The Last of Us

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I enjoyed the original like I enjoyed Witcher 3 -- as a good story-driven game. Gameplay was merely passable.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Stealth parts against infected were fun, fighting humans was awful. TLoU2 seems like it will have even more human fighting

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
TloU really stuck with me, because the story and the way they presented the world was just very helpless and dark, and well written. As I said previously, it's one of the great games that I found myself wanting to be done with (compared to this new HL: Alyx game where I never want it to end). The gameplay was "ok" but it was a massive pain on a higher difficulty, and not a ton of room for error. Pivot over to Uncharted 2, where the story and characters are also just an absolute blast, and the gameplay although similar, was just a lot more "fun" due to the set pieces and how it fit in the world.

I like TLoU but I couldn't quite put it in that realm of best games I've ever played - Bioshock, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Halo, Half-Life (both), GTA IV, Mass Effect 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn etc

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
that is fascinating that trailer doesn't seem to show abbie (?) at all, if i didn't know the spoilers and watched that trailer i'd think the game is like 100% ellie. talk about super misleading.

the first week release of this game is gonna be super fun and fascinating, i can't wait to see the twitch streams and stuff, i might just turn on twitch chat just to see the emotes. i hope DrDisrespect plays it lol

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
I doubt he will unless it's purely for the views, controls (unless they really improved from the original) would likely see him rage quit

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Comments turned off. Misleading trailer to make people think the game actually is about ellie when its about the Tranbo.

This will end well.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I definitely fall into the boat of one of the people that thought TLOU's hype was way overblown. Story was good but the gameplay sucked ass. I didn't even use guns 95% of the game, just beat everyone to death.
You do realize that it was a stealth game, not Uncharted: Zombie Edition? Aside from the handful of unavoidable bits of combat, I stealth killed (or just stealthed past) everything in the game. Not including the very endgame of course, as that's why the flamethrower exists.

Not saying the stealth gameplay was perfect or anything, but it was vastly better than trying to play it like a shooter.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You do realize that it was a stealth game, not Uncharted: Zombie Edition? Aside from the handful of unavoidable bits of combat, I stealth killed (or just stealthed past) everything in the game. Not including the very endgame of course, as that's why the flamethrower exists.

Not saying the stealth gameplay was perfect or anything, but it was vastly better than trying to play it like a shooter.
Sure.but that doesnt make the gameplay nonshitty

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Sure.but that doesnt make the gameplay nonshitty

That's like reviewing Limbo and saying it is shitty because the gameplay wasn't Team Ninja'esque combat. It wasn't that type of game. It was fantastic for what is was. "Yo this pizza sucks because it isn't prime rib!"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So are you saying the game is one of those "not good gameplay" games? I played it the way it was meant to play and didnt think the gameplay was good

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So are you saying the game is one of those "not good gameplay" games? I played it the way it was meant to play and didnt think the gameplay was good
We all know you not liking something means it’s amazing. Never seen somebody with such consistently shitty taste across pretty much everything

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We all know you not liking something means it’s amazing. Never seen somebody with such consistently shitty taste across pretty much everything

Isn't this title held by like 5 people on these boards?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm sorry but putting lettuce on a burger is at least better than TLOUs abysmal gameplay

No one has ever convinced me that TLOU actually has decent gameplay. They always mention story or cinematics. So prove me wrong, which parts of the gameplay are good.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You admit the game has an incredible story but its still a bad game somehow?

Gameplay = average
Story = superior
Graphics = above average (for its time)

The aggregate can't be anything lower than average.

Your position is just some dumb "I can't be pleased" bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So weird that gamers would expect good "gameplay" in a video "game" and would judge a game based on that metric. If I want emotion I'll watch the Hallmark Channel or a Twilight marathon.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You admit the game has an incredible story but its still a bad game somehow?

Gameplay = average
Story = superior
Graphics = above average (for its time)

The aggregate can't be anything lower than average.

Your position is just some dumb "I can't be pleased" bullshit.
I play video games for good games. I read.books for good stories.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users