The Lone Ranger

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You didn't bother even reading anything before White Knighting, Mr. Depp. I understand. He's a handsome dude, and you clearly take it up the ass. But.....If you had clicked the article you would have seen I characterized it perfectly. It's the entire article. The headline of that entire article is: Johnny Depp: Why I Travel With My Captain Jack Sparrow Costume

The end of the article is an ad to see the Lone Ranger. It's called a PR stunt you vapid cunt troll.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
You didn't bother even reading anything before White Knighting, Mr. Depp. I understand. He's a handsome dude, and you clearly take it up the ass. But.....If you had clicked the article you would have seen I characterized it perfectly. It's the entire article. The headline of that entire article is: Johnny Depp: Why I Travel With My Captain Jack Sparrow Costume

The end of the article is an ad to see the Lone Ranger. It's called a PR stunt you vapid cunt troll.
the interview was a promotion for his new movie and someone wrote an article focusing on that part of the interview. johnny depp didn't write the fucking thing. what do you not understand?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the interview was a promotion for his new movie and someone wrote an article focusing on that part of the interview. johnny depp didn't write the fucking thing. what do you not understand?
lol you dont think celebs have approval of what they can and can not be asked before an interview? its so obvious he added "ask me why i carry my jack sparrow outfit around wherever i go" before he went in front of a camera.

and despicable me 2 is a Universal film.

iannis

Musty Nester
I doubt Johhny Depp has to be the one to tell the interviewer to ask that question. Mr Depp pays an agent perfectly good money to do that kind of shit for him. And I would imagine that if you are a half-ass competent "Hollywood Stars Interviewer Person" you don't need to be told to ask self-serving press questions. You present a list of about 20 you already have and ask which one the star would prefer.

I mean seriously, for all we know Depp is walking around and occasionally thinking to himself, "Man. Why do all these assholesalwaysask me about Jack Sparrow and that stuff I do with Make-a-Wish? God, this entire nation is one giant herd of cows. I AM A GOD."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so i guess the chance of a green hornet-lone ranger crossover movie is never going to happen since both movies were flops. the Reids are not well loved by movie goers.
tongue.png

khalid

Unelected Mod
It is a movie called the Lone Ranger that is actually staring Tonto, who is played by Johnny Depp. Who didn't know this shit was going to fail horribly?

Arakkis

N00b
I like Westerns. I like the Lone Ranger. I am not going to see this abortion because they have a cooky white guy playing a Native American by wearing a fucking stuffed bird on his head. It would be like a black sidekick wearing a watermelon helmet and throwing fried chicken at bad guys. Where are all the liberal hippie douches screaming racism at this movie?

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'm not really sure how any body can say this movie is good. Anyone on the fence about this movie let me assure you it is not good. It is shit. Absolute garbage of a film with a cool stupid action last 10 minutes and that's it.

And I love Johnny Depp.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
no giant mechanical spider in this one though.

for a mindless western action flick- i liked the movie, my kids loved it. that is good enough for me.

no subtext, no massive message, i do agree that the lone ranger was a pussy for 3/4th of the movie, i still liked it, and to me that is all that matter

and between this and john carter.... i liked this a bit more. no worries either way i liked john carter too.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
True Grit also made over 170 mil. with a budget of only 40mil (its opening weekend was almost 25m), and although 3:10 to Yuma lost money domestically, it was still a good movie. The problem isn't that there isn't an audience for western movies.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I really liked 3:10 to Yuma. Ben Foster did an amazing job in that one.

Juvarisx

Florida
Not saying they were right in this instance but sometimes I do wonder what critics are smoking when they give bad reviews to some movies, or good reviews ot bad movies.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah to be fair they were pretty vitriolic towards what really wasn't that awful a movie. I don't know how much of an impact that shit has on the profitability of the movie, but the critic reaction made no sense to me at all. Honestly I find myself wondering what purpose 90% of critics serve, taste is too diverse for one person to really be able to quantify whether a single movie is good or bad, you have the rare critic who manages to offer unique insight into the movie in the process, but the rest mostly seem to be speaking out of their asses.