The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Last Week Tonight knows that it's target audience aren't a bunch of 60 year olds who think cable will never die and don't know what the WhatTube is exactly. Word of mouth, reddit posts and forum chatter will drive more eyes if they give away some of the product for free. I don't think them giving away bits of the product for free hurts their HBO sub numbers and it can do nothing but help. Companies who don't embrace piracy as a real thing and figure out how to make their product something worth paying for will be doomed for failure in the next decade or so.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. What's funny about Colbert is that he knows it too. Very well. His promo with, "Hello internet. I start on television next week. Which means you'll only ever see me on the internet!"

Give the content creators a say in how the money works. It's gotta be that way until we get the great NSA filter installed.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I heard a great saying at work yesterday which was "Everything is free but you pay for convenience." Which it dawned on me convenience is what I'm actually willing to pay for and if the free route is MORE convenient it will obviously be the most attractive option [ie: DRM, poor streaming quality, too expensive, etc,etc]. Like I'm willing to pay $10/mo for Spotify because it is convenient as hell. Torrenting all the albums was becoming tedious. But I personally don't find it personally inconvenient to just watch HBO shows for free the day after (ie: torrents.) Companies need to just understand piracy exists and you can't stop it. You need to just try and make money off some of the pirates via convenience.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Colbert ratings are in the shitter:

Colbert Drops to 3rd Place Behind Kimmel as New Poll Shows CBS Host Alienating Audiences | Mediaite

boy, what sort of genius could have predicted this disaster?

oh of course:

unless he changes his shtick big time he'll be thrown out faster than Conan. late night audiences won't tolerate him pushing his political agenda.
Colbert-High-Five.gif

enjoy early retirement you dickless cunt.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Colbert actually took a pay cut to take the job. He made more (or would have with his next contract) at Comedy Central.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I miss Colbert Report. I have no interest in these shitty late night talk shows. I DVR his new show, but find I only watch maybe one or two eps per week.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
keg, I'm not clear. You seem to like Colbert, right?
i actually like Colbert more than that insufferable cunt John Oliver. at least Colbert is a fucking American. uppity, faggy Brits are the last people who should be coming to our country and lecturing us on oppression.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Colbert is just ok. Show seems too hipster for my tastes though. I was always a Craig Ferguson fan. Miss me some Geoff. James Corden actually has a pretty good show. He's a lot funnier than I figured he would be. I think I slammed him in one of these threads but I was wrong. Kimmel is hit or miss but usually entertains. I don't watch enough Fallon to judge. Our local NBC affiliate sucks and I can barely stand to have that channel on.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
colbert lost all credibility when he had sarkeesian right in his claws and instead propped her up. goddamn pussy.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
colbert fucking sucks as late show host

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users