The Jew Haggle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
When is it acceotable to jew haggle when paying for a good or service?

Obviously car buying seens to be the most socially acceptable one, bit what other instances would doing so be appropriate?

I haggled the price when we redid the floors in our basement to hardwood (walk-out before anyone tells me that it was a bad idea).

Also feel free to tell stories of your best jewing.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just this past year we haggled with the guys that did our carpeting, our landscaping, and the guys doing our drywall.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
when we were buying furnace and air condition, I haggled it down from 8k to 5k.

several other options were 10k and no fucking way I will pay that out of my pocket.

• 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
To answer the question of "when":

Always

Concur.

Even if I think it's a good price and would 100% buy without a discount, "are there any discounts available on this product?" or "if you can knock 10% off this price I will sign right now."

I don't care if I get rockbottom pricing, I care that I get a good value.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
@Frenzied_Wombat

@Cad

apparently i dont know frenzied_jewbats actual username

I dunno, better to ask a WW II migrant or an Israeli. I'm a shitty haggler. Unless it's construction, a car, or a high end luxury item like artwork, I don't even bother.

Want to see a haggling death match from the masters? Watch an Israeli and a Thai haggle-- the former takes an aggressive approach and the latter entirely passive. It's like the Jedi match of haggling.

Last edited:

Mur

Trakanon Raider
So compared to plain old fashioned haggling, is Jew Haggling like the advanced version. Kinda the AD&D rule set of haggling? Or something I might spend 8 AA's on?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I work in a higher end store that sells nothing but toilet and bathroom fixtures. We get plenty of people that haggle. The price structure is set up that there's always wiggle room. It means that the owner of the store isn't getting the best value for each individual sale, but the "good will" pays for that. Suddenly you have word of mouth for toilet things. Individual sales are replaced by volume.

I would say "most" stores can do the same. The difference being fast food or restaurants. However, I don't really haggle. I ask if they do price matching with Amazon or whoever. I would rather give my sale to a brick and mortar store, but if they aren't willing, I'll save the $$ every time.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Going to get a new dishwasher soon since ours is on its last leg. Will attempt to Jew Down the price when we find one we like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I never thought to haggle over some of the shit you guys listed. I'll hammer people on a used car price, anything on Craigslist, a garage sale or a swap meet. But for real stuff, I hunt around for a bargains, discontinued items, old stock, open box or hit up people I know who can get me wholesale pricing.

I guess my Goy Blood is DIY / hunter-gatherer while Jew Blood has the Shitty Customer genes in it. When my customers come in and want to wiggle my price around, I work with them to give options to cut costs. But if they are just trying to jew down the price I give them the phone numbers of my competition and tell them "Try this guy, maybe he is more hungry than I am."

The worst are customers who agree to an upfront price but try to jew you down when it comes time to pay the bill after services are rendered. Fuck those people I never budge and never do business with them again. I wish I could light them on fire.

Go to Hong Kong, people get offended if you don't haggle. Expect 5 mins of passing a calculator back and forth at the end of even the most mundane transaction.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
When i sold computers, the amount of haggling was minimum, maybe 2 out of 100, this usually amounted to giving away a free usb cable sold for 20bucks, sold at cost for less than $1, 90% of the ppl were more than happy with this, as long as they "got" something.

The other 10% that weren't happy were usually the jews, and i never really dealt with them, since they were the hasidic kind and were smelly.

Usually the best way to haggle is to be Asian, everywhere i go, street sellers know that if you're a slant eye, expect to haggle.

Currently my wife takes this on, shes an engineer so shes already used to haggling, i just hang around seemingly disinterested, i know she's gonna whip out the big guns when she just stops and talks to me in Chinese.

This also works in Chinatown too, she'll just stop and talk to me in EQ.

"He wants a SotS for this Mark of Pinzarn, da fuq!!!"

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
It's also worth stating that you should know your plan of attack.

It's much harder to haggle on "add-ons" and services than it is the product it's also what most commission salespeople get paid the most on"

When buying a cellphone show interest in a nice case or charger then see about having the phone discounted the price of said item.

Same with the warranty on cars and other items. Commission guys make money on the extras so they will be more receptive on reducing the cost of the main item.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Interestingly enough any time the cable company tries to raise the rates on my Mom she calls them, bitches about the price hike and tells them come pull all their shit out of her house, "It's not worth what you are already charging me". And presto her bill stays the same and she gets a 6 month premium channel package gratis. She has been doing that for 10+ yrs. She is a tightwad coupon cutter every stores credit line 4% discount zero the balance every month super shopping machine. The grocery stores know her by name and hold marked down meat for her every Mon. Everything in her fridge has a red mark down label on it.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

It's much harder to haggle on "add-ons" and services than it is the product it's also what most commission salespeople get paid the most on"

When buying a cellphone show interest in a nice case or charger then see about having the phone discounted the price of said item.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

Same with the warranty on cars and other items. Commission guys make money on the extras so they will be more receptive on reducing the cost of the main item.

Whoa. Just got a strong feeling of deja-jew.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users