The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I basically only open spotify if I have run out of podcasts in my regular app. Spotify's app is also pretty terrible so there's no way I'm moving the rest of my podcasts over there. They were at least smart enough to put the clips back on YouTube. Watching clips on YouTube is pretty much how I decide if I want to listen to the whole episode.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Joe is just done.

He never wanted to be a cultural icon. He wanted to get high and talk to interesting people. The pressure from the progressive community got too high because his non-progressive side continually got amplified over his totally in the bag progressive views. He sold out to Spotify and, whether in the contract or not, decided he was just fine with being less controversial.

I don't hate him for it or anything, I don't want that kind of fame or cultural pull either. It definitely makes his show less interesting, though, and eventually he will fade away.

I think that is what he wants at this point, to finish his life rich and happy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
joes a complete sellout, for 10years, if you've ever listened to joe he'd rag on radio shows (thats aren't opie & anthony)

he's like "i have to tell jokes and fake being interested, then OH NO!!! PAUSE FOR A COMMERCIAL BREAK"

"well my podcast doesn't do that"...

pre-spotify

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
within a couple of years I imagine Spotify doesn't reup and he's back on youtube. Whether he'll ever be at the same level again, idk, by then who knows what media will look like.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
joes a complete sellout, for 10years, if you've ever listened to joe he'd rag on radio shows (thats aren't opie & anthony)

he's like "i have to tell jokes and fake being interested, then OH NO!!! PAUSE FOR A COMMERCIAL BREAK"

"well my podcast doesn't do that"...

pre-spotify
Yeah, Joe used to CONSTANTLY shit on "selling out", "letting corporate guys take over", things being "overproduced", etc.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
big media didn't like him at all, so they bought him. It was less about bringing his crowd to spotify and more about putting a muzzle on him behind a wall

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Joe is just done.

He never wanted to be a cultural icon. He wanted to get high and talk to interesting people. The pressure from the progressive community got too high because his non-progressive side continually got amplified over his totally in the bag progressive views. He sold out to Spotify and, whether in the contract or not, decided he was just fine with being less controversial.

I don't hate him for it or anything, I don't want that kind of fame or cultural pull either. It definitely makes his show less interesting, though, and eventually he will fade away.

I think that is what he wants at this point, to finish his life rich and happy.
The dude got his start dramatizing people eating cockroaches and cow balls.

Really.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
News Radio was well before Fear Factor.
joe is easily the weakest link of News Radio, he was working with phil hartman, maura tierney, dave foley, steven root and he decides he'll take acting cues from andy dick instead.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Haven't listened to the last few, but I think the last couple of guests are pretty anti vaccine/lockdown people based on a few clips I saw.

Fadaar

That guy
I mean from a logical standpoint I totally agree with Joe but being such a colossal media personality you can't be saying shit like that

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Of course he should be saying it. It is 100% the truth. No one under 50 should be getting this vaccine unless they have pre-existing comorbidities. Fucking Christ.

• 8Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Of course he should be saying it. It is 100% the truth. No one under 50 should be getting this vaccine unless they have pre-existing comorbidities. Fucking Christ.

It's not like it's going to hurt them and it keeps them from spreading it to old people. I see no reason to sperg out on it but whatever.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
If you only knew how bad things really are.