The Little Mermaid (2023)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was it the Last Jedi where RT removed 0.5 star scores from being part of the average? Then everyone learned to give 1 full star and that's when they locked things down and started the "hidden algorithm" games and locking audience scores.

It started with Disney, but it won't end with Disney.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Other than revealing how shady policy makers are, it won't matter. They won't magically change people's opinion. The only effect this would have, is for retards that actually look at movie scores on IMDB to decide whether or not they would pay to see it. I imagine most people make this decision via word of mouth or just their opinion from trailers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Other than revealing how shady policy makers are, it won't matter. They won't magically change people's opinion. The only effect this would have, is for retards that actually look at movie scores on IMDB to decide whether or not they would pay to see it. I imagine most people make this decision via word of mouth or just their opinion from trailers.
exactly, there are tons of highly rated flops. sometimes it isnt until they hit video or cable does buzz start generating about them through word of mouth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I imagine most people make this decision via social media
ftfy

The still-plugged-in people I know universally are saying good things about this movie and only hearing good things about this movie.

The discussion in this thread is as far outside the mainstream conversation as WEF and 3AM vote dumps.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
probably goes in the pile with other things like how does a bird sing and talk underwater?
Talking underwater isn't hard, you just gota know how to do it...and have hands to make an air pocket to speak into.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so Spiderverse is eating Ariel's lunch at the box office and its has an actual high audience score. did the racists give Urban Spidey a pass?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
so Spiderverse is eating Ariel's lunch at the box office and its has an actual high audience score. did the racists give Urban Spidey a pass?
Miles is half Puerto Rican so it doesn’t count.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I guess not, but it's all the other black characters in the movie. Easily 1/2 of the "new" spider-men introduced are black. There's also an indian one (pull start, not wuwu). Also #1 PR angry spider-man from 2099.

nu_11

20230604_130252.jpg

• 16Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 18 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
After few family offerings for much of the first half of 2023, theaters are suddenly flush with kid-friendly entertainment. Last week's top film, Disney's live-action remake "The Little Mermaid," slid to second with $40.6 million in it second weekend.

After launching with $95.5 million and $117.5 million over the four-day Memorial Day weekend, "The Little Mermaid" dipped 57%, in part because of formidable competition from "Across the Spider-Verse."

Having cost a reported $250 million to make, "The Little Mermaid" was met with mixed reviews but more enthusiasm from audiences, which gave it an "A" on CinemaScore. But overseas, where previous Disney live-action remakes have thrived, is proving harder territory this time. The film added $42.4 million internationally for the weekend.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't know if anyones commented on this yet, but just go with me for a minute.

Mermaids are part fish, right?

Some fish - flounder, sole, and halibut, for example - undergo a remarkable transformation as they age. Their eyes start on opposite sides of their head like most fish. But over time the eyes physically migrate until they're both on the same side, and the fish can transition to its new life as a flatfish.

She's just a halibut going through puberty

• 5Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users