The Lone Ranger

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not saying they were right in this instance but sometimes I do wonder what critics are smoking when they give bad reviews to some movies, or good reviews ot bad movies.
The $100.00 Bills they were paid with to do the reviews might be what they are smoking.

Szlia

I will first say that I had never even heard of the Lone Ranger before seeing this movie, that I can't judge the movie as a whole because I was dead tired when seeing it so missed some significant chunks of it, BUT all the people who whine all year long about shaky cams better go see it because the action scenes are brilliantly orchestrated with well thought out and cleverly framed steady shots. The result: jaw dropping, over the top comedy-action of the highest order. Easily the best directed action scenes in an american movie I saw in 2013 (several asian movies - The Thieves, The Berlin File, The Grandmaster, Saving General Yang - are in this race for world wide best).

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Lame flick. I was only amused by Depp talking to the horse. That should have been the core of the experience. Remove the lone ranger entirely.

Tonto was good. Unfortunately Tonto had to carry a bunch of suck, and it just didn't work for me.

Commercially, as discussed before, should not have been scheduled against such likely successes.