Ahh, I love watching the broth of a new meme
Perfect.

GIF by BONED Broth ®

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is her features CGI enhanced or something?
She just doesnt look normal and I can't quite put my finger on what it is that's off.
dude, its her eyes. they are panaramic. they're a nice shade of blue (because she's not actually black), but its like the headlights of a 57 chevy.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Is her features CGI enhanced or something?
She just doesnt look normal and I can't quite put my finger on what it is that's off.
When I was a teen I used to take out the Learning to Draw books by Jack Hamm from the local lieberry and if I drew her face I would erase it and fix the proportions because that looks all kinds of wrong.

There is also a 'Golden Ratio' for facial proportions and, once again, her face violates those proportions and makes her look like Down's Syndrome Corky.

In short, bitch's face all kinds of fucked up.

• 4Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When I was a teen I used to take out the Learning to Draw books by Jack Hamm from the local lieberry and if I drew her face I would erase it and fix the proportions because that looks all kinds of wrong.

There is also a 'Golden Ratio' for facial proportions and, once again, her face violates those proportions and makes her look like Down's Syndrome Corky.

In short, bitch's face all kinds of fucked up.
5e47c28fa13cb8187956464e7dbb74b8.png

df6d9bfb3a46994bae772c149b794aaf.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
arial in the disney cartoon was 16 wasn't she.

her line went "i'm 16 yrs old, i am not a child" (yes i looked it up)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Disney’s race-swapped Little Mermaid a flop in China—possibly worst 2023 opening: report​

The film has earned only $13,000 in Chinese pre-sales.

Disney’s race-swapped Little Mermaid a flop in China—possibly worst 2023 opening: report

Joshua Young
North Carolina

May 22, 2023
2 minute read

Disney's new The Little Mermaid film, starring black actress Halle Bailey as the main character Ariel, has a Chinese poster that obscures the character's race, as the film is on track to flop in the Communist-led country.
According to Comic Book Resources, "the film is likely to be Disney's worst-performing Chinese release this year," and has only earned $13,000 in pre-sales.

In comparison, Cruella, the last Disney live-action adaptation to hit Chinese theaters, grossed 1.6 million upon opening, and Mulan grossed $307,000 in one day of presales and $23 million upon opening.

Disney has also created alternative marketing for the communist country by releasing a different poster than the one in the US. Elijah Schaffer on Twitter posted a side-by-side comparison and asked, "can you spot the difference."

Human Event's Jack Posobiec tweeted, "Disney's poster for the Little Mermaid in China speaks for itself" and another made it clear and noted that the actress's black skin was made blue.

This is not the first time Disney has downplayed a character's race in their marketing to China. Famously the black actor John Boyega, who played Finn in The Force Awakens, was reduced in prominence in the Chinese poster from the American poster.

According to Variety, in addition to minimizing Boyega, they cut out additional non-white characters entirely for the Chinese poster.

According to CNN, Chinese state media denied the change was due to racism in the country.

Currently, The Little Mermaid sits at a 71 percent critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

The New York Post review said, "Despite real actors, CGI and brand new material, 'Mermaid' is the studio’s latest flesh-and-blood cash grab that’s more lifeless than far better two-dimensional painted drawings."

The Little Mermaid is one of a few Hollywood films to garner a release in China after the country had cracked down on US releases during the Covid pandemic.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Double Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They didn't release a different poster, thats just the imax one and it looks infinitely better / less busy nonsense. Also, absolutely hilarious if they shade her to be blue due to racism over there.

"You think white people are racist? Hold my beer mermaid"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ok, somebody explain the racism to me here.
During the international premiere of The Little Mermaid in Mexico City, local journalists interviewed the young actress and Spanish actor Javier Bardem at multiple entertainment programs. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be a standard international tour ended up being an unpleasant experience for Halle Bailey, who faced out-of-touch comments from Argentinian actor Patricio Borghetti during an interview in the Mexican morning show Venga la Alegría.

During the nearly seven-minute interview, Halle was asked about her experience visiting Mexico, how her role as Ariel has impacted her life, and her relationship with fellow actors working in the movie, including Melissa McCarthy (Ursula).

However, about halfway through the interview, Patricio Borghetti stopped to tell Halle, “This isn’t a question. It’s something I want to share with you. I promise, no one in that movie theater was looking at your skin color last night. Everyone, everyone, including my wife and my children, was lost in your eyes. Everyone.” While these comments were made in good faith, according to the Argentinian actor, Halle’s body language and facial expressions showed discomfort after hearing them and during the rest of the interview, as they inevitably felt racially charged.

While Mexican culture and its understanding of racism and Black culture cannot be compared to American standards, Borghetti’s comments inevitably feel out of touch. They even caused Halle Bailey to reportedly complain to some of Disney’s high executives, questioning why she was brought to Mexico and asking never to be exposed to interactions with unprepared journalists.

During the same interview, Bailey commented she had tried to “focus on the positivity and seeing all of the beautiful little children and babies’ reactions to the dolls and to the, to the mermaid like me that looks like them.” But even all the positivity in the world could not ignore the tone-deaf comments Halle Bailey had to face during her tour promoting The Little Mermaid in Mexico City.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's amazing what happens when you leave the bubble of what qualifies as "racism" in the US.

The correct lesson might have been to acknowledge just how coddled blacks are in the US. Although considering how innocuous the comment was, there's no way she'd make the connection.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
ok, somebody explain the racism to me here.
During the international premiere of The Little Mermaid in Mexico City, local journalists interviewed the young actress and Spanish actor Javier Bardem at multiple entertainment programs. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be a standard international tour ended up being an unpleasant experience for Halle Bailey, who faced out-of-touch comments from Argentinian actor Patricio Borghetti during an interview in the Mexican morning show Venga la Alegría.

During the nearly seven-minute interview, Halle was asked about her experience visiting Mexico, how her role as Ariel has impacted her life, and her relationship with fellow actors working in the movie, including Melissa McCarthy (Ursula).

However, about halfway through the interview, Patricio Borghetti stopped to tell Halle, “This isn’t a question. It’s something I want to share with you. I promise, no one in that movie theater was looking at your skin color last night. Everyone, everyone, including my wife and my children, was lost in your eyes. Everyone.” While these comments were made in good faith, according to the Argentinian actor, Halle’s body language and facial expressions showed discomfort after hearing them and during the rest of the interview, as they inevitably felt racially charged.

While Mexican culture and its understanding of racism and Black culture cannot be compared to American standards, Borghetti’s comments inevitably feel out of touch. They even caused Halle Bailey to reportedly complain to some of Disney’s high executives, questioning why she was brought to Mexico and asking never to be exposed to interactions with unprepared journalists.

During the same interview, Bailey commented she had tried to “focus on the positivity and seeing all of the beautiful little children and babies’ reactions to the dolls and to the, to the mermaid like me that looks like them.” But even all the positivity in the world could not ignore the tone-deaf comments Halle Bailey had to face during her tour promoting The Little Mermaid in Mexico City.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA REAP WHAT YOU SOW YOU CUNTS! They make everything about skin color then get rustled when they get exactly what they ask for. Watching this movie fail at the box office is going to be the chef's kiss.

• 8Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA REAP WHAT YOU SOW YOU CUNTS! They make everything about skin color then get rustled when they get exactly what they ask for. Watching this movie fail at the box office is going to be the chef's kiss.
i still dont understand how any of what that man said could be construed as racist. " your skin color made no difference to anyone. we all were lost in your eyes" how does that become "racism!"

• 4Like