The Last of Us

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watch TLoU story via youtube, I wasn't paying money for this franchise before we knew it would GoT.

Be interesting to see how low the twitch numbers will be for the sequel.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Many of you sound like people who read the first tome of A Song of Ice and Fire, heard about the Red Wedding and decided to not buy or read tome 2 (though that might be a good choice for a number of other reasons :D )

It is an age old narrative device to have plot points that infuriate the audience. Normally though, if you discover it while reading/watching/playing/spectating you are captive and/or invested enough to curse the author, but still go further and see the story to its conclusion. If the story is good, when the dust settles, you come to see that the crisis/destruction/twist you hated allowed for new themes/characters/events to flourish and that it was worth it in the end. With spoilers, you are robbed of this emotional roller-coaster and since you get the negative reaction without the investment, its easier to opt out and not get to see if it was worth it in the end. And again, even with a full synopsis, it's almost impossible to know, because the empathy that is built over time is not there in cliffs notes or in a handful of cut scenes taken from a 15 hours narrative.

Yawn.

GoT is some of the best writing in the last several decades. The build up to the Red Wedding is more intricate than every story Neil has written in his entire life. It wasn't a cheap trick to "subvert expectations" or a ploy to see if alienated readers would stick around. It certainly wasn't some ham fisted political statement. It was a planned event to move a much larger narrative forward that had a real payoff for even those who were angered by the scene. We already know for a fact that this game contains none of those redeeming qualities.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So is it a trannie or not? I really need to know my level of outrage.

It sure looks like a trannie.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
So is it a trannie or not? I really need to know my level of outrage.

It sure looks like a trannie.

I mean it's either a tranny or it's a woman with the body of Channing Tatum and the face of Channing Tatum.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
joel2.gif

• 27Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 31 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Many of you sound like people who read the first tome of A Song of Ice and Fire, heard about the Red Wedding and decided to not buy or read tome 2 (though that might be a good choice for a number of other reasons :D )

It is an age old narrative device to have plot points that infuriate the audience. Normally though, if you discover it while reading/watching/playing/spectating you are captive and/or invested enough to curse the author, but still go further and see the story to its conclusion. If the story is good, when the dust settles, you come to see that the crisis/destruction/twist you hated allowed for new themes/characters/events to flourish and that it was worth it in the end. With spoilers, you are robbed of this emotional roller-coaster and since you get the negative reaction without the investment, its easier to opt out and not get to see if it was worth it in the end. And again, even with a full synopsis, it's almost impossible to know, because the empathy that is built over time is not there in cliffs notes or in a handful of cut scenes taken from a 15 hours narrative.

No, you just have shitty taste

• 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It is an age old narrative device to have plot points that infuriate the audience.
Sure, but this doesn't work in a video game where the player is an active participant, rather than just a member of the audience.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ending Goldberg's undefeated streak with a cattle prod was far gayer.

He was still mega over with the fans and his merch sales were through the roof. There was no reason to end his streak.

Unless you were Kevin Nash of course and just got the book.