The Lord of the Rings

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Glad to hear it won't be too ableist and there will be disabled actors and characters along with the other inclusivity. Breaking down barriers of ableism was a big theme for Tolkien I presume. Good to know his vision for a more disabled world is coming to fruition.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Glad to hear it won't be too ableist and there will be disabled actors and characters along with the other inclusivity. Breaking down barriers of ableism was a big theme for Tolkien I presume. Good to know his vision for a more disabled world is coming to fruition.
maybe one day the road to Mordor will be wheelchair accessible.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
🤷🏻‍♂️

“The Lord Of The Rings: Rings Of Power Won't Be Influenced By Modern-Day Politics, Showrunner Says
The show aspires to be "timeless" like the original books.”

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

holy fucking cringe.

god damn that bitch in pink is physically repulsive from head to toe. they should have cast her as an inclusive cave troll

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember kids…

It’s called cultural appropriation and white washing when you do it.

When they do it to you it’s called diversifying and equality.

And remember to always use preferred pronouns!

Until next time!

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's going to be different this time. This show will be good. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air.

c6e.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Can't wait for the House of the Dragon Vs Rings of Power Race to the bottom shitfest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All the patrons masked up like good sheep while the elite sit on their throne maskless basking in the adoration of the consoomers.

God I fucking hate 21st century society.
in order to get into SDCC, you were required to have quad boosted proof , have a negative covid test card and you MUST wear your mask at ALL times.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Well, I'd advise NOT to read anything, since doing so will only make the show that much worse. If you're deadset on reading though, then read Unfinished Tales and the Silmarillion. They have everything this show will massacre.
I dunno , I read lord of the rings prior to the release and for the most part I thought the changes were good 👍, especially Aragorn I thought he was too bullish In the books.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I mean it looks dope and the subject matter is good. Praying this is good since I am a big fan, but after Wheel of Time I am not hopeful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user