The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
idk, I like that he's talking about how bullshit corporate media is in general. But don't fucking namedrop these people constantly while railing against their institutions, and definitely don't talk shit about shady dealings that you "don't have a second source for." Motherfucker uncovered explicit corruption within our elective process, but he's just been so busy with these meetings that he can't locate a second source. Sure, Jan.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Any time someone compares FOX News to North Korean state-run media, I just tune them out. I can't deal with that kind of stupidity in my daily life.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Comedians are sort of hit or miss on his Pod. That dude just sucks.
the comedians joe gets on aare like 95% garbage i'd say all his white comedian friends are garbage, (of course the queen is the exception, no bitch remotely compares, but lately shes getting a little voodoo nutty tho)burr gets a pass cuz he married nia,

best ones this year is the fat black one miss something and pops from the wayne brothers (but his son was intolerable)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

he looks like a fag, he talks like a fag, oh he's canadian well that explains that.

then he says these LA cop cars are too scary painted black!!!, can't they paint them teal???

if anyone else wants to try to finish it at this point, please do

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
How political is this? Gladwell can be great on certain topics but clearly has turned down the faggot route the last few years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How political is this? Gladwell can be great on certain topics but clearly has turned down the faggot route the last few years.
he was too much of a fag to get through the podcast, i mean i guess i'll see

but he's really faggy

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It isn't political. I don't think they really broached the topic of politics at all. I'm sure some motherfuckers will be all triggered when they talk about the relationships between police and their communities and the servant vs warrior mindset that pervades policing and the way they use ticketing as municipal revenue, but imo that isn't really political.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I listened to season one of Malcolm Gladwell's podcast Revisionist History and thought it was pretty good. Each episode wasn't too long and the topics were varied.

That first season also takes place in this cheery little bubble of time when Trump was not yet the nominee and HIllary was only waiting for coronation ceremony. It's hard to explain but it's like there are a half dozen exquisite chocolates sprinkled throughout the episodes. OH YOU THINK SO HUH, HUE HUE HUE.

But they're good.

I thought this was interesting as well. I'm not 100% on board but there's some ideas here.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I listened to the first season as well, but tbh cant remember anything about it really. Apparently theres now 4 seasons.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So I tried listening to Josh Homme, had a busy week last week so I couldn't really get into it then. But yikes, about the same level as Roseanne with that mystic shit he was going off on. Love his bands a lot but I don't know what I expected, not that though. I liked Tim Dillon though, as usual. Dude is funny as fuck.

Matt Taibbi was good too, he shits on journalism as a whole but it isn't anything people don't already know.

• 1Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Within 5 minutes, Joe: "Tulsi, have you ever thought about making a podcast?"

Never change bro

• 2Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What you start to realize is that there are very few actual funny people in this world. Most comedians are just well-rehearsed performers.

Here is the complete list of comedians worth listening to:
  • Ms. Pat
  • Artie Lang
  • Bill Burr
  • Theo Von
  • Ron White
  • Doug Stanhope
  • Honorable Mention: Joey Diaz (Early days, he has been all used up for the last few years)

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like Joey Diaz when he's not the main one talking and he briefly breaks in to talk about a funny moment/story. When he's hosting or leading the conversation, he tends to do the guido shtick to the point of exhaustion. I think he's at his best on JRE, with another guest there too.

iannis

Musty Nester
I wish she wasn't a commie.

There are some issues I agree with her on entirely and would/do absolutely support her. But then she jumps completely off the reservation on other things and I just can't. It's like if you listen to her long enough to talk about the apples... she's identifying domestic competition as a problem. It is so anti-capitalist that it is befuddling to listen to, especially when she's talking about "a thriving global economy". The only conclusion that I can reasonably reach is that she favors planned economies in defiance of how poorly they perform.

Her and jocko actually is a good pairing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What you start to realize is that there are very few actual funny people in this world. Most comedians are just well-rehearsed performers.

Here is the complete list of comedians worth listening to:
  • Ms. Pat
  • Artie Lang
  • Bill Burr
  • Theo Von
  • Ron White
  • Doug Stanhope
  • Honorable Mention: Joey Diaz (Early days, he has been all used up for the last few years)
bill burr sounds like he's being snipped

• 2Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Even sober, Artie still repeats the same dozen or so stories he's been telling since joining Stern 20 years ago. If you want funny, dirty comedians with ZERO politics, The Bonfire with Big Jay and Dan Soder, is the best show going right now. It's a Sirius show but someone always puts em on youTube as well and they don't care.

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It isn't political. I don't think they really broached the topic of politics at all. I'm sure some motherfuckers will be all triggered when they talk about the relationships between police and their communities and the servant vs warrior mindset that pervades policing and the way they use ticketing as municipal revenue, but imo that isn't really political.

Why would this trigger any of us? Most of us has lamented the fact that ticketing is now just revenue generation and not true punishment (including fucking DUI's at this point) and have talked about the warrior mindset of some cops as absolutely harmful to their directive.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Why would this trigger any of us? Most of us has lamented the fact that ticketing is now just revenue generation and not true punishment (including fucking DUI's at this point) and have talked about the warrior mindset of some cops as absolutely harmful to their directive.
Man, how the hell can i tell what people will get triggered over. if it's not one thing it's another.