The Little Mermaid (2023)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Eric has to be black as well, or there is going to be some hilarious racial undertones.

Black Mermaid, longs to be part of white mans world.
Gives up her fins, voice, and natural hair to a Sea witch to join the first white man she sees.
Has her black father turn her... into a white woman to marry Eric in the end?
Don’t be a fascist. Eric is going to be Erica, the non binary otherkin lesbian owl bear Muslim asylum seeker from Latinx nation.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Eric has to be black as well, or there is going to be some hilarious racial undertones.

Black Mermaid, longs to be part of white mans world.
Gives up her fins, voice, and natural hair to a Sea witch to join the first white man she sees.
Has her black father turn her... into a white woman to marry Eric in the end?

You know hollywood hasnt thought that far ahead. They are too busy patting themselves on the back for being so woke.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I showed this to my kids. They were annoyed and confused. Not a great look for Disney.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Like who gives a fuck. It's based off a cartoon about fictional creature (a mermiad). Not like a black person is playing the role of Mulan or Pocahontas(who was an actual real person). People are so uptight these days.
Oh how cute, looks like the NPC defense routines got activated. The "people are so uptight" defense, coming from the same people who brought you "white people selling burritos is cultural appropriation".

• 3Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I apparently raised a racist, my 18yr daughter who had been excited for this has some colorful thoughts on this change. I'll try to re educate her, to bow to the wisdom of our betters.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hollywood is worthless today. You see a ton of repeats and this shit. "We can't think of new ideas so what are we going to do?!! I guess put a black lead in an old movie! 100+ new virtue points and we didn't even have to use our little minds to think of a story???! YAY!!!!!"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
my 18yr daughter
1de.gif

What is her opinion on Xboxes?

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If Ariel is black then her father's black, right?

So he won't be in the movie?

• 11Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 14 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While it might be for a small minority, the vast majority of people upset with shit like this isn't racism, it's about tradition. Snow White is Anglo. Mulan is asian. Alexander Hamilton was white. History matters. Facts matter. Our Founders were white British expats. Saying they were black a thousand times wont make them any less white. Want to appeal to a minority audience? Make new shit based on minority characters. And make a good product. Tuskegee Airmen is full of African Americans playing African Americans. And its enjoyable because its a well done movie. The best episode of Westworld S2 ia all about a native american and starred a native American playing a native American. This shit isnt fucking rocket scientist.

And when some woke SJW wants to tell me that characters in movies and TV should be colorblind, I want to know when they are going to cast Tom Hardy as Dr. Martin Luthor King.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
It doesn't HAVE to be woke to ruin a comic book character you know.
Hollywood is worthless today. You see a ton of repeats and this shit. "We can't think of new ideas so what are we going to do?!! I guess put a black lead in an old movie! 100+ new virtue points and we didn't even have to use our little minds to think of a story???! YAY!!!!!"
This complaint, in and of itself, is a repeat and reboot of complaints from 50 years ago.

Oh, the irony.

• 3Dislike
  • 2Salty
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It doesn't HAVE to be woke to ruin a comic book character you know.

This complaint, in and of itself, is a repeat and reboot of complaints from 50 years ago.

Oh, the irony.
You are correct. The woke issue is just the current incarnation. Originality is dead in Hollywood. I'm ok if Tony Stark dies and a trans eskimo puts the armor on. I am not ok with a new Iron Man movie with the character of Tony Stark being played by a trans eskimo.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
While it might be for a small minority, the vast majority of people upset with shit like this isn't racism, it's about tradition. Snow White is Anglo. Mulan is asian. Alexander Hamilton was white. History matters. Facts matter. Our Founders were white British expats. Saying they were black a thousand times wont make them any less white. Want to appeal to a minority audience? Make new shit based on minority characters. And make a good product. Tuskegee Airmen is full of African Americans playing African Americans. And its enjoyable because its a well done movie. The best episode of Westworld S2 ia all about a native american and starred a native American playing a native American. This shit isnt fucking rocket scientist.

And when some woke SJW wants to tell me that characters in movies and TV should be colorblind, I want to know when they are going to cast Tom Hardy as Dr. Martin Luthor King.
I get that and I do agree about living or past lived people should be portrayed by individuals of the same ethnic background. Ghandi shouldn't be played by Jack Black, MLK shouldn't be played by Trump ect. They are real human and have a historical significance. But getting bent over a fictional cartoon character is a little too much in my opinion. Until someone catches a real-life mermaid and says "See I told you they are white" this thread is dumb.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I get that and I do agree about living or past lived people should be portrayed by individuals of the same ethnic background. Ghandi shouldn't be played by Jack Black, MLK shouldn't be played by Trump ect. They are real human and have a historical significance. But getting bent over a fictional cartoon character is a little too much in my opinion. Until someone catches a real-life mermaid and says "See I told you they are white" this thread is dumb.
I'm not saying mermaids should be white. I'm saying the main character mermaid in the movie and assorted disney rides, lunchboxes, tshirts etc ia white with red hair. Dont change THAT mermaid from a white ginger to an African American unless there is a plot device that changes her appearance. Or maybe just make a new mermaid movie about a different mermaid who happens to be African american.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
ITT: A bunch of dudes who got their first boner to a cartoon movie and have had a fucked up grip on reality ever since.

• 3Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ive never watched little mermaid, but its pretty stupid to fuck up canon you created.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users