalanes. They always beat our asses.
Nope, I don't live in California. I got teenagers in the house who played football though and anyone who has followed HS football at a championship level has heard of De La Salle. They can pack out stadiums better then some university teams lol.

Sterling

El Presidente
Personally as sports streaks go I like Cal Tech's 207 game losing streak in college hoops that started in the mid 90s and lasted for 10+ years.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm glad you went back with Astrocreep.
its valid now that im back in game. up until this january i had retired that surname for over a decade. however, i have been and always will be chuk or chuck or chukzombi in every game since 1995. hell, when i played nintendo back in the 80s, my legend of zelda handle was chuk, even in the arcade days of the early 80s it was chk when i posted a high score. astrocreep was a 5 years surname. chuk or similar is about 30 years old.

oh and Burnesto, you do not need Wikipedia to know those streaks and you certainly do not need wikipedia to tell you pro wrestling is bullshit.