The Handmaid's Tale

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
love this show but cringed so hard when she found the beautiful hidden qur'an. just face palm. maybe this show is reverse 4d chess red pill? I have to believe this or the cog dis of the producers is like xeq level insanity

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
love this show but cringed so hard when she found the beautiful hidden qur'an. just face palm. maybe this show is reverse 4d chess red pill? I have to believe this or the cog dis of the producers is like xeq level insanity

I haven't watched the latest episode, but given my last post, this has got to be a meta troll by the director. It can't possibly be anything else. I refuse to believe that everyone involved in the production of this show is that oblivious to the overwhelming irony of placing a qur'an in the middle of this particular show.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't watched the latest episode, but given my last post, this has got to be a meta troll by the director. It can't possibly be anything else. I refuse to believe that everyone involved in the production of this show is that oblivious to the overwhelming irony of placing a qur'an in the middle of this particular show.

ya it was insanely meta and hilarious, even my wife who doesn't really pay attention to that kind of shit was like "uhhh, that's ironic"

on the other hand, people like Xequecal Xequecal think this show is not only possible, but probable, so /shrug

who knows

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm trying to figure out how the Aunts and the dudes on the horses are any better off then the prisoners of the Colonies. I figure they are trying to clean up damage from tactical nukes so those gas masks they use wont do shit

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather. We've been sent good weather.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
For all their security how they didn't notice a handmaid sex slave with a suicide bomb is kind of lulzy.

LiquidDeath

I like how they continue to show all of the elements that make Islam incompatible with modernity, but never through the lens of Islam.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
For all their security how they didn't notice a handmaid sex slave with a suicide bomb is kind of lulzy.

Except you have NEVER seen the guards actually check the handmaiden's after their initial "training" with Aunt Lydia.

LiquidDeath

I'm glad a former jihadist said it so I don't have to anymore.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That finale was fuuuucked up. It takes a lot to get a rise out of me but that pool scene... god damn.

I love this show for being unafraid to do anything.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It's not the season finale. There's another episode next week. 13 episodes this season.

And yes, that pool scene. W. T. F.

edit: They renewed for a 3rd season, btw.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pool scene was messed up but I'll give the girl credit, she didn't beg for mercy or anything. That's at least the 2nd person this season where June was the ultimate reason they died (1st one was the dude that took her to his house). I'm still waiting on when Mrs. Waterford is going to finally betray on her husband.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The fuck? So what was that look? June planning on becoming the terminator behind enemy lines? Seems like it'd be a lot more feasible to mount a rescue mission for your daughter by getting the fuck out of there and establishing a better support system.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fuck? So what was that look? June planning on becoming the terminator behind enemy lines? Seems like it'd be a lot more feasible to mount a rescue mission for your daughter by getting the fuck out of there and establishing a better support system.

If it was the series finale (instead of just the season), it would of made sense for her to get in the truck at the end. IMO the show works better if she's a handmaid vs. 'the resistance'. If she escapes then you don't get her interaction with the Waterfords/Nick anymore. Probably the reason why the only showed her on the run for a couple of episodes this season before she gets caught.

I anticipate the full face turn for Serena next season.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

June staying is crazy but I guess she is staying to find her daughter or something so whatever. Not sure how you don't get executed for something like this though. June will become the focal point of La Revolucion.

Commander Waterford is pretty spineless. Serena going to fuck his shit up next season.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The bigger question is how many handmaids does Aunt Lydia torture for getting stabbed in the back?

Cybsled

They could also potentially explore other factions/nations outside the US in the next season, maybe using the resistence in some type of proxy war to cement their own interests.