The Last of Us

Cybsled

He probably does, but they wrote themselves into a corner by leaving TLOU2 open ended, so they have no choice but to bring Ellie back. Fuck, they’ll probably Joel her in the first 10 minutes and then the game is just Abby and Lev.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How is it open ended exactly? Ellie is destroyed on every level. Not sure how Tommy takes a shot to the face and lives, but I guess. The only path forward is Tranbros Firefly Restart, which I am sure is what Druckmann was heading towards from the outset. Him retconning Ellie as gay in the DLC was basically his stab in the tranny protagonist direction. Roided out Man She is what he wanted all along and now its all thats left.

Cybsled

Open ended in sense that there is no real conclusion to Ellie or Abby’s characters. Ellie wanders off into the woods, maybe to try to mend shit with Dina? Who knows?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm ok with the occasional serious or even depressing game/movie whatever, but generally prefer stuff that's fun to watch or play. But this sounds like a beautiful but miserable and unfulfilling journey the entire time.

The original was heavy sure, but there was great, fun, even lighthearted moments. From the giraffe scene everyone brings up, to the ridiculous joke book full of puns. This sounds more like a 2020 disaster movie, with an 'artsy' unfulfilling ending. /puke

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

This game does have some nice moments. The flashback where Joel takes Ellie to a science museum and she plays astronaut was fantastic. In fact, the greatest tragedy in the game is probably familiar to any parent with teenagers: eventually they hit an age where they want less to do with you and as a parent you try to find common connections, but it can come across as awkward and further alienates them sometimes. The flashback story of a Ellie drifting away from Joel and eventually finding out what happened and that creating a rift, then shortly before he dies he sticks to his guns about he would do it all over again and Ellie says she can’t forgive him, but would like to try, was powerful stuff. She’ll never get that chance and in part that is what drives her revenge: she hurt her father figure and never got to fully heal that, so not only was he taken from her, but the chance to mend that relationship. She’s mad at someone for doing that, but in part because she is mad at herself, which amplified everything. There was some great nucleus of story and narrative structure there, they just fucked up in the telling and straying from that too much.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
am i the only one actually playing the game?

so far i've played 2 hours a night, so far i'm still on lesbian revenge quest, this time tho, young asian man that got ellies jew lesbo bitch preggers has joined the fun...

and he's gone

i've spec'd my ellie to be a bow/ninja

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

so far i've played 2 hours a night, so far i'm still on lesbian revenge quest, this time tho, young asian man that got ellies jew lesbo bitch preggers has joined the fun...

and he's gone

Just my wife. She hates it though so she's going really slow.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm

and he's gone

i honestly thought there'd be more cucks like you here playing the game

guess it's just you

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought about cancelling my pre-order when Troy Baker started getting ahead of the shit storm, because he was probably the main reason the first one (and Bioshock Inf) was good. Dude knew what was coming. The second the leak happened, I cancelled immediately. I refuse to ever give ND any more money, between the last Uncharted and this disaster. I know the entire game story because I have followed the leaks closely, mostly because it is funny and good ammo for redpilling people to GG.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Edit- To clarify, I used to pre-order things whenever I was hyped and liked previous installments. Andromeda cured me of that on the gaming front and Last Jedi made sure I will never go see a day one movie premiere ever again, and mind you I sometimes enjoy shitty movies. Wokeness has done what no one though possible; eliminated impulse buying in lazy white people with lots of disposable income.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I never preordered it, but at this point, I'm not sure I'll even bother if it's free on PS+. All the story shit aside, the fact that the gameplay itself seems to be even more repetitive than the last game, leaves me with little interest. This whole thing has been the greatest gaming disappointment in at least the last 10 years, for me.

I don't know if this was shared already, but this was a good review:

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Biggest launch for any PS4 game, as far as concurrent players:

• 1WTF

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did Game of Thrones, really the books, do subverting expectations? I know Martin made comments about why the Red Wedding has to happen, but the message I got was personal honor and being rigid morally always led you to a bad time if you weren’t willing to be selfish sometimes or make cruel political decisions. I thought it was a lesson in survival of the fittest until later seasons when book material ran out.

