The Last of Us

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well right out of the gate he killed Ned Stark in the first outing, a character everyone liked and assumed was going to be the primary protagonist in the whole series. He just did not know when to stop and by now _not_ subverting expectations would actually be subverting them. In his actual written material (not the show) I think pretty much its just good guys and likable characters getting shit on and/or murdered the whole way through.

GRRM's best example of Subversion was the Kingsguard serving the Mad King IMO. All of them were exemplary of the honorable knights of legend. But they were so bound to their honor they served a mad, murderous king anyway.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GRRM's best example of Subversion was the Kingsguard serving the Mad King IMO. All of them were exemplary of the honorable knights of legend. But they were so bound to their honor they served a mad, murderous king anyway.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
god I fucking hate gamers
Games are the Original NPCs. we've been bred to do battle in a two party system. GENESIS IS BETTER/SUPER NINTENDO IS BETTER. PLAYSTATION IS BETTER/N64 IS BETTER. XBOX IS BETTER/PS[Insert number here] IS BETTER.

All those people playing? Those are the ones that are too afraid to admit any fault on the part of Sony, lest the PC community and the XBROS think less of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah stuff like that doesn't affect me. Probably because my own dog pissed all over the floor last night while I was putting his leash on him to take him out to pee.
I prefer to set a trap that I know the dog and handler will walk right into while following my scent and then low crawl to the other side of the street so everyone runs to the explosion and then I can molotov them or something along those lines. I definitely prefer no direct engagement if I can manage it. I haven't really had to dodge attacks yet, so not much practice there.
are you using listening mode? i've used it once or twice to find a mob, maybe, i just use my surround speakers, i've skipped that upgrade path too.

i've hated alternate views to find mobs/hints since playing batman with batvision, and batvision was better than normal vision, just left it on.

this is one tlou, game mechanic i would hope die.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
are you using listening mode? i've used it once or twice to find a mob, maybe, i just use my surround speakers, i've skipped that upgrade path too.

i've hated alternate views to find mobs/hints since playing batman with batvision, and batvision was better than normal vision, just left it on.

this is one tlou, game mechanic i would hope die.

yes I use listen mode all the time. I have fully upgraded stealth lines and the main combat line. I ignored the crafting line so far but I guess I’ll be spending in that until I unlock whatever the fourth line is.
I have found listen mode to be very helpful in coordinating my movement through an environment.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This was fun. Obviously the score has since changed and will continue to.
EbYxSYGVcAAtMaD.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well right out of the gate he killed Ned Stark in the first outing, a character everyone liked and assumed was going to be the primary protagonist in the whole series. He just did not know when to stop and by now _not_ subverting expectations would actually be subverting them. In his actual written material (not the show) I think pretty much its just good guys and likable characters getting shit on and/or murdered the whole way through.

Cersei, Joffrey, Theon, Catlyn, her sister, The Mountain that Rides, his entire crew of fucks all spring to mind as bad people that had bad shit happen to them. Joffrey specifically is a major counterbalance when things were looking pretty bleak.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I wish retards would learn to stop pre-ordering shit. That way when shit comes out it dumpster fires in these peoples fucking faces. This game even with the faggot tranny shit and other wokeness is still making bank because people bought it based on the first one.

Just like people bought Diablo 3 based off previous Blizzard games. These shit companies need to be rewarded with a big fat turd in their bank accounts. Instead of they millions for pissing in your face long before the game is even released. So why wouldn't they do it again.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wish retards would learn to stop pre-ordering shit. That way when shit comes out it dumpster fires in these peoples fucking faces. This game even with the faggot tranny shit and other wokeness is still making bank because people bought it based on the first one.

Just like people bought Diablo 3 based off previous Blizzard games. These shit companies need to be rewarded with a big fat turd in their bank accounts. Instead of they millions for pissing in your face long before the game is even released. So why wouldn't they do it again.
it's so easy with amazon, their latest pre-order gives you the lowest price the game has hit before it releases.

so if you pre-ordered a year ago, and all of a sudden the game is 40$ the week before release, you'd usually have to cancel your old pre-order and just get the new one to get the best price.
now it'll automatically be done.

of course amazon also has 30day refunds, regardless...

Cybsled

Preorders make sense for physical collectors editions of which there will be limited stock. It also made sense back in the day when your local EB would only be getting enough copies of a game to cover pre-orders and everyone else got fucked.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Preorders are fine when it's Amazon, Best Buy, etc. which don't charge you until the moment the game ships. And that's not even 'back in the day', Gamestop still does that right now for all but the biggest releases. My local one doesn't require a deposit anymore, so I don't mind preordering from them either.

If you preorder a digital copy from PSN (not sure if MS/Nintendo do the same thing) weeks/months in advance so they can charge you immediately and then make it a big pain in the ass to get a refund, then yes, you're retarded.

spronk

FPS noob

i think its the fastest selling opening week game for UK and Japan now, i'd expect North America to follow suit.

• 1Barf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
god dammit, now i'm back to tranny quest and i just play it like a fucking brawler, the tranny is so powerful i just run up to humans and just smash, it makes ellie seem so weak.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
god dammit, now i'm back to tranny quest and i just play it like a fucking brawler, the tranny is so powerful i just run up to humans and just smash, it makes ellie seem so weak.

I agree. In the portion I have played with Abby, there was no finesse. It’s just like wading into dudes like Tyson.

Tonight I made it up to where I met Jesse and went back to Dina. I thought the music in that last run up to finding Jesse was really well done. Made it feel very intense and frantic. I imagine that as soon as I find guitar strings and have my talk with Joel, I’ll be on to day 3.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Preorders make sense for physical collectors editions of which there will be limited stock. It also made sense back in the day when your local EB would only be getting enough copies of a game to cover pre-orders and everyone else got fucked.
The people ordering collectors edition video games need to be purged from the gene pool.

• 2Salty
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
We’re delighted to report that The Last of Us Part II is now the fastest-selling first-party PS4 exclusive ever with more than 4 million copies sold through as of June 21. This milestone would not have been reached without the support from our amazing fans, so on behalf of everyone at SIE, thank you!

Of course we must celebrate the entire team at Naughty Dog who made this achievement possible. Neil Druckmann, Vice President of Naughty Dog and Director of The Last of Us Part II, wanted to share this message with you all:
We are so immensely grateful to the millions of fans around the world that have played The Last of Us Part II and shared their experiences with us over the last week. We set out to tell a new kind of story, one that deals with difficult themes and would challenge you in unexpected ways. Hearing how the experience has resonated with so many of you and witnessing the type of thoughtful discussions it has sparked has been so incredible.

• 1Barf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
come November, Cyberpunk is gonna tear this tranny propaganda to pieces by getting to 4 mil in 24 hrs. Cuckmann is gonna go full Kurt Cobain and off himself and thus all will be well again