The Last of Us

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
After two episodes, I still really don’t like the Ellie actress.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Finally an adaptation that follows the award winning game's plot instead of rewriting it badly. What it does add or change has also helped and not hurt. So far I haven't sniffed out any immersion killing woke bullshit shoe horned in. As long as that doesn't leak into the actual show I dgaf about the showrunners' politics.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great episode.

I love how they delve into the science of it. Wish they would have at least restocked the gear before they blew it all to hell. I am hoping for more flash backs that show various ways society dealt with the situation as the infestation took hold. They mention bombs twice in that episode, so I want to actually see this. You know the Spore release ones are coming just because of the dialogue discussing the rumors.

So far this is well done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
A few thoughts. Clickers can eat my ass and in fact they often did. I liked the crouching and hiding behind a counter bit. The changes they introduced are not an issue so far which is a good sign. Very good episode.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When Joel broke the glass to get the clickers attention away from him I did one of these

1674499015267.png

because that was me, in the game... all the time.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I liked that trick with the glass. I also liked how it came back on him when he then stepped on it. I was thinking these guys would be extremely susceptible to the "Throw the rock to distract" trick. Just need to have something that makes a nice noise when thrown. You would still have to move fast as I imagine it would only take a few seconds for the clickers to realize that nobody was actually there.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
First ep was good. Second episode was fantastic, particularly the Jakarta bit.

Do we know if each episode is going to have a flashback? I assume the Ellie in the Mall stuff from the DLC will be in episode flashbacks, not show opening.

I wonder if next week we see the world governments beginning to bomb their own cities to try and contain the outbreak.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My only gripe with this episode was the actual clicker fight in the museum, which felt clumsy and forced. For a guy that's supposedly killed "lots" of zombies, firing a bunch of rounds into its chest and then going hand to hand with the clicker was kind of cringe-- the choreography kinda felt clunky as well. Then it's like they suddenly remember that you need to aim for the head, and it's over. Hopefully Joel gets to level up throughout the series, otherwise I'd expect zombie encounters to either be severely limited, or they'll go the inconsistent power level route a la The Boys.

Set design, special effects, acting, and everything else is top notch though.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok hate to say it because when you guys said Episode 2 was good, I watched it and got excited for the clickers. I liked this episode a lot better than the last. Wifey did too but still had to explain what was going on. The set stuff ^^ mentioned was pretty damn cool - along with the effects and such.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My only gripe with this episode was the actual clicker fight in the museum, which felt clumsy and forced. For a guy that's supposedly killed "lots" of zombies, firing a bunch of rounds into its chest and then going hand to hand with the clicker was kind of cringe-- the choreography kinda felt clunky as well. Then it's like they suddenly remember that you need to aim for the head, and it's over. Hopefully Joel gets to level up throughout the series, otherwise I'd expect zombie encounters to either be severely limited, or they'll go the inconsistent power level route a la The Boys.

I agree that it was odd how he kept shooting at the body and not the heads. I wonder if he exaggerated his experience just to make a point at the time. I am probably reading way to much into the writing. The fight scene was weak on that angle.

On that note, if you did take out the heart, would that not stop them? The body still needs blood to function as it takes oxygen to preserve the muscles? So a body shot should count?

I would add if we are getting technical with that scene..

Guns make noise. Noise attracts them. Why was the street not coming at them when the guns went off? I was actually waiting for that to happen.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

His terrible aim in this episode could be explained by the broken hand, that they made a point of mentioning.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I agree that it was odd how he kept shooting at the body and not the heads. I wonder if he exaggerated his experience just to make a point at the time. I am probably reading way to much into the writing. The fight scene was weak on that angle.

On that note, if you did take out the heart, would that not stop them? The body still needs blood to function as it takes oxygen to preserve the muscles? So a body shot should count?

I would add if we are getting technical with that scene..

Guns make noise. Noise attracts them. Why was the street not coming at them when the guns went off? I was actually waiting for that to happen.

You'd figure during a 2000 mile trip to Boston he'd have ample opportunity to figure out the most effective ways to deal with them. This is assuming a few things though:

1. He didn't get there by air. Seeing how everything went to shit in Austin opening day of infection, I doubt he did. I don't think the game ever covered his trek but since the show seems to be interweaving flashbacks we might actually get some insight into this one.
2. Wasn't able to drive the whole way without having to fight. Also highly doubt, one of the first things to go to hell during any disaster is the highways.
3. The clickers and other mutations/evolutions happened right away and didn't take years to appear. I don't remember if the game ever covered that, so plausible they weren't a thing for a while.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Depends on how heavily the biology was modified I suppose - fungus can move nutrients and the like, but it still has to integrate with the nervous system to get things done in the host. At the end of the day, the fungus is just using people as a mechanism to spread itself and as less hosts become available, it would be beneficial to maintain a host for as long as possible

The most successful version of the fungus would be one that essentially acts as a parasite or symbiotic organism on the host, but doesn’t kill the host or prompt others to want to kill them.

Last edited:

Dalien

Registered Hodor
3. The clickers and other mutations/evolutions happened right away and didn't take years to appear. I don't remember if the game ever covered that, so plausible they weren't a thing for a while.

There's a flyer in the game that explains the four stages of infection.

Runner: Newly infected, looks mostly human still.
Stalker: Infected for more than two weeks. Fungus is starting to grow on their face etc.
Clicker: Infected for a year or more. Face completely covered with fungus so they can't see, have to use sound to move around.
Bloater: Infected for several years. Covered in thick fungus that acts as armor plates, also has spore pouches all over its body that it rips off and throws at you.

It's highly likely that episode 3 is Bill's town and we'll see the first Bloater.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My one concern is that they will make most of the show about fighting infected and not humans. The change at the end of episode 2 makes me think that's a possibility. Also curious how they are going to make winter portion of the story believable.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok hate to say it because when you guys said Episode 2 was good, I watched it and got excited for the clickers. I liked this episode a lot better than the last. Wifey did too but still had to explain what was going on. The set stuff ^^ mentioned was pretty damn cool - along with the effects and such.
wth do you have to explain to your wife? kill all the ugly ppl cuz theyre infected, yes ellie is infected, but shes not ugly b/c of it tho

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
wth do you have to explain to your wife? kill all the ugly ppl cuz theyre infected, yes ellie is infected, but shes not ugly b/c of it tho

Story. Who are the fire flies, why do they exist. A lot of faction based stuff might be covered later but that was covered in detail in the game which is glossed over here in the show. Basically if you played the game you know what’s going on. If you didn’t, there’s a shit ton being glossed over in back story building that was in the game and not in the show up to this point. They could get there, but right now if you haven’t played the game you have no fucking clue what is going on. Hey don’t blame me I’m just watching it and answering shit tons of questions in which that makes me wonder if people who didn’t play the game are completely fucking confused at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. Hey don’t blame me I’m just watching it and answering shit tons of questions in which that makes me wonder if people who didn’t play the game are completely fucking confused at this point.

No - anyone who has seen post apocalypse stuff should have a rudimentary understanding of factions.

Maybe you can take your wife back to store because she sounds faulty

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
To an outsider, the shit is poorly written and not well paced. Suck it faggot.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users