The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Edit: Movie is basically the karate kid. Hating this movie is hating America. Having strong feelings about this movie either way is freaking bizzare if you're not a 16-19 year old girl.
I hope your likeing the REAL Karate Kid!

Relevant and hilarious amateurish rip

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
the real spoiler should have been is a penis reveal at the end setting up for the thrilling conclusion in Tranny Games: No vajayjay

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
it really wasn't bad. i did feel like they forced the awkward kissing scenes quite a bit to show their target audience tweens a romance.

also Jena Malone, dat ass.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
this movie was good. it did drag out a bit, but the battle was more creative than first it think. a lot of twists at the end was predictable. I think they are making these movies with fans in mind. I never read the book, but goddamn second one was much better than the first movie.

this movie deserves 9/10 for the elevator scene alone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I gave it a 3/10. First 1-1.5 hours was boring as FUCK. The elevator scene was funny but I've seen more attractive women fully naked on the internet than some methed out looking chick in this movie.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If this movie is a 3/10, the hell did you give the first one?
The first movie is a 3/10 for me, i'd say this one was 6.5~7/10 or so.

Then again I just want Jennifer Lawrence to poop on my chest.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Are these movies actually worth watching or should I just go download Battle Royale?

Sterling

El Presidente
Are these movies actually worth watching or should I just go download Battle Royale?
Haven't seen the second one yet, but Battle Royale was certainly much better than the first one. While I wouldn't say that the first one was quite as bad some people in this thread are making it out to be it wasn't exactly great either. Mediocre sums it up pretty well.

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean I went and got some food and literally forgot to finish watching it. And then by later in the day when I remembered that I had a movie paused, I just turned it off.

So that's my review for hunger games. It made me hungry.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shame since the movie improves as it goes along. I actually liked the movie for the most part. It had its moments of teenage angst but the story is solid enough. It was certainly better than the first movie. I am curious to see how the revolution resolves. Based on this year's movie releases, I would put it in my top 10.

iannis

Musty Nester
Shame since the movie improves as it goes along. I actually liked the movie for the most part. It had its moments of teenage angst but the story is solid enough. It was certainly better than the first movie. I am curious to see how the revolution resolves. Based on this year's movie releases, I would put it in my top 10.
Oh yeah, it's surprisingly not horrible. It's just if we're being honest, I've seen this movie a bunch of times. The costumes are visually interesting, the teenagers actually look more like teenagers than 30 year olds and none of them are so atrocious that it jerks me out of the fantasy, the dystopian vision is always fun to see on the screen, and the kids hunting each other in the woods is a neat sort of survivor/running man feel to it. It's well done for what it is. There's plenty good to say about it.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
The first one was fair to average. Nothing special really from what I remember. It didn't feel quite right. I thought Catching Fire was actually really good. This movie had a bit more going for it as they were able to get more into the revolution and what is happening outside of the arena. I haven't read the books so that is what is the most intriguing to me.

I think Catching Fire also made a good decision with the ending. I think it is liable to upset typical movie goer types as, to me, it felt abrupt. The movie itself did start to feel long, but that was only because I couldn't figure out how they could close this one up nicely.

The first one was really about some girl that had to fight some other kids and that didn't seem like enough to carry the movie.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You have to factor in with movies like this that there are a certain contingent especially in the message board geek community that is going to shit on anything that has mass appeal and had their minds made up before they ever went into the theater on these flicks.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The first one was fair to average. Nothing special really from what I remember. It didn't feel quite right. I thought Catching Fire was actually really good. This movie had a bit more going for it as they were able to get more into the revolution and what is happening outside of the arena. I haven't read the books so that is what is the most intriguing to me.

I think Catching Fire also made a good decision with the ending. I think it is liable to upset typical movie goer types as, to me, it felt abrupt. The movie itself did start to feel long, but that was only because I couldn't figure out how they could close this one up nicely.

The first one was really about some girl that had to fight some other kids and that didn't seem like enough to carry the movie.
I had to re-watch the first one since I forgot most of it. Second one had so much going for it. The plot and the character conflict flows were smoother and easier to digest. And for once, main character is both detestable/likable. Unlike the first movie, this movie didn't have to waste time on the background. First movie built the premise for the second and it just explodes from the very start in the second movie.

Very good.