The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
When Joe says "One of my best friends...", I only believe it when he's talking about Schaub. This is a pretty good clip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, they seem to be genuine friends. Not the sort of shit that they say, but the way that they say it. Joe took him on. More than a buddy, less than a brother. Kind of a wierd mentor thing... probably something to do with the martial art culture that they share.

An honor bond. Doesn't seem to be fake. He seems to like Ari an awful lot too, but it's a completely different kind of thing. I don't really like to listen to schuab on his own, but him and joe on a podcast usually makes for an interesting dynamic even if they're talking about shit that i've never heard of.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, they seem to be genuine friends. Not the sort of shit that they say, but the way that they say it. Joe took him on. More than a buddy, less than a brother. Kind of a wierd mentor thing... probably something to do with the martial art culture that they share.

An honor bond. Doesn't seem to be fake. He seems to like Ari an awful lot too, but it's a completely different kind of thing. I don't really like to listen to schuab on his own, but him and joe on a podcast usually makes for an interesting dynamic even if they're talking about shit that i've never heard of.
i'd say joe would rank brenden as 4th out of the ones we know
1. eddy
2. bryan
3. ari

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm sure he's good friends with Schaub, but that was a rough takedown in public. I don't know, maybe he tried in private and it didn't work.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm sure he's good friends with Schaub, but that was a rough takedown in public. I don't know, maybe he tried in private and it didn't work.
honestly it still didn't work, it just aligned that schaub was fading fast, on his second loss in a row (UFC cuts you on your 3rd) AND it was also when players were forced to give up sponsors for "the reebok deal"

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

a meathead who doesn't eat meat and his stupid film vs. low energy acupuncturist nerd guy

i think this is the second time?

it's a waste of time

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Im an hour in and this shit is fascinating to me. I am really enjoying this episode.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
yeah, he was interesting. Joe managed to stay out of his way mostly. There were a few places where the guy wanted to get philosophical and joe was like "dude, you shit on the ground for serious?". But those were kinda funny.

It is interesting in that that guy had so little formal education. Sounds like he basically learned how to read and then noped out. He must have had the hippiest parents imaginable. I think people forget sometimes that you can be intelligent and not educated, and educated but not intelligent.

That dude is basically a pioneer plucked out of time.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Glenn Villeneuve was an awesome episode, but you can tap out after about 1hour 30mins or so. Once he finishes his wolf story, it is just the same old Joe stories you have heard 20x already.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Interesting guy, I listened to the whole thing, even the "eating moose asshole" part. What's most interesting is that he isn't promoting anything really, he lost his tv show and of course Joe is like "bro, you want to live in a cubicle like a rat? Start a podcast"

Most shocking to me, I guess, is that he had a family out there. My initial image of him was out there alone. Him hunting caribou while starving with a wife and infant kind of changes the image.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I really enjoyed this one too. It's been awhile since I listened to someone on here that I didn't feel was just doing the PR tour everyone is doing lately, although this guy is obviously trying to use Joe as a way to cast out a line and see if anyone will come riding in to help him continue enabling the life he's gotten used to since being in Life below Zero.

I was listening to this while my wife was cleaning windows and I was patching some drywall ( ;) ) and our daughter was running back and forth trying to help us both. My opinion of the guy made a pretty dramatic shift when he was talking about getting overfeeding edema (I think) due to overeating after being mostly out of food for a month. All of my wanderlust & need for adventure was going apeshit up until he mentioned that he had his wife and newborn up there with him in some of these situations.

I have an immense amount of respect (and jealousy) for people that have the knowledge and fortitude to survive in places and situations like this guy has. Even more so for men that can protect & care for their family in those situations. It's different to me when they do it voluntarily, especially with a newborn and a breastfeeding wife. I didn't like that part at all.

• 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
Raising kids like that is pretty hardcore.

In my fanfic his wife leaves him because she wants her children to be educated and he's all like, "the snow will teach them the deepest mysteries"

• 1Worf

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
I’ve listened to a lot of JRE, but I havent really been able to make a habit of following him. It just seemed a lot like every time I was researching something, no matter the topic, one of his podcasts would pop up. I really like how much ground he’s covered across all of these.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I’ve listened to a lot of JRE, but I havent really been able to make a habit of following him. It just seemed a lot like every time I was researching something, no matter the topic, one of his podcasts would pop up. I really like how much ground he’s covered across all of these.
Now that you're bouncing around the forums and making no-content posts about topics you're not really interested in, I feel that I can say with 95% confidence that you're trans.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
Now that you're bouncing around the forums and making no-content posts about topics you're not really interested in, I feel that I can say with 95% confidence that you're trans.

I’m sorry, I do like JRE a lot like I said and didn’t mean for my post to feel empty. I’ve listened to a lot of his stuff, I am just not religious about keeping up with his content. My favorite episode was with David Sinclair

They have a good exchange on longevity and I learned something about resveratrol, metformin and other longevity supplements including dosing. It’s good stuff. I also like the fitness, diet and other health oriented discussions he has and have watched a bit of his political oriented stuff too.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Whosgoingfirstnotit
ugly pretend "comedian" white girl?
2ab55eaf298275834609aa36f51ab593.png

yea, she's going down