Subverting expectations for the heroes journey would have been killing elie and watching Joel go Rambo on tranny clan until he realized he had lost something again. I just don’t know how that ends. Maybe suicide? I’d been ok with him putting a bullet in tranny then walking off as a broken man.

Unfortunately, I’m a sucker for the trope of torturing a just and virtuous man to the point he become what he fought against and ends up a broken anti-hero. Probably why I sorta root for the joker to finally push it one step too far in Batman stories.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well right out of the gate he killed Ned Stark in the first outing, a character everyone liked and assumed was going to be the primary protagonist in the whole series. He just did not know when to stop and by now _not_ subverting expectations would actually be subverting them. In his actual written material (not the show) I think pretty much its just good guys and likable characters getting shit on and/or murdered the whole way through.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Avenging the father was the trope he went after by the red wedding.

• 1Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider

and he's gone

I'm playing the game, but sort of trying to avoid this thread so I don't spoiler myself too much. I play 2-3 hours a night, but its not every night. I'm in Seattle on day two, so no Jesse yet for me. Dina is back at the Theater for all I know. I definitely go more towards stealth in these games as running in guns blazing is a sure death sentence for me. Early on in Day two where you fight dogs for the first time, I killed 3 of the 4 dogs and all the guys with 2 trap bombs and 3 silencer shots I think (knifing the rest) but then blew all but one of my remaining pistol rounds trying to kill the last dog that charged me. I am not good at fast aiming and shooting in this game.

I know the story will go to shit eventually, but for now, I am just enjoying the story (so far), the gameplay, and the environment. My big gripe is that I cannot find a goddamn melee weapon anywhere. I had an upgraded pipe for like all of seattle day one but it finally broke and I can't find another one. No enemies drop one and I search every building, but nada. I'm playing on Hard btw, not even survivor. Completely full on revolver rounds because I hate that gun, 7 or 8 shots for my rifle, 3 for my shotgun, and 1 now for my pistol. I need that bow. I was in the house of that champion archer Boris, but haven't found a bow to use yet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm playing the game, but sort of trying to avoid this thread so I don't spoiler myself too much. I play 2-3 hours a night, but its not every night. I'm in Seattle on day two, so no Jesse yet for me. Dina is back at the Theater for all I know. I definitely go more towards stealth in these games as running in guns blazing is a sure death sentence for me. Early on in Day two where you fight dogs for the first time, I killed 3 of the 4 dogs and all the guys with 2 trap bombs and 3 silencer shots I think (knifing the rest) but then blew all but one of my remaining pistol rounds trying to kill the last dog that charged me. I am not good at fast aiming and shooting in this game.

I know the story will go to shit eventually, but for now, I am just enjoying the story (so far), the gameplay, and the environment. My big gripe is that I cannot find a goddamn melee weapon anywhere. I had an upgraded pipe for like all of seattle day one but it finally broke and I can't find another one. No enemies drop one and I search every building, but nada. I'm playing on Hard btw, not even survivor. Completely full on revolver rounds because I hate that gun, 7 or 8 shots for my rifle, 3 for my shotgun, and 1 now for my pistol. I need that bow. I was in the house of that champion archer Boris, but haven't found a bow to use yet.
yea the dogs are annoying as shit, i have no idea why i see ppl feeling sad about the dog QTE killing, fuck them dogs

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea the dogs are annoying as shit, i have no idea why i see ppl feeling sad about the dog QTE killing, fuck them dogs

Yeah stuff like that doesn't affect me. Probably because my own dog pissed all over the floor last night while I was putting his leash on him to take him out to pee.
I prefer to set a trap that I know the dog and handler will walk right into while following my scent and then low crawl to the other side of the street so everyone runs to the explosion and then I can molotov them or something along those lines. I definitely prefer no direct engagement if I can manage it. I haven't really had to dodge attacks yet, so not much practice there.