The Last of Us

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm only concerned due to the hamfisted approach to these characters, it's very possible they'll push diversity over quality of the game just to virtue signal. Just went from a must buy to wait and see.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'm sure there's some SJWs on board the dev team, but it doesn't seem that bad yet. Just looks like they were showing the contrast between Ellie trying to enjoy civilized life and putting claw hammers through people's faces.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure there's some SJWs on board the dev team, but it doesn't seem that bad yet. Just looks like they were showing the contrast between Ellie trying to enjoy civilized life and putting claw hammers through people's faces.
We only say a trailer in 2 parts; first part (story) was about showing Ellie as gay, second part (action) show the changes made to the encounter/combat systems (and how tough Ellie is to withstand getting hit in the head by a fucking sledgehammer wielded by someone twice her weight). I wouldn't be suprised if the enemy faction gets a long dialogue about how bad being gay is (like westboro bapist like).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You edited in that last sentence after I responded. Usually when you start a post with a line like "Great..." it's because you aren't happy about something.
Indeed, I am worried the story will focus too much on exploring Ellie sexuality, rather than the world at large. Yes, that last sentence popped into my head after I hit replay, so I put it because it made me laugh. As I said already, Ellie being gay doesn't matter to me, the story being used to virtue signal about being gay doesn't sit well with me considering how good the story was in the original. Wait and see.

Fedor

<Banned>

yeah it's probably just limited to some sjws on the dev team

vice president of naughty dog, director and writer of the last of us:

1480794572636.png

uncharted-4-kotaku.jpg

1520683859600.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Use vague qualifier like "kind of," check. Strong, positive verb like "empowered," check. Make sure it's their only clear objective or "top priority," check.

Or literally passive - aggressive dictatorship.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Core pillar in destroying your company's reputation.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Some of you guys get way too tilted by this shit. God forbid there is a gay character in your video game.

Ellie being gay is not a new development.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Some of you guys get way too tilted by this shit. God forbid there is a gay character in your video game.

No one cares. But you know what? I have never once seen a heterosexual couple making out in the beginning of a trailer then switch over to a killing spree. The only reason why it was in this trailer was because it was ham fisted in because of an agenda. That's what people are sick of. Sick of the idiotic narrative that we give a rats ass who you date. Because you know what? We don't. And like I said in a previous post, welcome to equality, no one cares about you or what you do anymore.

But that isn't going to be enough. Their illness is attention whoring and not knowing what to do if they fall out of the spotlight. Has nothing to do with their sexuality.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You seem to be the one hung up on it, honestly. People only give a shit about Ellie being gay if its being used to promote some progressive message, and that seems to be what they are willing to do here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Yea I'm the one who brought it up. That scene in the trailer is exactly like the scene I linked from the first game. There is nothing "SJW" about it. It's pretty standard character development. Some of you guys really need to get a grip.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I'm the one who brought it up. That scene in the trailer is exactly like the scene I linked from the first game. There is nothing "SJW" about it. It's pretty standard character development. Some of you guys really need to get a grip.
You're being dense. Out of all the possible story elements to focus on during a trailer, it was one about Ellie being gay, if you think that doesn't scream SJW, then you're just willfully missing it. Especially given what has been posted here about the studio wanting to promote a progressive agenda. That scene, when encountered in the actual game could come across MUCH more naturally (maybe), but seeing how they picked that scene intentionally just makes it obvious this is what they want to promote.

• 2Like

Khane

Yea we get it Zindan. You don't want gay people in your video game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The kissing scene was clearly there to show a juxtaposition to Ellie committing graphic violence. I really didn't get a preachy vibe at all. Ellie being gay is old news.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
These are American games, graphic violence is expected. But you show one titty...

• 2Like

Khane

And to show that somewhere between the last game and the current timeline things have gotten normal enough that she's been able to find and make friends and even hang out in a bar and find a somewhat "normal" existence. Saying it's hamfisted is being completely insincere.

• 2Like

Khane

No I get it. It just seems you've maybe spent too much time on certain parts of these forums and have forgotten how storytelling works. This is an established part of her character and there is much more going on in that scene than just her kissing another woman. But you're ignoring all that because "Wahh wahh she's gay"

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wait till the DLC comes out showing that Joel is a pansexual tranny.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No I get it. It just seems you've maybe spent too much time on certain parts of these forums and have forgotten how storytelling works. This is an established part of her character and there is much more going on in that scene than just her kissing another woman. But you're ignoring all that because "Wahh wahh she's gay"

Then give us context for the scene as it plays out. Again, no one cares she is gay. People are sick of their progressive agenda making it seem like we still care when we don't. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if we do not even see that scene in the retail launch and it was made specifically for this trailer. Then what would be your stance?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user