The Last of Us

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They need to give her a golden goose type of knowledge or ability. Say, she worked at a nuclear plant and has the door codes and the knowledge on how to keep the power on. Or, she has family connections to another faction that is supplying their food on a weekly basis. Or, she is married to the muscle that is keeping the rabble in order.

Dumb examples, but examples nonetheless. If she is just some salty, fat frumpster that took power because "she got attitude", its going to be a major writing-fail and a bad casting decision.
she looks 40ish? so that means she was around 20 when civilzation fell, not a lot of knowledge for not graduated college girl, so yea it'd have to be family connections.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They need to give her a golden goose type of knowledge or ability. Say, she worked at a nuclear plant and has the door codes and the knowledge on how to keep the power on. Or, she has family connections to another faction that is supplying their food on a weekly basis. Or, she is married to the muscle that is keeping the rabble in order.

Dumb examples, but examples nonetheless. If she is just some salty, fat frumpster that took power because "she got attitude", its going to be a major writing-fail and a bad casting decision.
I think it's pretty apparent she orchestrated and implemented the overthrow of Fedra because they killed her brother. I don't know why you guys think she's arbitrarily in power, she obviously did something that rallied everyone. I'm sure everyone wants Beardy McSpecOps to be the boss because he looks cooler, but if he's former military he's obviously more comfortable taking orders than giving them and she's HBIC because she earned it. I'm sure we'll get some huge monologue about it in the next episode, but boomer brains can't wait that long or put two and two together I guess.

• 1Ice Burn
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The fuck are you joggers talking about? She is obviously in power because she is a woman. Fucking duh.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Boss Baby GIF

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think it's pretty apparent she orchestrated and implemented the overthrow of Fedra because they killed her brother. I don't know why you guys think she's arbitrarily in power, she obviously did something that rallied everyone. I'm sure everyone wants Beardy McSpecOps to be the boss because he looks cooler, but if he's former military he's obviously more comfortable taking orders than giving them and she's HBIC because she earned it. I'm sure we'll get some huge monologue about it in the next episode, but boomer brains can't wait that long or put two and two together I guess.

Your reading comprehension is shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Show me where I didn't read that he didn't like the overweight lady being charge cuz overweight lady?

Outside of how retarded it is to "show you where you didn't read" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, he was giving examples where it would make sense for her to be in charge. And he's right, there needs to be a reason

Then you come in with your 45IQ "Who cares?? It's obviously something!!" which is a similar take only much, much dumber.

Your take on "Durr military can only follow orders they know nothing about survival and tactics" is idiotic, too

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Any chubby person in an apocalyptic setting is immediately suspect to me. Where you getting all that extra food and why don't I get some too?!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Outside of how retarded it is to "show you where you didn't read" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, he was giving examples where it would make sense for her to be in charge. And he's right, there needs to be a reason

Then you come in with your 45IQ "Who cares?? It's obviously something!!" which is a similar take only much, much dumber.

Your take on "Durr military can only follow orders they know nothing about survival and tactics" is idiotic, too
I get it. You saw the word boomer and got mad. Gotcha.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Any chubby person in an apocalyptic setting is immediately suspect to me. Where you getting all that extra food and why don't I get some too?!
Well that could be the point.

If I'm two decades into the apocalypse and bump into some lardass, either they have exceptional survival skills so I'm going to try to make friends with them or they're a cannibal so I'm going to try to make friends with them.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
She’s most definitely going to get capped next episode so she’s a minor character at best. I didn’t put any thought into who she was or why she’s in charge because it’s going to be inconsequential. Did she even have a name?

Juvarisx

Florida
Took a read around about why she is the leader of the hunters. I will spoiler it since its unknown what they will show when.

So according to the actress playing her, her brother who was captured and killed by FEDRA was the leader of the Hunters, and a very effectual one. Extrapolating on that, her brother would have given her a position of power, and she was the more ruthless one, able to kill whoever she needed to ie. the Doctor she killed the the last episode she suspected gave her brother up to FEDRA. Without her brother making smart informed decisions she is just left making terrible but ruthless ones, and while they followed his plan and won the fallout was worse. Her brothers absence will likely be the downfall of the group with some fun Bloater action instead of just silently escaping with Henry like the game.

Last edited:

Cybsled

People are acting like she has been in power for 20 years. If you look at the context, it’s only been months.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It really doesn’t matter how/why she took power. She could have won it in a fight to the death octagon match and it wouldn’t change the fact that when I see/hear her, all I can think of is whether I’m going to get in trouble for smuggling a peanut butter sandwich into the school cafeteria.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
It really doesn’t matter how/why she took power. She could have won it in a fight to the death octagon match and it wouldn’t change the fact that when I see/hear her, all I can think of is whether I’m going to get in trouble for smuggling a peanut butter sandwich into the school cafeteria.

Then you are getting and missing the point. She is horribly unqualified and makes idiotic decisions including not telling the men there is a fucking Bloater near their base. This group is total up shits creek because they put trust in someone they shouldnt have. For the sake of argument lets say they used Anna Torv (Tess) as the leader. She looks qualified, and has a presence that you would believe that people would follow her for her. That would work against what they are going for with this character. Look at my spoiler if you want to know more.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for an episode. The way she carries herself felt off to me. This could be more an acting/directing/casting issue. Or something else. I do appreciate the fact that it gets people talking instead of it being typical merc leader.

No I didn't read the spoiler. I bookmarked it and will read after the next episode if I don't get my answers then.

Oldbased

> Than U
Shut the fuck up 492300 and eat your slice of bread before we all suffer

• 1Worf