The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i assume people werent moving over to spotify fast enough, so the meathead nuked his youtube to speed things up.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's actually part of his contract with spotify so most everyone knew it was coming, just sucks that it's here now

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I like Joe 80% of the time, but underneath his humble exterior (that he has work on) is a cunt that has never been wrong in his life. Gladly he keeps it in check and I think most of the character traits he espouses are admirable ones.

Joe is a pit bull that gets into these hyper aggressive states where he argues for the sake of arguing. He likes it, he is competitive, and when you get him going he is going to say whatever he needs to win. Even if it is a lot of dumb shit.

Sad thing is, the old man owned him here. Joe actually lost his mind there for about 30 mins and the old man ran circles around him both intellectually, with his demeanor, and composure.

you are confusing his being a not very bright, but funny and charismatic person, for all the characteristics you mention in your post

joe is the definition of a dumb jock - except he has massive fame and does a lot of drugs

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he had some faggot vox guy on

this guy SCREECHES every fifth word, like he knows he has a faggot voice so hes trained himself to speak lower, but the faggy voice just comes out in high pitched tones...

source:
i have a faggot voice

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Going to get interesting as soon as he hosts someone spotify employees don't like again now that you can only get it on spotify.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

#1572 - Moxie Marlinspike​

Computer security researcher Moxie Marlinspike is the creator of the encrypted messenger service Signal, and co-founder of the Signal Foundation: a nonprofit dedicated to global freedom of speech through the development of open-source privacy technology.

#1573 - Matthew Yglesias​

Journalist Matthew Yglesias writes about politics and economic policy at Vox.com, a site he co-founded, and also co-hosts The Weeds: a regular podcast devoted to current events. Yglesias is also the author of two books, the most recent of which is One Billion Americans: The Case for Thinking Bigger.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Definitely going to miss the clips on YouTube. A lot of times I would decide if I wanted to listen to an episode by watching a couple clips from it first. I downloaded the Spotify app but it won't even open if you don't have cell service which is pretty lame when you live in the sticks like I do. I'm a sporadic listener anyway so we'll see if I actually listen much going forward or not.

Goatface

almost certain he said jre clips channel was going to stay active, but he says a lot of things. internet isn't turning up anything, but few sites with their take on the official announcement said spotify would the home of all full shows.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
we've had a spotify family account for four years (which honestly is a pretty awesome value, and I initially resisted). not a single one of you would turn down $100M to do the same. from what i've heard, the only difference for non-spotify people is having to listen to ads, which as long as they're still at the beginning, are more of an annoyance than a real problem

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm sure Joe or whoever was ultimately managing him was savvy enough to compare the cash that YouTube was paying him per video based on average views vs what the Spotify contract was offering and it was just that Spotify was more $. It's always about what is the most $, which is sad because he really did offer such a cutting edge and cherished thing to the fanbase, but that's how the business world operates.

He'll gain some subs with this move but far FAR less won't sub.

Does anyone know if the contract was a lump sum up front kinda thing? I assume it was... or rather more likely a mix of upfront lump with per-show-per viewer count percentage. Because if he is ONLY getting paid per episode based on viewership after nixing his YouTube... uh oh sketty-ohs. I just wish him well; he's really an amazing dude and top-tier interviewer.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think anything you see about the contract is speculation. Joe has said that no reporters know what he got paid or what the terms of it were.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm sure Joe or whoever was ultimately managing him was savvy enough to compare the cash that YouTube was paying him per video based on average views vs what the Spotify contract was offering and it was just that Spotify was more $. It's always about what is the most $, which is sad because he really did offer such a cutting edge and cherished thing to the fanbase, but that's how the business world operates.

He'll gain some subs with this move but far FAR less won't sub.

Does anyone know if the contract was a lump sum up front kinda thing? I assume it was... or rather more likely a mix of upfront lump with per-show-per viewer count percentage. Because if he is ONLY getting paid per episode based on viewership after nixing his YouTube... uh oh sketty-ohs. I just wish him well; he's really an amazing dude and top-tier interviewer.
it probably is a 100m contract, but with any contract there will be certain stipulations. probably one of which is views/new member growth. they gauge what his views are on Youtube, then use that as a ceiling for Spotify potential. if his Spotify views/new members reach or exceed his YT subs then whatever amount they promised him he gets. if he were to fail in reaching those numbers his payout will be some lower tier. maybe much lower. if he faces a backlash and he has faced a few so far it could hamper those numbers. either way, if he sucks air for the entirety of his contract his payday will still most likely insure he is a wealthy man for the rest of his life.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I would guess the $100m number is just guaranteed money, done deal paid for. The rest of the contract could be just about anything. If you are to believe Forbes, he made $30m last year from the show.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have never used Spotiphy, can't even listen to it on their site without making an account. Is there even a video or is it audio only?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think anything you see about the contract is speculation. Joe has said that no reporters know what he got paid or what the terms of it were.
it's not even 100million it's way more, 100m is only industry speculation, brendon shaub let it slip

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lulz spotify is fucking annoying w/ the ads

the 4 front loaded ads, i learned you can't just skip, or the podcast goes BACK to the first ad, so you gotta let each ad play for 5s(or 10?) first then click next, next, next.

i don't have premium, or nuttin, but i listen to other podcasts on spotify and until jre came along there were no ads for podcast (that i listen to), yes there are ads for music (i don't use spotify for that... you search for "final fantasy distant worlds - to zandarkand by nobuo uematsu" and you get garbage), but podcasts and music are a separate category