The Haunting of Hill House

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Episode six being only 5 shots was bonkers. Some seriously amazing behind the scenes work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The best episode was episode 5 though. That was some Hodor level of timefuckery right there. It was a ”make horror genre great again” moment for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The best episode was episode 5 though. That was some Hodor level of timefuckery right there. It was a ”make horror genre great again” moment for me.

Yeah the ending of that episode was mind-blowing. Felt like my brain blew wide open.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah the ending of that episode was mind-blowing. Felt like my brain blew wide open.

It's really, really cool but it doesn't feel connected to the second half of the series. I really liked the creepy ending of her funeral where we see her standing there as well but it too just doesn't feel all that connected in tone with what we get in the conclusion.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Show was really well done. Was fine with the end since it wasn't like most horror movie/show endings.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I really enjoyed this up until the final episode. There was too much weird clairvoyance which made me believe none of it was paranormal and was merely nightmare delusions of Liv or one of the other family members. I guess it would've been cliché that it was all a dream but, in my opinion, it would've made for a better ending.

Also, people dying in the house and being stuck there for eternity has ALREADY BEEN DONE in American Horror Story: Murder House.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed this up until the final episode. There was too much weird clairvoyance which made me believe none of it was paranormal and was merely nightmare delusions of Liv or one of the other family members. I guess it would've been cliché that it was all a dream but, in my opinion, it would've made for a better ending.

Also, people dying in the house and being stuck there for eternity has ALREADY BEEN DONE in American Horror Story: Murder House.

Yes but Hill House came out about 50 years before that. So not sure your point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I may be wrong, but I don't think the Netflix version follows the same plot as the book. At least not in this regard.
The original story had people die in the house and become ghosts there. I mean it's pretty much a requirement for haunted house shows/movies. They just don't always show it which I assume is what you are referencing.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I loved this show, and I loved Hush, so I thought I'd watch Gerald's Game the other day. It's good, but god damn, that's a sharp turn to take mid movie. Flanagan's the man but I doubt I'll be watching that one again.

Fedor

<Banned>
I loved this show, and I loved Hush, so I thought I'd watch Gerald's Game the other day. It's good, but god damn, that's a sharp turn to take mid movie. Flanagan's the man but I doubt I'll be watching that one again.

it's basically guaranteed that his hot wife is also returning for season 2

large.jpg

actress-kate-siegel-and-director-mike-flanagan-arrive-for-universal-picture-id607015334

• 2WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users