The Last of Us

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They replaced a bit part with a 1/4 black actress just so they could make these stupid fake outrage tweets.

I cant remember did the game start with the whole climate change thing causing the outbreak?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While I am not into making something political, I do like stories that have a semi-plausible notion. That first 3 minutes with the two scientists and the interviewer was interesting. The warming of the planet fits the story and so I have no problem with that narrative in this situation.

Its a video game. As long as the actors and story are well done, I was not bothered by the daughter being a quarter black. She did well. Also, she died and does not continue save for possible flashbacks.

Nothing about that first episode made me not want to continue watching the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
While I am not into making something political, I do like stories that have a semi-plausible notion. That first 3 minutes with the two scientists and the interviewer was interesting. The warming of the planet fits the story and so I have no problem with that narrative in this situation.

Its a video game. As long as the actors and story are well done, I was not bothered by the daughter being a quarter black. She did well. Also, she died and does not continue save for possible flashbacks.

Nothing about that first episode made me not want to continue watching the show.
It's not about her being black. It's about showrunners purposely picking a black actress for the role because she is black to replace an originally white character.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
For those of us who don't know the story or have played the game, this episode was confusing at times.
Sarah looking like she is wasted then a 20 year jump to more diversity led me to think Sarah was still alive just like at first I thought Jimmy( is that his name ) died when the plane part somehow flipped the truck but nope, everyone was fine except broken ankle.
The 20 year jump introduced new people without any of the pre 20 year flashback introductions. Led to it being a bit confusing.

To those who know the story/game no problem, the rest of us spent the 2nd half just trying to figure out who is who.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For those of us who don't know the story or have played the game, this episode was confusing at times.
Sarah looking like she is wasted then a 20 year jump to more diversity led me to think Sarah was still alive just like at first I thought Jimmy( is that his name ) died when the plane part somehow flipped the truck but nope, everyone was fine except broken ankle.
The 20 year jump introduced new people without any of the pre 20 year flashback introductions. Led to it being a bit confusing.

To those who know the story/game no problem, the rest of us spent the 2nd half just trying to figure out who is who.
thats how the game started

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
thats how the game started
I figured, but still many people have not played it so I feel the editing of that jump could have been better to explain the people. They did a good job with why what was going on was going on, but the who could have been smoother.

It looked pretty clear Sarah died, but then it jumped and there was enough diversity that Pedro knew and anyone of them could have been Sarah+20 years.
Could have either verified fully she was gone or had less Sarah clones running around.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They show Sarah dead in Joels arms. I don't see how that's confusing.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
They show Sarah dead in Joels arms. I don't see how that's confusing.
They show her screaming then he is hugging her and she is quiet. It is not said she is dead or just passed out. It is assumed yes, but then instant 20 year flash ahead and bunch of Sarah look alikes running around who know Pedo. It's easy to assume she is dead when you know the story but from the outside, no, it was not clear given the introduction of kangz.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They show her screaming then he is hugging her and she is quiet. It is not said she is dead or just passed out. It is assumed yes, but then instant 20 year flash ahead and bunch of Sarah look alikes running around who know Pedo. It's easy to assume she is dead when you know the story but from the outside, no, it was not clear given the introduction of kangz.
They show her going limp in his arms. But I do understand how introducing more kangz is confusing.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
She has the most punchable face.

Well it's so square you can't really miss it. Although the resident big brains would probably flap around aimlessly before collapsing of "vaxx induced cardiac arrest"

• 1Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife, who doesn’t game and had zero knowledge about it, followed along just fine with zero confusion. Maybe some of y’all are just stupid.

• 12Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, Serious?

How the hell do you think his daughter is alive after that scene? Her eyes were open but clearly not alive(That part was actually well done). He attempted to do everything he could to help her and then realizing she had passed on, picked her up and held her while crying. If she had still been alive, he would have still been trying to rescue her regardless of the known outcome.

Did you need a paramedic to come up and take her vitals?

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users