The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was actually pretty good and from what I remember a pretty decent adaptation of the book. Will be interesting to see how the handle the 3rd and 4th movie(For the 3rd book). I'd say my only complaints were the love triangle and it not being rated R.

Was funny during the acid fog scene all I could think of when I saw their faces was the Fat floating guy from Dune

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Gf and I mildly enjoyed the first movie, but it was nothing special. We were both very impressed with the 2nd one. It was executed extremely well, and was much better than it needed to be. While this sort of movie is never a serious contender for best picture/best director, it definitely felt like it deserved serious consideration for both.

Cybsled

I've read the books, so I knew what to expect. That being said, it was a pretty close adaptation of the source material (for the most part, they trimmed the stuff that could have been trimmed with no major impact on the story) and as a film I thought it was far superior to the first one. They definitely ended it in a good spot...kinda like an Empire Strikes Back, except less hopeful ;P

I lol'd when I saw the actor that plays Dr. Narcise on Boardwalk Empire was the tech dude from District 3.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Went and saw this last night. I loved the books, having read them after I saw the first movie. This one was awesome and I really enjoyed it. The eulogy for Rue and Thresh made me all emo, Cinna, the Jabberjays.. I think they did a great job of bringing that arena and its concept to life.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Saw it last night and loved it. I hadn't read the books so I wasn't expecting the twist. Jena Malone looked extra delicious in the movie.

rrr_img_53435.jpg

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Finally saw this. It is definitely better than the first one. I went in not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having watched this movie a few times now, I think it is very close to the movie of the year for me. In fact I honestly cannot think of any movie that was better. I enjoyed the Hobbit and the 2nd Thor movie but not as much as this story. The 1st movie was not as good, but it takes having watched the 1st movie to better enjoy the 2nd one. The acting, the sets, the costumes and the story line were all very well done. It will not happen, but I would not mind at all if this movie were given a nod towards a best picture nomination.

If you have not seen this movie, watch the 1st one before you do. Yes the 1st one is not as good and kind of cheesy, but it has great moments. Then watch the 2nd movie. It is akin to watching the 1st and 2nd Episodes of Sparticus and then watching the rest of the season. The 2nd movie is that much better. 1st movie=6/10, 2nd=9.5/10

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Bored enough today to give this a shot. Started decent enough but then came the foggy fog and then the monkeys and then some guy pulls a shitload of wire out of his ass and then the movie ends.

Not sure how anyone can give this movie more than a 5/10. First one being at ~3/5.

If you want to watch a commentary of today / tomorrow's society, go watchBlack Mirror (TV Series 2011??" ) - IMDb.

edit :

oa1VvvR.png

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Wow, this was a really great movie, definitely the best of the "young female empowerment" type movies we've been saddled with of late. Despite deep throat, of course.

Irony: Over dosing on heroin while playing a character in a film who is fighting against a system which would encourage it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
"nothing will stop peta on his never ending quest to escape from the friendzone."

(stuff he did)

"holy shit it worked."

LOL