The Last of Us

Fadaar

That guy
can yall faggots just appreciate lesbians that don't look like the majority of real-life lesbians

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The kissing scene was clearly there to show a juxtaposition to Ellie committing graphic violence. I really didn't get a preachy vibe at all. Ellie being gay is old news.
This is what I saw. Civilization vs chaos. Maybe I'm just not woke enough to see it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're not carrying that torch very well and the more you post the more I'm sure you're exactly what I suspect. That interview dispels your concerns, did you bother to continue reading after that innocuous little snippet you originally linked?

Fleeting sense of normalcy. What's shown in the trailer is likely all we'll see of that side of her. Words directly from the co-writer's mouth.
Eh, think what you want, that is on you. Sure, I read the article, we'll just have to wait and see how they handle the story.

Cybsled

If it follows the same thematic structure as TLOU1, then I have a feeling the dance scene will end up being her "Joel before the outbreak" scene. In order to explain a character's motivations or explore a certain arc of character development, it does help a lot to have a window into why someone is the way they are and why they act a certain way if you plan to develop the story in such a way where it directly addresses explanation of personality.

So in part 1, we don't spend much time with Joel, but we are introduced to the fact that a) he has a brother who cares enough for him to run to help when the outbreak starts and puts his life on the line to protect Joel and his daughter b) he has a daughter he cares for a lot and she ends up dying. Both of these elements directly tie into the story that gets explored in TLOU and how Joel develops. By the end of the story, he has basically "healed" that initial trauma as much as can be expected.

Assuming the prior teaser trailers are actually story components, it looks like something bad happens to the community Ellie is with. I wouldn't be surprised if the girl from the e3 demo ends up dying. Or as a plot twist, she betrays Ellie. The other teaser trailer showed a cult-like group, so maybe the connective tissue is the cult group has a hand in destroying the community. Ultimately you need a trigger to begin Ellie's rampage/hero journey, but the end of that journey will more than likely end up tying back to the elements explored during the peaceful period.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kissing scene is obvious "memories of good ol times" transition to slowly slitting a guys throat

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I trust Naughty Dog to deliver an awesome game, like they always do regardless of Ellie's sexual orientation.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm on the fence with this one. I didn't play the first one until I had a PS4 which was just last year.

The gameplay was just okay but the storytelling and world building/journals and stuff was insanely well done. If there's more of that kind of quality I would enjoy it.

Fedor

<Banned>
A Westworld Actress Says Fans Keep 'Mansplaining' the Show to Her

Shannon-Woodward-Joins-The-Last-of-Us-2.jpg

someone should mansplain why they gave her a big jew nose in the game

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fstory%2Fthumbnail%2F76106%2F97f613fe-9cf8-4f5f-bd63-21910dc3ddbd.png

lhyDnZX.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
OJ5lrga.png

seems to be a leak of the release date, 2/28/20. Interestingly Final Fantasy VII:R is schedule for March 4th, I really doubt Sony will push two of their final big PS4 games like that back to back so either TLOU2 date is fake or FF7 is being pushed back.

i haven't watched any TLOu2 trailers, while I will for sure buy the game I'm not that excited about it tbh. I hope its just the shitty video games media making such a big deal of Ellie lezzing out, and in game thats not the focus of the entire story

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
OJ5lrga.png

seems to be a leak of the release date, 2/28/20. Interestingly Final Fantasy VII:R is schedule for March 4th, I really doubt Sony will push two of their final big PS4 games like that back to back so either TLOU2 date is fake or FF7 is being pushed back.

i haven't watched any TLOu2 trailers, while I will for sure buy the game I'm not that excited about it tbh. I hope its just the shitty video games media making such a big deal of Ellie lezzing out, and in game thats not the focus of the entire story
ff7:re is 3/3/20 at least for America

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

$249 lol

48789487298_85ae961f41_h.jpg
does this mean PS4 is truly dead when TLOU2 is released? cuz thats what signaled the death of the PS3

fucking hell, i'm tired of buying consoles, actually now that sony has a good naming strat, playstation is the only console brand i have the entire line up on.

you know what? my ps1 and ps2 are still being used as DDR machines

the pre-order isn't on amazon yet, i don't use preorders as a way to support game devs, or get in on special shit, pre orders for games on amazon just means the next day it'll drop in my mail and i'll be like, oh, i guess i'll play it then, no way to keep track of these release dates.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I wonder if you can choose to play as either or they force you to play Ellie and have Joel follow this time.