The Little Mermaid (2023)

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey now, Snow White would be a great person of color. Skin as white as... hmm, charcoal?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Her name is Er-e-l now LOL

airwrecka.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Y'all didn't complain about SJW shit in beauty and the beast....

Y'all didn't complain about SJW shit in alladin

And now? After heaping salts in all the other threads...

I am here to say, you all who accepted gays and blacks in ye ol France and a strong independent woman bashing the pat'rchy in ancient MIDDLE EAST... haha you let this crap happy.

Enjoy your black Ariel - morons

Hope Tiana is white AF ginger

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What are other examples of redheads being replaced? Not arguing, just asking.

The thing is, Ariel is known the whole world over as pale skin red hair. You go to Disney World and you meet Ariel. She’s hot girl, red hair. Every little girl on earth, regardless of color, knows and loves Ariel. Why the fuck make her black now? Disney has the money, they should have searched entire planet for the perfect Ariel. I’m fine, and glad, Disney has black princesses, but they can be an appropriate or original content. Not replacing one of the top five most recognizable Disney characters on earth. Cinderella, Elsa, Anna, Ariel, .. Snow White/Belle.
7af2e0363742b6c2ba6bb5851aab434b.jpg

7260eaed36d612771fe82c77feef9526.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Every other Disney live action remake has tried to stay as close to the original as possible so why choose a huge cash cow to virtue signal?
Because you people buy anything and everything that company shits out.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Isn't this just the film equivalent of sampling?

Like how black DJs in the 80s sampled white people's music... they're just sampling our whitest characters now?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They maybe got mixed up. Instead of being from Atlantis, they thought she was from Atlanta.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Thanks, I knew someone would come through. I saw the longer list somewhere once but couldnt find it today. Thisll do. I forgot about Annie, lol. Of all the characters *defined* by their red hair, little orphan Annie.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This will be the biggest selling movie in China.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Like who gives a fuck. It's based off a cartoon about fictional creature (a mermiad). Not like a black person is playing the role of Mulan or Pocahontas(who was an actual real person). People are so uptight these days.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Movie reminds me of Vanguard somehow.

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Like who gives a fuck. It's based off a cartoon about fictional creature (a mermiad). Not like a black person is playing the role of Mulan or Pocahontas(who was an actual real person). People are so uptight these days.
It matters because as a white person I am told cultural appropriation is terrible and I am a nazi for doing it. And then my swimming ability is appropriated by some nog. Fuck...no....

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

Eric has to be black as well, or there is going to be some hilarious racial undertones.

Black Mermaid, longs to be part of white mans world.
Gives up her fins, voice, and natural hair to a Sea witch to join the first white man she sees.
Has her black father turn her... into a white woman to marry Eric in the end?

• 3Worf
  • 1Blown