The Leftovers

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I thought the trailers for this looked amazing, and was thinking this would be HBO's next big thing. Very excited. Then I saw lindelofs name attached to it. Next big thing? Sure, but I'm sure as hell not watching it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No problem. It was on the fourth page. Only reason I knew another thread existed was because I had posted in it.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Well I slogged through the first episode. It was an uninteresting series of down notes from beginning to end. Basically everyone coping and acting out over the disappearance against the backdrop of incredibly thin discussion over what the cause might have been, which went no further than the predictable Act of God vs. Unexplained Phenomena. This would have to get way, way, WAY better with the quickness to be worth watching (which I won't be doing).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
LOST was an amazing series, even with the ending it doesnt make the series itself bad. Its amusing LOST is treated much like the MassEffect series because of its ending.

Prometheus and Cowboys and Aliens.....yeah thats bad but i'll use the high point of LOST to have some type of hope for this series, especially considering its HBO.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It seems like it has hope as the premise is both interesting and maintains a lot of cool possibilities, however the premier failed to amaze. Enough to rope me in for at least a few more episodes, but the whole "white clothes smokers" cult really disappointed. From the previews you get the feeling they're some ominous force, but so far they're just a bunch of mostly ugly chicks that chain smoke and look creepy. Maybe they'll develop into something cool, but so far they're as mundane as it gets.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No, the ending to Lostdoesmake it bad. The entire final season was shit, but the ending was the clincher.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I think the only thing that made the last season of Lost bad was the expectations they setup after years of making their viewership wait week after week for the next episode/cliffhanger. I watched all the seasons back to back in a marathon after the show was done and found both the final season and finale pretty good, though certainly not as good as the first few seasons. The unanswered questions didn't matter as much to me because I didn't spend five years waiting to find out. The "touching" finale rather than the informative one I would have been seeking if I had been waiting five years therefore satisfied me.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im 100% ok with some series not having informative endings, be it they not able to explain it 100% or just keeping the intrigue and speculation going on forever, its A-Ok.

Comparatively to series that have come and gone, LOST was able to do what no other series has been able to do with such intrigue and mystery and they did it for years. More to the point is that after LOST a few series tried to follow suit and failed miserably to only last a season or so.

Atleast LOST had an ending, some shows build up and get cancelled before any form of conclusion..Where is my Almost Human?
frown.png

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Lost sucked after season two. If you disagree, you have bad taste.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think the only thing that made the last season of Lost bad was the expectations they setup after years of making their viewership wait week after week for the next episode/cliffhanger. I watched all the seasons back to back in a marathon after the show was done and found both the final season and finale pretty good, though certainly not as good as the first few seasons. The unanswered questions didn't matter as much to me because I didn't spend five years waiting to find out. The "touching" finale rather than the informative one I would have been seeking if I had been waiting five years therefore satisfied me.
Yeah, that's sort of understandable. Unfortunately I watched it live from the very first episode. I loved the show. However, my "love" was definitely under the assumption that all the cool mystery and intrigue would be explained. It wasn't and I was definitely disappointed.

spronk

FPS noob
lost is like the hot girlfriend who has a tight pussy, sucks dick like a vacuum, knows exactly how to massage your prostate, is always bringing home girls for threesomes, but after you get married you find out she is a tranny
400px-Lost_main_title.svg.png

still a fun show to talk about though and the internet discussions after each episode were the fucking best, especially all the theories and shit. anyone who didn't watch it live missed out on a lot, the talk was like 90% of the fun

• 1Picard

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
lost is like the hot girlfriend who has a tight pussy, sucks dick like a vacuum, knows exactly how to massage your prostate, is always bringing home girls for threesomes, but after you get married you find out she is a tranny
400px-Lost_main_title.svg.png

still a fun show to talk about though and the internet discussions after each episode were the fucking best, especially all the theories and shit. anyone who didn't watch it live missed out on a lot, the talk was like 90% of the fun
Im failing to understand what you are getting at here.

So you like lost?

• 1Like

kidgamer_sl

shitlord
For a premier episode it was fine. Just an introduction of all the characters really. I get the lingering issues for those who lost someone but I hope its so dark & gloomy every episode. A bit of humor sometimes would help.

Also, this is a HBO show. Where were the tits?