The Last of Us

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also if you get yourself into a pickle where you've got a bunch of guys with guns aggro'd to you...remember you can sprint away and sometimes if you get out of line of sight and hide behind something they break off pursuit. Or make sure to run back into an area where they're bottleneck coming after you and light them up with a molotov, bomb, or straight gunfire. Had to do this in the area outside Pittsburgh where
You get ambushed in the truck by the faggot brigands

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Love this game not had much free time so not that far in, but easily best game I played in a while. The perfect split of gameplay/story telling without one overpowering the other. So many games get this part wrong it is either way OTT on cutscene and story with bits of gameplay everynow and then, or there is no story what so ever and you run around aimlessly doing what ever you like for no real purpose.

Only two downside for me and they are only minor is that so far it does not appear to reward going off the path and checking every corner/house/field but this I think is linked to the other downside that the game is to easy even on hard, so when you do go off wondering all you find a few more mats to make bombs/weapons/first aid kits, but as the game is easy you don't really need to use these items to progress combined with the limited inventory space you end up leaving most finds behind.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I don't want to spoil anything but the next time you run into one is probably biggest pant's shitting moment in modern gaming IMO.
Encountered the second one. Holy fuckshit. When I saw everything come at me, I ran for the hills because I knew where to go from exploring first. That was probably the scariest moment thus far -- second bloater.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Encountered the second one. Holy fuckshit. When I saw everything come at me, I ran for the hills because I knew where to go from exploring first. That was probably the scariest moment thus far -- second bloater.
Heh, just wait - it's a long ways off but there's eventually a spot with 3-4. Thankfully I'd refined my strat with them enough that it was no problem - but you absolutely need to learn how to trivialize them eventually. I can't imagine how I could've handled them without some trivialization techniques for there.

And beat it finally last night (on Hard) - superb game through and through - only disappointment is how bone shatteringly difficult some of the trophying is - I was searching every corner and only managed 99/141 on collections for example, thought I had every conversation, etc - usually can get away without using trophy guides too much, but looks like I'll need this one all the way through... ><

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are there any plans to port this to PS4? I have an extremely hard time justifying spending 360$(don't own a PS3)on one video game. The reviews for this have me insanely intrigued.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Are there any plans to port this to PS4? I have an extremely hard time justifying spending 360$(don't own a PS3)on one video game. The reviews for this have me insanely intrigued.
If they we're doing it, it would be a few years down the line I'd imagine on PSN as a ps3 classic.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There have been deals for $200 where you get the first 2 uncharted and the 2 infamous games bundled in. It's way more than just one video game, there are many great exclusives on the PS3.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No whispers of it that I've seen - and would fit Naughty Dog philosophy of sticking to a single console - all their ports have been done by a second party to my knowledge. That said the Gaikai cloud thing will likely do PS+ and "Best of PS3" titles first - so probably would come around within a year or two post launch as playable on PS4 in some means.

Some specialty stores might still rent out systems however as a cheap "today" style option. But there is a ton of value to be had in a PS3 however with PS+ alone. (Just the $300 PS3 with 12 month PS+ sub effectively comes with over a half dozen top AAA titles immediately and another 24 or so before it would lapse [almost every month has at least 2 games - many have 3 - and this month actually had 6 - so that's a lowball figure])

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I skimmed the first few words of all the posts as I haven't beaten this yet and didn't want it spoiled. I didn't see this posted yet - anyone noticeDan from Deadwoodplays Bill in this game? I fucking love it.

rrr_img_32018.jpg

nu_11

finished the game. got damn, naughty gods. 9/10 for me. minus one point because of performance issues (used to pc smoothness)

i think my disc has an error for the last movie involving
elevator scene

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
the dystopian environments look great but I still get the initial feeling that this is one in a long line of games that are adopting themes that I think were first masterfully brought into the genre with HL2.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up buying it last night and she loves it. I'll play it when she finishes it.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
the dystopian environments look great but I still get the initial feeling that this is one in a long line of games that are adopting themes that I think were first masterfully brought into the genre with HL2.
Which is completely fine as long as they are all as well done as this one.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Question for you guys. My girlfriend is a huuuuuge Uncharted fan.. so much so that we have a framed (yes, framed) poster of Uncharted 3 in our living room. We had to get the collectors edition leather bound strategy guide after she had beaten the game. She really loved the story and solving the puzzles. She's not great at shooting, but she beat all 3 games so she's not too derpy derp. Only trouble she had was in Uncharted 1 with all those mutant things fucking her up at the end of the game (she didn't know the objective was to just run, she tried to eliminate them all). I have no idea what this game is about or how it plays, but will she possibly enjoy it? If it's constant action she might have trouble, but if it were slightly similar to uncharted in any way I'm sure she'd love it.
i don't know about uncharted, but i bought the last of us for my wife, i popped it in for 10mins to make sure she'd like, i showed her the 10/10 reviews all over, i showed her the intro scene and she was hooked. now she's been gaming since 7, mostly platformers/all the final fantasies and we were the mt/healer of the dominating guild on our eq2 server for 2 years. (along with playing every psp/ds game) she just can't handle fps (the first person view) or horror (she watches me play dead space/resident evil 4) I mean it was great, we played the game together over the weekend, she'd explore have her game OCD and collect everything, and upgrade whatever... she'd stealth and shiv a few guys snipe a few and when you knew/felt the scene was gonna get hectic or you was gonna get zerged, she'd give the controller and i'd just run in there all melee bashing (i love the brick, for melee hits).

We literally played the game taking turns and it was great... yes we played on easy, we're old now and don't have the time to fail... besides it was more about the story and journey that joel and ellie took you on.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is an issue with some ps3's that makes the game bug out at the prologue where the little girl gets in the jeep with the 2 men. They suddenly stand up in the jeep and then you cannot progress. I found you could pause it for a hella long time to get past it, but there are still sound glitches and graphic glitches throughout. I think it is related to some hard drive issue that only affects a small number of people of which I am unfortunately one. I am going to test a fast 10k raptor drive later tonight once I get a sata extension cable to plug it in with. I have to admit though.. this was the best game intro of any game I have ever seen.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This arrived via UPS on release day, but I haven't yet had a chance to play. Hopefully this weekend will free up a little time for me.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Beat the game finally. Damned beautiful game. Only thing I hated was that the video would go darker for no reason in the same area. One little nitpick was that the fungal infection did not affect animals which is bizarre since fungus will infect anything.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well, there are carrier monkeys at one point, but they're not symptomatic. My assumption is just that the human brain has something unique that the fungus latches on to and mutates/feeds from.

I'm sure the real reason is that it's hard as fuck to incorporate animal enemies that don't bite you, and so many enemy types killing Joel in one hit would not have been very fun.