The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Shower thought - Eric should go set up a lemonade stand on a sidewalk with a sign that says "Ask a physicist". He needs to practice explaining complicated concepts to people that aren't in his profession, without sounding like a smug cunt.

Tons of people find a way to explain their profession to a layperson. That doesn't mean that they are particularly brilliant or the audience is particularly dumb....it just means they don't have 30 years with their head in that space. Eric needs to learn that lesson and realize it's not about "dumbing down" his life's work, it's about summarizing in a way that can be understood by someone that hasn't gone through 4 years of prerequisite learning.

edit: I sent this general thought to Eric on LinkedIn.....lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is really shocking to me just how un-funny Joe is. He has zero inherent sense of humor or the ability to play off someone.

On one of the more recent episodes with Chris Destefano, they are talking about Mark Normand, Shane Gillis, and Ari Shafir & the "Protect Our Parks" meetup podcast that they do with Joe. Chris says something like, "So which one of those guys do I have to kill to join the Protect Our Parks pod?" It's not a funny question or premise on it's own, but it could lead to a hilarious discussion about which of those guys would be the easiest one to take out. Instead, Joe is like, "What?? You can't kill anyone bro and if you did, it wouldn't be the same. It would be a different thing with you on it."

If he had any comedic sense or timing, he would have immediately gone with it. Instead, he kills a potentially funny premise and back & forth about a ridiculous topic. So, he answers the question seriously and essentially shits on Destefano by saying, "your not one of us bro."

I swear, there are 10 examples like this every episode.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I've seen his standup live, even him TRYING to be funny is not funny. I've seen Mark live, he fucking kills and yet Joe sells 10x the tickets.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It is really shocking to me just how un-funny Joe is. He has zero inherent sense of humor or the ability to play off someone.

On one of the more recent episodes with Chris Destefano, they are talking about Mark Normand, Shane Gillis, and Ari Shafir & the "Protect Our Parks" meetup podcast that they do with Joe. Chris says something like, "So which one of those guys do I have to kill to join the Protect Our Parks pod?" It's not a funny question or premise on it's own, but it could lead to a hilarious discussion about which of those guys would be the easiest one to take out. Instead, Joe is like, "What?? You can't kill anyone bro and if you did, it wouldn't be the same. It would be a different thing with you on it."

If he had any comedic sense or timing, he would have immediately gone with it. Instead, he kills a potentially funny premise and back & forth about a ridiculous topic. So, he answers the question seriously and essentially shits on Destefano by saying, "your not one of us bro."

I swear, there are 10 examples like this every episode.
It's noticeable how much he pulls back now since getting OMFG popularity. He's thinking a lot more (and too much) about what impact his words have. Listen for him to say "how dare you" when people say something offensive. That's his little tip of the hat to his guest where he's basically saying "I'm going to get in trouble if I riff off you or give my opinion on that topic". If I played poker with Joe, "how dare you" would be the biggest tell I'd trust my read every time I heard it.

You're just not getting the guy's unfiltered, off the cuff thoughts anymore. I think he's always thinking about who is listening....including other comedians and friends (that have also probably asked if they can do a regular protect our parks/fight companion kind of thing).

Beyond that.....I agree with ya. Joe is the equivalent of a funny friend. I wouldn't rate him anywhere near someone like Bill Burr.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Screenshot_20230315-173759.png

Ice T No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• 1Barf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't know which one of those two dudes I dislike more and we just got them back to back!

Maybe tomorrow he'll upload an episode with the Canadian orca crusader cunt and make it a real hat trick.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
stopped listening when this faggot said NATO was such a positive organisation to the world.

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
stopped listening when this faggot said NATO was such a positive organisation to the world.
You're looking at a liberal that's 70% through getting redpilled. He also thought the hunter Biden laptop story was fake 2 years ago, was big into supporting Ukraine, and he used to be all about that COVID vax.
This should excite you. There's cracks forming all up and down the levees and this guys mindset is closer to us than CNN now.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
May be, the way he justified it fucking rubbed me the wrong way i guess.

'Yeah NATO does mostly good for the world, sure they completely assfucked Iraq but that's just ....whatever'

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You're looking at a liberal that's 70% through getting redpilled. He also thought the hunter Biden laptop story was fake 2 years ago, was big into supporting Ukraine, and he used to be all about that COVID vax.
This should excite you. There's cracks forming all up and down the levees and this guys mindset is closer to us than CNN now.
dude

his name is berger

why bother w/ wormie wormie cult

• 1Worf