The Last of Us

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
NaughtyDog is also the creator of the absolutely amazing 3DO title "Way of the Warrior" (refer to my amazing avatar).
Ahahah. Oh man. It's awesome(but in the "How did this ever get made?" kind of way). I remember being so stoked for that game and when my brother and I got it when it came out, it was such a tragedy.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I highly recommend playing the Uncharted series if you liked this game. The first Uncharted is still worth playing, it starts out slow but ramps up. Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite video games of all time.

There is much more platforming and puzzle solving in Uncharted, anyone calling these games just a cover shooter is a moron. Shooting is easier in Uncharted, but you can stealth kill plenty fine. One of the great things about the gameplay is you can choose multiple ways to handle areas and I love the attention to detail they give every set piece.

The game series is more of a modern day Indiana Jones, hunting for archaeological treasure with some supernatural elements. I guess Tomb Raider, but with likable characters. Sully is a boss.

There are double packs for the first 2 uncharted games, I've seen them as low as $15 in a Walmart game bin.

Naughty Dog does amazing work.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
as in all stealth games, enemies are blind as bats and completely deaf to anything quieter than a gun shot. You can perform stealth kills that make a lot of sound right behind someone but it's considered a stealth kill therefore he won't turn around to see what's causing all those hnnnrrkkks and shuffling. But if they notice you, no questions asked, just lighting up instantly.

This game felt a bit like Manhunt on those parts. The story is amazing and so are the graphics and voice acting, but something in me can never truly enjoy the state that "stealth gameplay" is currently in.
Heh, yeah, I definitely agree that what passes for stealth is a pretty low bar to clear. I've just started playing Deus Ex Human Revolution and it's hilarious how often I can murder a guy only about 10 feet behind another one and then drag his body out of the way without the living guy being the least bit suspicious.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I enjoy this game a lot, but that won't make me go back and attempt to play the shit-slug fest that Uncharted was to me =p

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I really couldnt get into the uncharted series. I bought all 3 as a bundle, and got to the part in the first one once the Yeti/mutated human things showed up and just gave up. The sequence of "jump puzzle area-jump puzzle area-FIND THE SWITCH-SHOOT THE GUYS-jump puzzle area-jump puzzle area" was killing me and the story didn't really have enough grab to keep my attention.

This game has no problem keeping me interested.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So would increasing the listen mode radius be a good skill to upgrade? Haven't really had a problem with weapon sway so far and I really really dont like mofo's getting the drop on me. Games like this make my anxiety sky rocket so I am constantly toggling listen mode like a bitch. Can anyone confirm a noticable improvement with the upgrade?

Sean_sl

shitlord
So would increasing the listen mode radius be a good skill to upgrade? Haven't really had a problem with weapon sway so far and I really really dont like mofo's getting the drop on me. Games like this make my anxiety sky rocket so I am constantly toggling listen mode like a bitch. Can anyone confirm a noticable improvement with the upgrade?
There's a pretty massive range increase from upgrading it all the way. Even grabbing the first tier of it is a very noticeable boost.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
So you're bad at this game...got it.

If you haven't played the game, gtfo.

If you bought it and are throwing a bitch fit, return it, and gtfo.
Don't be such a little bitch. Do you work for the company or something? I see you're playing the "you don't like a game, you must suck at it" card. That's right, I scour the Internet for obscure websites, join them, and then post about games I don't like. There isn't even the off-chance that, you know, like 99% of the people on this site, I've been playing games seriously for my entire adult life.

I am playing the game. I like the art. I like the music. I think the narrative is okay. But the gameplay is boring and mostly crap. Talking about this game like it is some huge accomplishment in gaming is a joke. Goty? That's a joke too. I could name any number of games with more nuanced, interesting, well-developed, smooth, challenging, and intriguing gameplay. That's basically all I'm saying. I think rating games like this as highly as this one has been rated reflects a shift in gaming away from the things that I value and prioritize. What's the point of playing a game when the gameplay sucks? I'd rather read a book, watch a movie, or do some other medium-specific recreation.

This game is hollow at the heart of what makes a good game good.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah the listening perk was quite worth it.. the only real perk i regretted getting was the shiv the clickers when you get grabbed perk.
Listening is awesome, health is awesome, sway is awesome. The rest can S mah D.

Just finished it, pretty darn good game! I was getting antsy to finish it by the end though kind of just... "hurry up god damnit, so i can find out what happens!" feeling.

Most likely would never replay through it again though.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Is this game really dark for anyone else, or is it just my TV? I had to turn up the brightness on my TV to literally see anything, and that was maxed brightness in the game.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Is this game really dark for anyone else, or is it just my TV? I had to turn up the brightness on my TV to literally see anything, and that was maxed brightness in the game.
Didn't have that issue at all. Some areas are purposely super dark and require flashlight usage and spore areas are really "foggy", but I assume you're talking about more than just those.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Don't be such a little bitch. Do you work for the company or something? I see you're playing the "you don't like a game, you must suck at it" card. That's right, I scour the Internet for obscure websites, join them, and then post about games I don't like. There isn't even the off-chance that, you know, like 99% of the people on this site, I've been playing games seriously for my entire adult life.

I am playing the game. I like the art. I like the music. I think the narrative is okay. But the gameplay is boring and mostly crap. Talking about this game like it is some huge accomplishment in gaming is a joke. Goty? That's a joke too. I could name any number of games with more nuanced, interesting, well-developed, smooth, challenging, and intriguing gameplay. That's basically all I'm saying. I think rating games like this as highly as this one has been rated reflects a shift in gaming away from the things that I value and prioritize. What's the point of playing a game when the gameplay sucks? I'd rather read a book, watch a movie, or do some other medium-specific recreation.

What game in 2013 so far would be GOTY for you? Please list your top 3 or 5.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Didn't have that issue at all. Some areas are purposely super dark and require flashlight usage and spore areas are really "foggy", but I assume you're talking about more than just those.
Yeah, I literally could not see *anything* when I played in the very beginning as the daughter. Freaking died carrying her, lol.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider

rrr_img_31369.jpg

Dalien

Registered Hodor
There are double packs for the first 2 uncharted games, I've seen them as low as $15 in a Walmart game bin.
Yeah, when I went to pick up The Last of Us at Gamestop they had the Uncharted 1+2 bundle for $15 (new). Picked them up as well on impulse because for $15, why the hell not.

At about 50% through The Last of Us and just noticed something that is guaranteed to help out anyone having problems with aiming. In the options menu (under gameplay I believe) there's an option for aim assist that is off by default. After turning it on it seriously makes aiming 100x easier. As long as you're targeting somewhere near an enemy it will snap to them when you hit L1.

Great game so far, can't wait to finish it.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
In the options menu (under gameplay I believe) there's an option for aim assist that is off by default. After turning it on it seriously makes aiming 100x easier. As long as you're targeting somewhere near an enemy it will snap to them when you hit L1.
Hmm. Aiming hasn't been a huge problem for me, but I absolutely hate shooters and aiming with a controller. Does it snap like when
you get caught in the snare trap and you're hanging upside down while shooting the runners that are coming for you?