The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
It's part of the solution. A bit self-evident on the face of it.

If care is taken for the physical structures the community lives in and around it is a physical testament to the fact that the community cares about the way it presents itself. Even to itself. There is also an interaction like this when it comes to stray dogs and cats.

It is hardly a solution, just one small thing that can be done to foster the positive feedback loop that you want.

It's like a fat guy being depressed that he's fat. One of the most obvious ways to correct that negative situation (the depression) is to stop being fat. But it's the effort that is put into rehabilitation which is just as important as the rehabilitation itself. Because you could just give that guy liposuction and he'd be right back to being depressed... if it ever abated. Sometimes the visible lack of self respect is entirely reasonable. But it's still not good.

It's difficult to promote that within an individual and more difficult to promote it within a community, but it is not impossible. But if all you're doing is covering the negative impulses which lead to that kind of neglect with efforts from outside the community nothing lasting will be accomplished.

Gotta start somewhere and gotta start small. Unless you just want to kill everybody and start fresh. Which literally no one wants to do.

I dunno, it's a physical manifestation of someone giving a fuck. It's easier to give a fuck when you don't feel like you're the only person that does, and you have help. The japs kinda have it figgured out. I think it's part of why their public spaces are so clean. Parts of Europe too. Hell, the military.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's part of the solution. A bit self-evident on the face of it.

If care is taken for the physical structures the community lives in and around it is a physical testament to the fact that the community cares about the way it presents itself. Even to itself. There is also an interaction like this when it comes to stray dogs and cats.

It is hardly a solution, just one small thing that can be done to foster the positive feedback loop that you want.

It's like a fat guy being depressed that he's fat. One of the most obvious ways to correct that negative situation (the depression) is to stop being fat. But it's the effort that is put into rehabilitation which is just as important as the rehabilitation itself. Because you could just give that guy liposuction and he'd be right back to being depressed... if it ever abated. Sometimes the visible lack of self respect is entirely reasonable. But it's still not good.

It's difficult to promote that within an individual and more difficult to promote it within a community, but it is not impossible. But if all you're doing is covering the negative impulses which lead to that kind of neglect with efforts from outside the community nothing lasting will be accomplished.

Gotta start somewhere and gotta start small. Unless you just want to kill everybody and start fresh. Which literally no one wants to do.

I dunno, it's a physical manifestation of someone giving a fuck. It's easier to give a fuck when you don't feel like you're the only person that does, and you have help. The japs kinda have it figgured out. I think it's part of why their public spaces are so clean. Parts of Europe too. Hell, the military.
I don't think that analogy really fits. To kind of recall Joe's point in that episode, people aren't born fat and depressed, yeah sure there's some genetic predispositions but that's not the same as being born fat as fuck and only being fat and seeing and interacting with fat people and being depressed your entire life. I agree with the sentiment. I also think a lot of that comes with wealth. That kind of pride in community comes with property ownership, buying into the collective society. But we're talking about areas in America where none of these people own property or have wealth, they aren't running the businesses in their areas or policing their neighborhoods or even governing their cities.

Dude, I watched this interview with The Intercept that they did with some Minneapolis city council people. And it was full of SJW nonsense and faggotry. But also, they talked about the inner workings of that city government, and it was pretty fucking nuts. The city council had no oversight, at all, over the police department. They talked about trying, for years, to reform the police department and being completely stonewalled, to the point where even when they won concessions from the mayor the police union just refused to institute policy changes. Now the council people are trying to draw a straight line from that to George Floyd and the riots and protests, and it seems like they are being successful, they've got a ballot measure which I read was expected to pass and is way more extreme than anything that was on the table previously. I didn't read the ballot proposal, only the headline, which is loltacular. They're eliminating the police department, entirely, and established something called the Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention, which sounds hilarious and destined to bring about the bloodiest portion yet of the French revolution. I'm interested to see if it works out.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I'll admit the analogy is flawed. It's a bigger problem than just being fat. It's kinda like that but mostly not.

And yep, it's not at all hard to believe that the police union accidentally fomented a revolution. I mean police unions exist in large part so that local officials couldn't use them as a personal army any more. I suppose that union was even more jealous than most. When the cops stop being responsive to the needs of the community they serve that situation will lead to problems. That destination can be reached in a variety of ways. Getting rid of cops entirely in a frustrated hail mary... Yeah everyone knows what's going to happen. The cops will be back in about a year, or less, feeling singularly vindicated in their hardass stances.

A national registry is really not a bad idea. We have them for health care. You can get fired from Wal-Mart for stealing twenty bucks out of the till and every employer in the nation's can immediately find out. But apparently it's privileged information if a cop tends to excessive violence in executing his duties.

