The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Joe does this every month or so, totally shitting all over a guest. The Whole Food guy was the last one I remember. I just need to learn to turn it off when he pulls this shit.
wow whole food guy was b4 the switch over, i don't even remember when he was ranting on about

did joe confuse the guy saying something like

"to eat well just use whole foods"

but he didn't mean like, his store WHOLE FOODS, he's just saying, buy a broccoli and cut it up and eat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yep. Joe went full cunt-mode, questioning and disagreeing with every single thing Eric would say. He stopped thinking or listening to anything Eric was saying and just went into full attack/disagreement mode. Then, when he realized he was contradicting himself from what he was saying 5 minutes ago, he tries to go off on tangent subjects. So fucking frustrating.

And as for Eric? The guy is feeling himself a bit too much. He thinks he is a JRE insider now. He stopped trying to be an interesting guest a few appearances ago and is just skating by on "We are best buddies now, right?" He just needs to go away for a year or two.

Joe does this every month or so, totally shitting all over a guest. The Whole Food guy was the last one I remember. I just need to learn to turn it off when he pulls this shit.
I think he's trying to be nice to everyone, but people start getting too comfortable and tugging on his coat tails too often. And Joe is right about people shutting off the episode at certain points because I ended up turning that one off about 5 minutes after he started saying that. I like Eric when he's in the right mood, but most of the time he gets high on his own farts and is trying to take advantage of the huge audience without respecting the audience in the first place. If I want to listen to his obscure explanations and visualizations at length, I'll go listen to his podcast. If he wants to target broader consumption, make the explanation easier to digest.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I definitely get them on the android app. I like spotify for music purposes but I have issues with the podcast.

• 1Solidarity

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Maybe you're not logged in. I too am using the android app. I've had a spotify sub so long I forgot they even did adds.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It seems inconsistent to me; some shows just goes right to the guest, others he has like.... 10 two-minute spots before that you have to just keep skipping to the end to avoid. It's not ideal, and I have premium.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't have premium and it's the same for me. Sometimes there's ads, sometimes there's not.

Goatface

In the six months leading up to the show’s December 1st exclusive start, Google Trends data shows an average search index for ‘Joe Rogan’ of 57.9. After the week of December 1st and during 2021, that index value has dropped to 34.6, which constitutes a 40.2% drop in search volume.​

That suggests that Rogan’s episodes aren’t drawing as much attention now that they’re contained within the Spotify platform. But this isn’t a paywall problem: Spotify isn’t limiting The Joe Rogan Experience to Premium subscribers, suggesting other reasons for the lowered impact. One major difference could be YouTube, which is highly viral, more open, and easier to use than Spotify — not to mention tightly integrated into Google Search itself.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean spotify just isn't as ubiquitous as youtube. None of this should be surprising.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Spotify sucks and their mobile app sucks the wet sprocket. Also, Joe puts insane amounts of ads on his shows, even for Spotify premium subscribers. I have to skip 2-3 60-120 second (huh?) ads all the time. Also I suspect he can't get as many high quality guests yet to Austin that he had easy access to in LA.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Spotify sucks and their mobile app sucks the wet sprocket. Also, Joe puts insane amounts of ads on his shows, even for Spotify premium subscribers. I have to skip 2-3 60-120 second (huh?) ads all the time. Also I suspect he can't get as many high quality guests yet to Austin that he had easy access to in LA.
Who gives a shit about the ads? At least he puts 100% of them at the very beginning. All the other podcasts I listen to mix in 3 minutes of ads every 10 minutes or so

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty surprised he can sell ads doing it that way. I know I always skip them and I assume everyone does. I don't think most podcasters would have that option.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The ads thing is annoying as fuck. I recently wanted to listen to his talk with Brian Greene (one of my favorite "regulars"), but after getting 3, 3 minute ads in a row, I just closed the fucking app. The whole point of Spotify Premium is that you don't have to deal with ads. It also doesn't help that Spotify's mobile app is total fucking ass. The Windows App is pretty decent, but the mobile shit is just godawful.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm pretty surprised he can sell ads doing it that way. I know I always skip them and I assume everyone does. I don't think most podcasters would have that option.
it's a money money grab, i'm sure you get paid way more for mid-roll ads than ads placed in the beginning, i mean thats how normal ad structures are

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a free/basic Spotify account and I am totally confused by people complaining about the ads. You realize, there is a skip ahead 15 seconds button right? When the ads come on, tap the button 5-6 times. Plus, the ads are rare, sparse and usually at the very beginning. I can't fathom how you guys could possibly justify complaining about this.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Like

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Them not having controversial episodes on the switch over was really dumb. Plus I can't say it enough his bullshit last alex jones interview really was the nail. I would say a good half of the people who come into the gun shop stopped listening to him after that.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think there's a lot to be said for patterns of user behaviour too.

I open my youtube app on my phone to listen to videos when I am working, JRE is exactly the kind of thing I want there, but I also have a lot of choice of different videos to watch before/after.

Spotify I have on my laptop which I'm doing the work on, so it would be audio only. I use it for music rarely as I can also get music on YouTube and have everything in one place, usually Spotify is my go to for full albums.

Do I care enough about Joe Rogan, given the lower guest quality and SJW oversight, to install Spotify on my phone or open the app on my phone or laptop specifically for this one thing? No. I can't even be bothered to see if he shows up in Spotify search.

Last edited:
  • 1Like