The Green Knight (2020)

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
A black German born and raised in Germany with German traditions and with German culture is ethnically German.

Ethnicity has a lot more to do with culture and place of origin than anything else.

Thats not what a lot of germans would say

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
DBWdrzb.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not Excalibur. It's ecksu-CALIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
yours is to roll over and say ooti until it becomes too farcical to keep saying that
unimpressed jerk off motion GIF

To put things back into perspective, we're talking about a film from A24, who has put out some of the best movies from the past several years, directed by a guy who has nothing but good to great movies under his belt, who is a writer/director making original movies in a time when the studios pump out nothing but marvel shit and garbage, with a trailer that looks nothing short of amazing, who cast a great actor in a role from british folklore.

I hope they make a hundred more of these movies and cast the blackest, trans-est people they can find.

• 1Garbage

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I hope they make a hundred more of these movies and cast the blackest, trans-est people they can find.

They aren't going to fuck you Chaos (or maybe they will...)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think Jessica Chastain has been in literally every fucking movie for the past 10 years; your argument is invalid.
I was speaking more to characters that are specifically red head in their source material. I think the drugged out townie ginger from GoT playing phoenix was the last time they cast an actual red head in a role where that was the case.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was speaking more to characters that are specifically red head in their source material. I think the drugged out townie ginger from GoT playing phoenix was the last time they cast an actual red head in a role where that was the case.
Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I honestly didn't either..... until the Witcher cast the ugliest hook nosed uggo as Triss, after putting the slurpy slinger in the role of Yennifer. I was already full on rustled by the time we got a member of a race notorious for not being able to swim being cast as Ariel in the LA little mermaid.

• 1Worf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Because he isn't Italian at all, and more likely due to immigrations patterns has more African DNA in him than Italians(except Sicilians of course). Also he is not white according to your standards.
You seem to keep deliberately missing the point. None of this has anything to do with race.

The actor has literally one job. Stand there and look like the character. Sure, he has to say some words (that someone else wrote) in a certain tone of voice (that someone else told him to use). But ultimately, at the end of the day, his only real job is: look like the character.

Nobody gives a fuck about the ethnic background of the actor, the only thing that matters is the appearance. Emilia Clarke is plenty white, but she was a goddam ludicrous pick for Daenerys Targaryan. I was rustled by those ridiculous hairy black eyebrows every time she was on screen. Nothing about race. Pick a fucking blond actress, its not like theres a shortage.

Its bad casting to pick actors that don't look like characters, and I think you people are trolling me by making me actually explain this. Dumbasses

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I honestly didn't either..... until the Witcher cast the ugliest hook nosed uggo as Triss, after putting the slurpy slinger in the role of Yennifer. I was already full on rustled by the time we got a member of a race notorious for not being able to swim being cast as Ariel in the LA little mermaid.
Yeah I was gonna say, the only thing I've ever seen grossly miscast was The Witcher. Who cares about The Little Mermaid? Seriously? That's some totally made up Disney shit. Mermaids aren't real and wouldn't be pale redheads if they were.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
look like the character.
This is a very recent invention that grew out of pop-culture adaptations of other pop-culture stuff. "Looking like the character" was never a requirement of actors. This became a thing only recently when people started making out their lists of fantasy casts for comic book movies and studios started to take the comic book movies seriously.

Even then, a whole bunch of those characters look nothing like their comic book originals. Does RDJ look anything like the original Tony Stark? Not even slightly.

You pick the actor that can play the character the best. Looks is probably 20% of that. Christian Bale looked NOTHING like any iteration of Bruce Wayne, but was still either the first or second best Batman.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
A black German born and raised in Germany with German traditions and with German culture is ethnically German.

Ethnicity has a lot more to do with culture and place of origin than anything else.

Dev patel for all accounts is ethnically british, he is a second generation immigrant whose parents immigrated when they were teens to london, that is a long time.
As a side note he was very good at taekwondo.

There is a consensus about ethnicity, you just don't agree with it. It is more about culture than race, as an example look at the Jewish ethnic variations. They are all Jewish, they all cut their pipi, but they span lots of races.

I was recently in a class on German culture taught by a German professor doing a side gig for an American school. That is completely opposite to how he explained his view on ethnicity.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
And yet, that German would say that black man can’t be German. Just like 3rd generation Turks in Germany are still Turks.
I'm sure that German may say that, and a different German would say something else. And yet, the word has an existing definition independent of both of the opinions expressed.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure that German may say that, and a different German would say something else. And yet, the word has an existing definition independent of both of the opinions expressed.
OR maybe there is a reason why Germans still use the term Ausländer for exactly the type of people Len was bringing up. I’m not saying their view is right, I’m suggesting most Germans aren’t likely to view it that way.