I don't hate cops, I'm not a twenty year old stoner anymore, but that doesn't seem right either.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This seems like an appropriate place to put this.

Screenshot_20200731-150851_Chrome.jpg

• 1Worf

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

View attachment 289366
I KNEW IT, i put all that stuff in the hollywood thread a few weeks ago if yous want to see!

finally we'll get him

i don't really care what he did btw, i just don't want him to appear on JRE's no more

cabanna boy and duncan tie for being one of joe worst comedian guest friends.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I always thought he was the secret gay friend joe always talks about having a family. Tony H is always the easy target but I could see it be Bryan but maybe he does like chicks

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Joe Rogan Experience #1510 - George Knapp & Jeremy Corbell

George Knapp helped Bob Lazar break the Area 51 story. Talking some aliens. Really enjoyed when he had Bob on, hoping this is as good
20minutes into this skinwalker ranch doc, and it's garbage, holy shit it's like those 1990s x-files

real alien autopsy!!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 289366

who? had to imdb his sorry ass and he's like C list, bottom tier B list at best

here's what probably happened. He tried to pull that big Hollywood movie star move off but those women realized he's a fucking nobody and he just used his minor celeb status to bang them. Now with all the metoo bullshit, they figured since he's a nobody, they can use his name to get their 15 minutes in.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
who? had to imdb his sorry ass and he's like C list, bottom tier B list at best

He gets sitcom work. I don't know it to be true but I would not be surprised if he has spent 80% of his career just acting in pilots that never made it to television. That was an industry unto itself for decades. Creating a pitch show that networks could watch and choose between.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
He gets sitcom work. I don't know it to be true but I would not be surprised if he has spent 80% of his career just acting in pilots that never made it to television. That was an industry unto itself for decades. Creating a pitch show that networks could watch and choose between.

sounds like amy schumer mad she didn't get accosted by bryan!

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Callen very well may be into some weird kinky shit but I’d be surprised if he’s aggro like that. Dudes never had a problem pulling chicks and I’m sure he’s probably a bit overbearing but rape and stage time for blow jobs is a bit of a jump from trying to talk girls into fucking you.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Seems like they're basically running out of people.

If you're a somewhat successful dude in LA, you don't even have to be famous... you're gonna get #Metoo'd at some point.

It's kinda rough. Not only is it an industry of whores, it's an industry of attention whores on top of it.

I'm sure some of them are rapists. But when you point to all of them... well, good luck sorting that all out.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I wish he'd have that Adam Ruins Everything guy on again and just be super awkward.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

David Choe is an American painter, muralist, explorer, adventurer, podcaster, graffiti artist and graphic novelist from Los Angeles, CA.

This is a crazy one. I'm not sorry I listened but I'm not sure if I recommend it. Lots of wild stories, a fair amount of crying, basically a 4-hour therapy session from a fairly crazy dude. There is one part where he tells the story of a baboon getting its dick ripped off by a dog.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>

Mike Baker is a former CIA covert operations officer. Currently he is the president of Diligence LLC, a global intelligence and security firm. His new show “Black Files Declassified” is now available on the Science Channel.

I was a little bored with this one.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>

Dr. Debra Soh is a former sex researcher, neuroscientist, columnist, and podcast host. Her new book The End of Gender: Debunking the Myths about Sex and Identity in Our Society is now available.

Anyone who gives Joe shit over this is a radical. Yes some people are trans but you probably shouldn't give hormones to 6 year olds or saw 13 year old girl's tits off just because they think they want that. Makes sense to me.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

David Choe is an American painter, muralist, explorer, adventurer, podcaster, graffiti artist and graphic novelist from Los Angeles, CA.

This is a crazy one. I'm not sorry I listened but I'm not sure if I recommend it. Lots of wild stories, a fair amount of crying, basically a 4-hour therapy session from a fairly crazy dude. There is one part where he tells the story of a baboon getting its dick ripped off by a dog.
Choe is one of the most interesting humans on earth. What a fucking life this guy has had. He went from nothing to a millionaire because he broke Vegas. Meanwhile he is a world famous artist, and he paints Facebooks offices because the Napster guy was familiar with his work. Zuckerberg offers him payment in stock options, they go public and what do you know he has $200 Million dollars to fuck 8 hookers a day for the rest of his life (and he does).

Watching this though, I am worried for his well-being. Compare him now to his appearance 6 years ago. He really seems like he is coming unhinged, unfulfilled, and I hope the Bourdain talk wasn't a prelude to his own self-demise.