The Last of Us

Cybsled

Like others have stated, TLOU2 sales are primary pushed by TLOU1. If TLOU3 came out and did bad sales, that would be a strong indication the general public didn’t like part 2.

Trade in data (if available) would be a strong indicator as well. Trade in value depreciation is a good benchmark to use also, since trade in value tends to fall when there a glut of product and if this happens closer to the release of the title, it’s a red flag on the perceived reception of the title.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Smart collectors edition purchases can be a good investment, the problem is trying to identify those. A vanilla WoW CE goes for a fuckload.
That's if you don't open the game and hold onto it mint. 99% of the people buying that garbage are doing it because they want to decorate their desks and homes with the little dolls and toys they come with because they're sad little manchildren.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The soundtracks and art books were usually the draw for me, although now they are much better at making soundtracks available for sale on iTunes/amazon/etc now, which diluted the appeal. Only music i really enjoy is game OST and movie soundtracks (not the songs, the actual musical score).

• 2WTF

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
come November, Cyberpunk is gonna tear this tranny propaganda to pieces by getting to 4 mil in 24 hrs. Cuckmann is gonna go full Kurt Cobain and off himself and thus all will be well again
Doubt it. It's being released right around the time of the new consoles, and Cyberpunk 2077 won't be released for the new consoles until 2021. Even if they offer a free upgrade to people who buy it on PS4/XBONE, I don't see people jonsing to play it on their under-powered current gen systems.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Only music i really enjoy is game OST and movie soundtracks (not the songs, the actual musical score).
Ik0X.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Oh noes, I like classical music! Go listen to your whiny shit you call music.

• 2Salty

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
come November, Cyberpunk is gonna tear this tranny propaganda to pieces by getting to 4 mil in 24 hrs. Cuckmann is gonna go full Kurt Cobain and off himself and thus all will be well again
Many games already destroy tlou2 sales numbers. It’s a record only for PlayStation exclusive games.

Edit: maybe I’m thinking there were more than there actually was. GTAV destroyed everything by a wide margin though. Animal crossing sold almost 12 million in 11 days

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

My Jesus fucking christ was more directed at you joy of video game artwork books found in Collector's Editions

I’m interested in world building and production/art design elements, because it used to help with writing fiction.

• 1Like

Cybsled

She is less whiny than crap like Linkin Park at least. They win the whiny band award to be sure lol

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
She is less whiny than crap like Linkin Park at least. They win the whiny band award to be sure lol
To be fair to Linkin Park, the singer hung himself a few years back, so yes "whiny", but at least he practiced what he preached, unlike the millions of panty-sniffers who whine about SJW content in their games and still cough up their money for garbage like TLOU2.

• 1Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>
god dammit, now i'm back to tranny quest and i just play it like a fucking brawler, the tranny is so powerful i just run up to humans and just smash, it makes ellie seem so weak.
Is there any in-game explanation of why she's so over-the-top muscular?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok... just got through one night at trannyville

my wife says those are weird boobs, i say cuz it's a tranny all this time, she's like, can't be. so she googles and she says naughty dog says it's a girl...

wtf?

(i've been media silent about this so i don't know if youre all larping or whatever)

my initial thought is, this tranny was transitioning 4years ago with her doctor dad giving her meds, cuz 4 years ago tranny looks like a girl. once dad is dead, no more tranny pills.

seriously this thing plays like a man, like her melee is 100x what ellie can do, ellie has to melee with paper cuts while this tranny literally stomps on heads.

Is there any in-game explanation of why she's so over-the-top muscular?
so far no

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Wonder if the character was originally male and they changed it late in development? Because it's just weird looking.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It was clearly designed to be trans and something happened during dev to make them stop short of committing to it and then pivoted to it just being a woman. Still, that shit is clearly a dude and anyone that thinks those arms and chest belong to a standard woman needs to cut down on the drugs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users