The Lone Ranger

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will watch this because having Johnny play an indian is so highly offensive and potentially funny.

I just wish he would stop dragging that Helena B. Carter chick with him in every movie. To bad Ed Norton never turned the gun on her at the end of fight club. That would be the only way to improve on that movie.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, at least they didn't turn it into a slapstick comedy like all the other 80s shows-turned-films.

Goatface

sad, when i was young used to love the Lone Ranger and would have loved to see a good serious reboot. Want this movie to fail so badly. reviews are terrible for it,just fear Depp fans will still prop it up for some reason.

Movie is going to be steaming pile of dogshit.
Rotten tomatoes reviews are saying its terrible, even more sad is it is Disney and Depp so it probably make 500 million as well as have sequels.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
saw a trailer before Star Trek a while ago. Looks boring as hell, and I bet it's gonna tank big time in Europe, and I guess everywhere else that's not the US
wink.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I loved The Lone Ranger as a small child, I had the dolls and his horse Silver. This movie looks like a fucking joke. Maybe its good and it was just a bad trailer or something, but i wouldnt spend money to find out. I rather see Machete Kills which I know will rock and I havent even seen the trailer for it.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Grew up on the show, listened to records of the old radio show withmy grandparents, and consider myself a longtime fan of the Lone Ranger. I personally liked this movie as much as anything I have seen this summer and felt it captured the feel of the old show with a modern spin. It kind of felt like High Plains Drifter and Maverick combined. Fuck the haters, I liked it a lot, esp the nod to the Green Hornet connection at the end.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Estimated $73m worldwide (includes wed/thur). Despicable Me 2 yielded $293m.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was really destined to fail. the demographic for this movie is what? over 40? and how many in that demographic actually wanted to see johnny depp play tonto while wearing a silly stuffed bird on his head?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
and from what im hearing about this movie,
they cut the lone rangers balls off for 80% of the film and only grows a pair after a bunch of indians are slaughtered by the guy who eats his brothers heart.

iannis

Musty Nester
Grew up on the show, listened to records of the old radio show withmy grandparents, and consider myself a longtime fan of the Lone Ranger. I personally liked this movie as much as anything I have seen this summer and felt it captured the feel of the old show with a modern spin. It kind of felt like High Plains Drifter and Maverick combined. Fuck the haters, I liked it a lot, esp the nod to the Green Hornet connection at the end.
Tonto being so absurd looking is a huge hurdle to get past. The spirit of it, to me, was always that Tonto was the wise indian companion/scout and faithful friend -- not a bloodthirsty warrior on the warpath.

Haven't seen it. But tonto looking like that just screams, "Not your grandpa's tonto". Tonto was like one of the least offensive native stereotypes ever. The worst that could be said is that he was subservient. They went waaaay the other way with it, that costume makes it look like they turned him into the tomohawk chop.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Horrible Disney film versus one of Universal's best?

It's a bad, BAD time to open. There's no Lone Rangers fans left (except maybe Chuk :p) And those of us with kids who make up the 90% of people going out to these types of films, it's not a hard choice between this and Despicable Me 2 (which was fucking awesome btw). And I'd still take them back to see MU or this before Lone Ranger.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Is anyone else tired of Johnny Depp? Because I fucking am. He has two fucking characters now: Disney Character and Hunter S. Thompson Character. They're always the same fucking thing. He also needs to stop so Helena Bonham Carter can stop. That zombie needs to either expand her roles or retire because she's more tired than Depp. The sad thing is she's the more talented of the two.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I've been bored by Depp for a while, but I mostly look at Tim Burton for that.

iannis

Musty Nester
Carter is a very enjoyable actress. Well, could be. Has been before. Same with Depp.

It really is too bad both of them seem to have decided, "Eh. Whatever. Moneyhats!"

Not that given the option I would choose differently.

spronk

FPS noob
I haven't watched depp in a movie in a long time now but he gets a pass from me because he always has a pirates of the caribbean costume with him for when he pops into childrens hospital in character to cheer them up, which is a pretty goddamn awesome thing to do
http://www.eonline.com/news/433160/j...parrow-costume

He does have a pretty amazing sounding movie coming out next year, Transcendence, about the singularity