The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lot of man-babies crying about Joe selling out, and the same lot probably have never accomplished anything in their lives and never will. Reaping the rewards of your hard work is not selling out. It is why you put the hard work in.
"Selling out" is retardspeak for "Making a living." People love to say that about bands. Who cares if your favorite band changed to get paid. Listen to something else.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
"Selling out" is retardspeak for "Making a living." People love to say that about bands. Who cares if your favorite band changed to get paid. Listen to something else.
Joe is on Youtube: Fucking youtube censorship, we need more choices, fuck youtube
Joe moves the world's most popular podcast to a youtube competitor and retains total ownership and creative control: Joe is selling out!

Like..... I just wish most people would die

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Like people did with Howard Stern on Sirius - meanwhile he's the highest paid radio guy in history by an order of 50. I love listening to Stern on Sirius and will also enjoy Joe on Spotify. Lot of cheap little fuckers running around

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't mind him getting paid and I definitely don't mind YouTube losing money but I hate to see podcasts getting bought up and conglomerated so you can only listen to them in this or that app or if you subscribe to this service. Podcasts have always been independent and available everywhere but I suppose as soon as they started making real money then this bullshit was inevitable with middle men trying to get their hands on some of the money.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bit bummed about this because I really don't give a shit about spotify, but I totally get him taking the money. I do find it funny that he was talking to Steven Tyler not too long ago about how Spotify was ruining the music industry, though.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't mind him getting paid and I definitely don't mind YouTube losing money but I hate to see podcasts getting bought up and conglomerated so you can only listen to them in this or that app or if you subscribe to this service. Podcasts have always been independent and available everywhere but I suppose as soon as they started making real money then this bullshit was inevitable with middle men trying to get their hands on some of the money.
Yeah, that's totally a valid concern. But think of it from a content creator's perspective. They have to be hustling, they have to be on all platforms, all social media, etc. And even with all that work, if Youtube decides to take down a video or channel, the creator is fucked, so is the audience, there is no recourse. We really do need more options. If the end result of this a few years from now ends up being instead of only one source for all video content we have 2, or maybe more, that's a win.

He did also say that the podcast would remain absolutely free. I'm sure they will do ads but so does Joe and so does Youtube so, not a big change.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Tony Hawk is a professional skateboarder, actor, stuntman, and the owner of the skateboard company Birdhouse.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

I bet you are the kind of faggot that pirates games and movies then complains that the gaming industry only cares about franchises that make money.

• 1Salty

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Want a free podcast? Listen to it however the fuck they tell you to. Want it on all platforms including faggot and tranny run YouTube that robs content creators, then pay a subscription.

• 1Worf

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Spotify is a great product, I've been paying premium for 6 or 7 years now. I have huge playlists built up over that time and it's nice to be able to download them and have them to listen to when I'm in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and have no cell service. The more podcasts I can get on there instead of having to hunt them down on Google music/youtube/wtf app, the better.

• 2Like

sukik

Like people did with Howard Stern on Sirius - meanwhile he's the highest paid radio guy in history by an order of 50. I love listening to Stern on Sirius and will also enjoy Joe on Spotify. Lot of cheap little fuckers running around
I prefer frugal, but cheap fucker works.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've subbed to spotify off and on for music. Their free app is complete garbage, their premium service is ok and not expensive. They've got a remarkable library.

I don't like the changes they've made to library searches over the years. I feel like their product has been getting worse for me, not better. But I can see, easily, that they're making it more accessible to the general user.

I don't hate on spotify. They've just moved it in a different direction than I was hoping they would. But it's not like my little sub is gonna pay their bills, either, so do what you gotta do. And I'm sure a lot of those changes that I don't like are simply understandings reached in order to avoid massive lawsuits.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I've subbed to spotify off and on for music. Their free app is complete garbage, their premium service is ok and not expensive. They've got a remarkable library.

I don't like the changes they've made to library searches over the years. I feel like their product has been getting worse for me, not better. But I can see, easily, that they're making it more accessible to the general user.

I don't hate on spotify. They've just moved it in a different direction than I was hoping they would. But it's not like my little sub is gonna pay their bills, either, so do what you gotta do. And I'm sure a lot of those changes that I don't like are simply understandings reached in order to avoid massive lawsuits.
I've found a lot of new music that I otherwise wouldn't have just through their Discover Weekly playlist that's generated every Monday based on what I've been listening to. Thinking back on it, that's probably what hooked me in and made me a reliable subscriber.

• 1Solidarity

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If you listen to a fair bit of music Spotify premium is incredible. They have lots of very hard to find songs and the library is massive. It's used to be cheaper when you could share a family account with 5 others and all have premium but I can see why they stopped the shenanigans with that.

I've never used it for podcasts I just see it as a music app.

• 1Like

sukik

Have they improved the optimization of the App any? And can you download whole albums in a manner that makes sense? The last time I tried to use Spotify premium the app ran like shit and I couldn't just download whole albums. I've no real interest in making playlists. I just want albums. I pay for amazon unlimited music now. It does everything I want and the app runs great. Maybe I'll give spotify a go one month, but I'm not going to switch just to listen to Joe.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
If you listen to a fair bit of music Spotify premium is incredible. They have lots of very hard to find songs and the library is massive. It's used to be cheaper when you could share a family account with 5 others and all have premium but I can see why they stopped the shenanigans with that.

I've never used it for podcasts I just see it as a music app.
what changed about family accounts? I'm one of six people in my house, and we've been sharing a family premium account for ~2 years. I had to be talked into it by the kids, but at this point I use it more than anyone.

and sukik sukik , I guess I don't know how it used to be, but i've never had any problems just downloading albums without having to make playlists

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
what changed about family accounts? I'm on of six people in my house, and we've been sharing a family premium account for ~2 years. I had to be talked into it by the kids, but at this point I use it more than anyone.

and sukik sukik , I guess I don't know how it used to be, but i've never had any problems just downloading albums without having to make playlists

They use geolocation for address verification to the primary account holder now. You can still get away with it if your kids a college or something but 5-6 people all in different locations gets them locked out.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you read Breakdown Breakdown 's posts in Randy Savage's voice, they are pretty funny.
Even better if you read it in a Gilbert Gottfried voice
1590073976305.png

• 1Mother of God