The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (2023)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
As Chuk pointed out in the Shazam 2 thread, she's Columbian. Sure, I say that's not white either while plenty of people seem to argue they are, but if you say she's the equivalent of a tranny in attractiveness, I guess we're just gonna have to disagree.
View attachment 471448

Right. Race doesn't matter much in biological attractiveness, and if it did the world wouldn't be full of mixed race people going back hundreds of years. For a long time peoples were generally racially homogenous, but it wasn't because of antipathy towards other races, it was because of lack of travel ability between lands. Once we became an international travel species circa the 1500's or so, race-mixing was happening all over the place on its own. This woman here probably has a bunch of white Conquistador ancestry.

If we're talking biology and people not being naturally attracted to something unless propagandized, there'd be a point there if the person in question were transgender. It's nearly impossible for me to be attracted to an MTF trans person. I've seen a few who were visually very nice looking, for sure. Like the one who was in that music video with Tom Macdonald, Blake something? However when I get close to an MTF trans person I just don't get any of the vibes that I get when close to a woman. Women have certain scents that turn men on and MTF trans don't.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

i didn't realize, while making a ton of money the original series was in decline

1682954913408.png

dvd/bluray sales were are also huge, $226m, $123m, $80m, $55m. also notable one of the few big series that wasn't that big in china, last 2 were only ones released there and made $35m and $21m

Juvarisx

Florida
i didn't realize, while making a ton of money the original series was in decline

View attachment 471458
dvd/bluray sales were are also huge, $226m, $123m, $80m, $55m. also notable one of the few big series that wasn't that big in china, last 2 were only ones released there and made $35m and $21m

They really should have made the third one one movie. It really didn't need to be made into two, they just saw that Harry Potter made bank doing it so they decided to not realizing Deathly Hollows was a massive book that you could turn into two movies. Mockingjay part 1 was awful and it hurt the performance of part 2.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually enjoyed the movies. I will watch this but as usual I am not going to the theater for it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They really should have made the third one one movie. It really didn't need to be made into two, they just saw that Harry Potter made bank doing it so they decided to not realizing Deathly Hollows was a massive book that you could turn into two movies. Mockingjay part 1 was awful and it hurt the performance of part 2.

Yeah it's really annoying how that's become a trend, drawing out stories over two movies. Harry Potter did it successfully so everyone else wanted to do it. Mockingjay didn't need it, Hobbit sure as hell didn't need it (could have easily been two movies). IW/Endgame was at least justified. Didn't the last Twilight book get two movies too? IDK. Now we got Fast and Furious 10 getting split into two movies which is very LOL. I guess they just didn't want to end on a weird number like 11. They wanted the round number of 10 so they cheated.

Juvarisx

Florida
Yeah it's really annoying how that's become a trend, drawing out stories over two movies. Harry Potter did it successfully so everyone else wanted to do it. Mockingjay didn't need it, Hobbit sure as hell didn't need it (could have easily been two movies). IW/Endgame was at least justified. Didn't the last Twilight book get two movies too? IDK. Now we got Fast and Furious 10 getting split into two movies which is very LOL. I guess they just didn't want to end on a weird number like 11. They wanted the round number of 10 so they cheated.

Wait....Fast X is being made into two? That is so stupid lol. But yea agreed, it robbed us of a proper Hobbit film which almost killed Peter Jackson. Thankfully there doesn't seem to be a big book series being made into movies these days, so hopefully it stopped with Hunger Games. And yea they did it to Twilight with Breaking Dawn, and to fill in the gap they filmed this giant action sequence on a lake that was stupid AND it turned out to not have actually happened. The RLM video on it is totally worth a watch....they only watched this one and made no attempt to care to watch the others before hand lol.

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
As Chuk pointed out in the Shazam 2 thread, she's Columbian. Sure, I say that's not white either while plenty of people seem to argue they are, but if you say she's the equivalent of a tranny in attractiveness, I guess we're just gonna have to disagree.
View attachment 471448

I agree that she’s far prettier than that but she’s not that pretty either. Alderion is going full retard but she looks very average. She’d be an average date in just about any decent sized city.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
When you bing search her 9 out of 10 images she is a 4. Her best image maybe 7. She is the def of mid.
Nothing wrong with hitting a 7 or even a 4 but I don't think I'd watch this shit just to see her.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Great Review

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
the best looking diversity hire in superhero movies is rat catcher2
The-Suicide-Squad-Ratcatcher-2-Daniela-Melchior-audition-rat.jpg

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Garbage

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wait....Fast X is being made into two? That is so stupid lol. But yea agreed, it robbed us of a proper Hobbit film which almost killed Peter Jackson. Thankfully there doesn't seem to be a big book series being made into movies these days, so hopefully it stopped with Hunger Games. And yea they did it to Twilight with Breaking Dawn, and to fill in the gap they filmed this giant action sequence on a lake that was stupid AND it turned out to not have actually happened. The RLM video on it is totally worth a watch....they only watched this one and made no attempt to care to watch the others before hand lol.

The frozen lake battle was the best thing in the entire Twilight movie series IMO. Was it stupid to series fans? Yeah, but I was watching it as a fan of like, Buffy and True Blood, who wanted to see some vampire wars and I got that. It turning out to have been a daydream or whatever was the part that pissed me off. They just added it in to kill time and it meant nothing, yet I liked it more than the rest of the movie. Should have been the final battle.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm

god they're so young. Jay has aged 25 years in 10.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 471448
Young, not-nearly-as-hot Rosario Dawson is what I'm seeing here, at best. She could get hotter in the next few years though.

• 1Garbage

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Wait....Fast X is being made into two? That is so stupid lol.

There were talks just before release that it may even be 3 parts, but that was before the strikes and the fact that part 1 under performed. But also Black Adam flopped and killed the DCEU and The Rock wants back in, so it could be anything at this point.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Ending of this was weird, it's like all of a sudden with 15 minutes running time remaining they realised that snow had to turn into a villain.

Apart from that it was fine, it could easily have been stamped out of the same factory that produced the other 4 hunger games movies that are all basically the same.

Cybsled

Ending of this was weird, it's like all of a sudden with 15 minutes running time remaining they realised that snow had to turn into a villain.

Apart from that it was fine, it could easily have been stamped out of the same factory that produced the other 4 hunger games movies that are all basically the same.

The book was more or less the same - this sort of abrupt wrapup that aligns Snow back with what we know in the Hunger Games books/films