The Greatest TV Series of All Time

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I've seen one episode. I just don't understand what about it is funny. There's a lot of really funny sitcoms if you're into that. I don't get it.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The same kind of vapid cunts who kept Two and a Half Men on the air forever are the ones who like BBT. There is this whole segment of people who flock to what is perceived to be the flagship sitcom of its day. Now, both of those shows had their moments of course, but really not even in the consideration for best sitcom of all time. They didn't even break new ground, let along be consistent. Seinfeld gets high marks for its unique feel, but anyone who has seen so much as one season of Curb Your Enthusiasm is basically aware of how much of that show was Larry David's genius. I can't even go back and rewatch Seinfeld anymore because of how much better Curb is. But Seinfeld (and Arrested Development) are great comedies that were awesome in their day and as far above the "flagship" sitcoms as Curb sits above them, at least. Those are really the three tiers of shows, in my opinion, and like others have said if I heard someone indicate that BBT or 2 1/2 Men were even in the same league as Seinfeld/AD, let alone Curb, I would wonder if they were mentally retarded.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think Curb is highly, highly overrated on the internet. I couldn't even get through all the seasons. Think I stopped around s4. The new season is alright but not exactly TV gold.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like Curb but I tend to agree. Think Seinfeld is better.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Curb can get a little over the top with the awkwardness. I think Jerry reigned Larry in a bit perhaps on Seinfeld. It's no holds barred on Curb though. I like Curb better but honestly they are the same show written in different times and on different channels. I wonder what Seinfeld would have been had it been aired on HBO or aired 10 years later.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My biggest gripe is the repetitive nature. I think this stems from the fact that Curb lacks a quality supporting cast. You can't really follow a B storyline if there is no one to give a shit about. Every episode basically boils down to Larry being narcissistic, egotistical and socially awkward. With Seinfeld you had 4 very memorable and interesting characters. With Curb you have one and then a few people around that function only to advance the Larry David plot line.

I will say I loved the curb 2 weeks ago with Bryan Cranston. His character was hilarious. Same with Richard Lewis who is the best supporting member on the show. It actually had a supporting cast around helping the episode out even if ultimatly the episode boiled down to Larry being Larry.