The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
26d 23h 33m
I collected a list of links and then found this Looper video with a Top 10 of DDL.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Vyemm Raider
8d 10h 16m
I need to watch My Left Foot again. I honestly don't know how he managed to act that part so convincingly, you never once consider this guy doesn't have cerebral palsy.

Animosity

Blackwing Lair Raider
13d 14h 40m
daniel day lewis GIF

I hesitate to say anyone is the "greatest living actor", given what that honorific entails. It is hard to argue that he doesn't deserve it, though.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: Caliane and rhinohelix

Falstaff

Vyemm Raider
45d 6h 57m
I watched it in high school english class for some reason. It's a very compelling performance but I honestly don't remember particularly liking the movie for whatever reason. Maybe I was uncultured.

Arden

Trakanon Raider
30d 10h 4m
Is this movie good? For some reason I can't bring myself to watch it. Fuck this clip is hard enough. And I don't mean in a bad way.
Yeah, it's good.

As everyone knows, Day-Lewis is a method actor and he tries to stay in role the whole time he is playing a part, even off camera. I remember reading an article quoting the girl he was dating at the time he did My Left Foot. She was complaining because he made her wheel him around in a wheelchair and help him eat at home and when they went out to restaurants etc.

Fadaar

That guy
59d 10h 3m
I collected a list of links and then found this Looper video with a Top 10 of DDL.

Dude only has 30 acting credits for his career, not too difficult to narrow it down to 10 especially when a chunk of those were early small or uncredited roles.

grumblethorn

<Bronze Donator>
So for more Daniel Day Lewis good ness try:
For Micheal Mann goodness try:
Also the Miami Vice TV pilot is a kick ass standalone movie.

Thorpe

Golden Knight of the Realm
45d 16h 24m
I need to watch My Left Foot again. I honestly don't know how he managed to act that part so convincingly, you never once consider this guy doesn't have cerebral palsy.
According to the "Making of My Left Foot" segment on the Special Edition DVD, Daniel Day-Lewis broke two ribs during filming from assuming the hunched-over position in his wheelchair for weeks of filming. He also would refuse to come out of character. On visits to the set canteen, other people would have to help him with food. On one visit from his English agent, Day-Lewis again refused to come out of character as Christy Brown, and his frustrated agent took off.

• 1Like
Reactions: Grizzlebeard

Ossoi

I'm With HER ♀
23d 3h 57m
Such beautiful music in this film.

Literally said on discord a few days ago that "Promontory" is the ultimate trad-chad theme music.

And that you can watch the last 7 minutes of the movie and it will still be awesome even if you never saw the rest