The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I collected a list of links and then found this Looper video with a Top 10 of DDL.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need to watch My Left Foot again. I honestly don't know how he managed to act that part so convincingly, you never once consider this guy doesn't have cerebral palsy.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
daniel day lewis GIF

I hesitate to say anyone is the "greatest living actor", given what that honorific entails. It is hard to argue that he doesn't deserve it, though.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this movie good? For some reason I can't bring myself to watch it. Fuck this clip is hard enough. And I don't mean in a bad way.

Which movie is it? Getting the "Not available to superior European" message.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched it in high school english class for some reason. It's a very compelling performance but I honestly don't remember particularly liking the movie for whatever reason. Maybe I was uncultured.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this movie good? For some reason I can't bring myself to watch it. Fuck this clip is hard enough. And I don't mean in a bad way.
Yeah, it's good.

As everyone knows, Day-Lewis is a method actor and he tries to stay in role the whole time he is playing a part, even off camera. I remember reading an article quoting the girl he was dating at the time he did My Left Foot. She was complaining because he made her wheel him around in a wheelchair and help him eat at home and when they went out to restaurants etc.

Fadaar

That guy
I collected a list of links and then found this Looper video with a Top 10 of DDL.

Dude only has 30 acting credits for his career, not too difficult to narrow it down to 10 especially when a chunk of those were early small or uncredited roles.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So for more Daniel Day Lewis good ness try:
For Micheal Mann goodness try:
Also the Miami Vice TV pilot is a kick ass standalone movie.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need to watch My Left Foot again. I honestly don't know how he managed to act that part so convincingly, you never once consider this guy doesn't have cerebral palsy.
According to the "Making of My Left Foot" segment on the Special Edition DVD, Daniel Day-Lewis broke two ribs during filming from assuming the hunched-over position in his wheelchair for weeks of filming. He also would refuse to come out of character. On visits to the set canteen, other people would have to help him with food. On one visit from his English agent, Day-Lewis again refused to come out of character as Christy Brown, and his frustrated agent took off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Such beautiful music in this film.

Literally said on discord a few days ago that "Promontory" is the ultimate trad-chad theme music.

And that you can watch the last 7 minutes of the movie and it will still be awesome even if you never saw the rest

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
daniel day lewis GIF

I hesitate to say anyone is the "greatest living actor", given what that honorific entails. It is hard to argue that he doesn't deserve it, though.
He is the best actor in the world for my money and his performance in that film was exceptional.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My left foot was difficult to watch because it was so well acted. I honestly tried but cannot think of any acting performance so well executed. It is the definition of acting.

• 2Like