The King Henry Tapes (By Me!)

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Just read The Eater short story. Thats some M. Night Shamanlamadingdong twist right there
Yeah, Eaters was originally going to be a serial series, but due to my hatred of writing short fiction and me getting engrossed in THE KING HENRY TAPES, it just kind of went nowhere. Probably a good thing too, there's kind of serial backlash going on at Amazon at the moment. John Scalzi started one and he's already getting roasted at serial number two of twelve.

That said, I'd like to take Prime Pickings and turn it into a novel somewhere down the road, it's a fun world.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Editing...yeah, I hear ya. I greatly look forward to the day when I make enough doing this to pay for a professional copy-editor...or two. And Raymond Swanland for all my covers....
If you ever have any openings for more "beta readers"...

I'd love to volunteer.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am currently under contract to Moontayle Ltd. as a beta reader (kidding, as obviously I could read whatever I want anyway), and I think diversity is always a good thing, so I'll just anxiously await the official release. I do promise to buy on Day 1, however!

Arica_sl

shitlord
Just posting to check the status of book 3 which im eagerly awaiting! I remember you saying something about March 2013, is that still the plan?

Thanks.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did some advertising for you
smile.png

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Every mention helps!

Have like 1 and 3/4's chapters left to write before anyone asks, still looking good for June/July.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
FIRST DRAFT DONE.

Damn, always feels good.

Okay, so, 2 to 3 months of editing incoming. If you want to be included as a beta reader/typo hunter then now is the time to PM me about it. If you have any requests for getting your favorite curse words or phrases put into the novel, now is also the time to mention them.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
FIRST DRAFT DONE.

Damn, always feels good.

Okay, so, 2 to 3 months of editing incoming. If you want to be included as a beta reader/typo hunter then now is the time to PM me about it. If you have any requests for getting your favorite curse words or phrases put into the novel, now is also the time to mention them.
Calling someone a swamp donkey would be a nice touch.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Picked up the first book late last night. Read the first tape, had to force myself to put it down so i could get sleep. Looking forward to a nice reading session
smile.png

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Hope you enjoy the rest of it, Jorren.

Started my 2.0 edit, so far, so good. Also did a Bookbub advertisement that gave away about 7k copies of the first book, should get a few hundred more fans out of that so that's awesome, though I do have to eat the occasional 1 star review from people who can't seem to handle the fact that there's 2 timelines in the same book. I fear for them if they ever happen upon Lost or Fringe or you know...any book with more than one POV.

Going to save those curse words for FM4 and FM5, guys. Know just where to put them.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
That's awesome news really looking forward to the next installment. Thank you for creating such a fun series to read.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Beta reader emails have gone out, so if you signed up, check your inbox. Also, FM3 sample chapter up at my blog for anyone who cares to read it:http://richardraley.blogspot.com/201...e-chapter.html

The book ended up coming in at 490 manuscript pages (FM2 was 304 for comparison) so going to be a lot of story this time around. I think it's the best I've ever done, we'll see if you guys agree.

Taking a couple weeks off and then I'll be starting FM4...which will be titled "The Foul Mouth and the Headless Hunny".

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
87% done with FM3.

Each book getting better and better. Also longer, but I didn't feel there was any filler, even when the main plots were sidelined momentarily, it was always in an interesting way. The only minor complaint I have is that some of the minor characters get named dropped a bunch and it'd been a while since I had read the second book, so certain characters that weren't "re-introduced" were kind of fuzzy to me. Root, Isabel, The Lady, Jason I think would be described as mostly minor characters that get "reintroduced" in a good way, others, like Quilt had me scratching my head trying to remember what little I knew about him despite the number of times he is mentioned in Book 3. Love the Humor of the series, love the dual-converging plotlines, love the complete lack of "traditional" grammer.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
I got sick of sitting on a finished book not collecting sales, so I moved up the release of FM3 to today.

THE FOUL MOUTH AND THE TROUBLED BOOMWORM

Blurb:
King Henry Price has faced down the Coyote Nation, he's faced down the Vampire Embassies, he's even making money from his Artificer Shop now, but nothing could prepare him for . . . his ex-girlfriend.

Valentine Ward, the one and only Boomworm, is in town. Now a Recruiter for the Institution of Elements, she has a favor to ask of King Henry . . . just one little story to convince a teenage girl that either she learns to control the Mancy or the Mancy will control her.

Into madness and an early grave.

One little story for one little sister.

One little story for Christmas Ward.
Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Mouth-Troubled...dp/B00CQ0B6V4/
Smashwords:https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/314817

If you were a beta reader, thanks for your help again, I think you guys + friends and family managed to find like 30ish typos, pretty nice to have the extended backup this time around.

If you were a beta reader, the mouth gag is also removed, discuss!

Edit: Also, if your read, please review, yada yada.