The Last of Us

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
damn remake makes tess look like an old maid
1655316443_563760_1655316535_noticia_normal.jpg

If I remember correctly, the remake didn't have anyone come back in an redo anything, but they still had all the face capture footage from the original recordings 10 years ago.

The new engine is obviously more powerful, so they were able to use more of the capture recordings, and Tess was played by the woman who is the Borg Queen in Star Trek. I think this change was two fold, one to make her look more like her actress, and two to make her close to the age she is supposed to be (she is supposed to be closer to Joel's age than not).

It is still pretty jarring if you've played both, but the new model does look more like a woman who has spent 20 years avoiding zombie death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
doesn't really mean much for the story/show but a redditor theorized on the origin of the cordyceps virus and the showrunner has done a few interviews that seem to confirm it

1674025751342.png

a batch of infected flour wouldn't really get distributed around the world at the exact same time but whatever, kinda fun theory. people have speculated the salem witch trials hysteria occurred due to ergot (contaminated wheat) poisoning, I think the show mentioned ergot in the same breath as cordyceps.

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So there is a companion podcast to this show. Lead by the guy who played Joel in the game together with Cuckman and Maizin who is the other creator of the TV show. It took less than 4 minutes for xenophobia and racism to be mentioned. Buncha faggots. I don't know what happens during the other 40 minutes but they can eat my ass.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Thandie Newton's kid would have been better for the Ellie role than the weird looking girl.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Why are people replying to oldbased like he isn't an early dementia patient

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went in with really low expectations , was pleasantly surprised. Do we really need another zombiepocalypse show though. Lyanna also not as sympathetic a character as Ellie is supposed to be. They got the bitch part down but her face in this is just too unlikeable to work later when you’re supposed to be invested in her

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
the game opening scene was incredibly well done, namely the driving part

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So there is a companion podcast to this show. Lead by the guy who played Joel in the game together with Cuckman and Maizin who is the other creator of the TV show. It took less than 4 minutes for xenophobia and racism to be mentioned. Buncha faggots. I don't know what happens during the other 40 minutes but they can eat my ass.
Exactly. Quit watching this shit fuck crap and remember what these cucks are doing to society.

• 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
jesus christ that was a great hour of TV. loved the indonesia stuff, always wondered how the rest of the world was going

didn't completely love the look of the clickers, the brain seemed a bit shiny, but i guess thats probably what fungus that feeds/regens looks like.

and who says there is no romance in post apocalypse shows
lTFLhd9.gif

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Oldbased

> Than U

tap the mushroom icon and it grows
WEF did some fact checking and called Google and Bill Gates after seeing this. They are now trying to mutate it to live within humans instead of just on flesh, nails and sweaty balls.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Awesome second episode.

They talked about in the chat afterwards that how spores wouldn’t work in the TV show but they added the fungal communication network which is kind of dope. I’m fine with that change.

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
any streams available for ep2? Current out of the country and having trouble locking down reliable sources.